Capsular contracture - vitamins

Hi all I have just had a revision for capsular contracture - silimed polyurethane replaced with polytech polyurethane, both times under muscle. 

I am two weeks post op now.

I am wondering if anyone has taken a specific vitamin regimen for reducing the chance of capsular contracture recurring

I am considering 1000mg natutal vitamin e.

Arnica and milk thistle - has anyone taken thse before with success. What dose did you take?

Is there anything else I can take or do? 

I am also on a antibiotic course for 6 weeks - rifampicin and minocycline. 

Thanks ?

I have heard vitamin E i supposed to be very good,  not sure about the others i do know that Arnica is good for brusing and swelling and i started taking that at about 2 wpo. Has your ps reccomended massage. I am led to believe that cc is caused by bacteria that gets into the pocket during augmentation or from bacteria in your blood if you have exessive bleeding during the surgery which is why you take an antibiotic. Happy healing and i hope this time you have no complications 

CC is a ***** and the reoccurrence rate is something like 40% once you’ve had it. I had it 2013 and thankfully have never had it again *touch bloody wood*.

i don’t take anything specially for it however I do take milk thistle everyday but purely for my liver as prophylaxis. I’m glad to hear it’s good for CC though I’d never heard that.

On 12/17/2017 at 9:22 PM, meg58 said:

Hi all I have just had a revision for capsular contracture - silimed polyurethane replaced with polytech polyurethane, both times under muscle. 

I am two weeks post op now.

I am wondering if anyone has taken a specific vitamin regimen for reducing the chance of capsular contracture recurring

I am considering 1000mg natutal vitamin e.

Arnica and milk thistle - has anyone taken thse before with success. What dose did you take?

Is there anything else I can take or do? 

I am also on a antibiotic course for 6 weeks - rifampicin and minocycline. 

Thanks ?

hey sorry this may be a bit off topic but how old were your polyurethane implants? I remember back in the day they were always marketed as the lowest capsular contracture rate - like less then 1%.

Sorry you had to have revision surgery, I went through the same thing myself but it was decided that removal and not replacing them straight away was a safer option for me, unfortunately.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...