How tight should the compression bra be?

Just wondering how tight it should be. The one they gave me post op is kind of bikini style and when I'm reclined it's not pulling my implants tightly. When I stand up it gives decent support. 

I bought one online from macom which is advised for "bigger implants" and gives extra support. It fits my ribcage fine,  However when I put it on my breasts do feel like they're being pulled quite tightly against my body. Is this correct? Should they be moderately supported or should they be tightly  supported? 

It's not painful to wear, but I just don't want to wear something that is too tight. And also don't want to wear something too loose either! 

The tighter one seems to show more of the upper pole as it pulled them closer to my body. 

Oh, and also, will a tighter compression bra prevent dropping into the pocket? Like are we meant to have them hanging down a tiny bit to allow for dropping down? 

Well the problem with calling the clinic is they were a bit unhelpful and just said "the one we gave you will be fine" and kind of sent me on my way lol. I also can't travel in to the clinic today as it's quite far away so I can't even show them. 

@Kismet did yours turn out alright despite the pain and tightness? 

Also @Kismet did yours leave marks after 20 mins? Did you swap it for a less tight one? 

@Helloholly yes mine did leave marks it 

I had to just have the top and bottom hooks done up, i called up (it was fri) and said it seemed too tight and when i went in on the wednesday the dr said yep way too tight and sent me to get bigger :-( 

The bigger one was still firm but soooo much better

Some drs prefer no bra so id guess too tight would be more of a concern than not

18 minutes ago, Kismet said:

@Helloholly yes mine did leave marks it 

I had to just have the top and bottom hooks done up, i called up (it was fri) and said it seemed too tight and when i went in on the wednesday the dr said yep way too tight and sent me to get bigger :-( 

The bigger one was still firm but soooo much better

Some drs prefer no bra so id guess too tight would be more of a concern than not

Yeah it's all very confusing exactly how right it should be. The one they gave me is extreme comfortable but like I said I don't think it offers any compression at all. Only a bit of support. ??? ahhh decisions! I guess I could try wearing the tighter one for a day and see how it feels afterwards 

Hi hun my po bra was firm supporting but not tight and i did have a bit of compression on the boobs if that makes sense, however at about day 3 po when the swelling really kicked in it did feel a bit to tight for a couple of days so i used to undo the top and bottom hooks for a bit of relief and would also take my bra off at night while i was watching TV for about half an hour. 

Definitely check with your sergeon as i was encouraged to keep mine on for the entire 6 wks as i have anatomicals so i think the po rules are slightly different to rounds.