Perth girls - did you consult with more than one surgeon?

Hi girls,

I had my initial appointment to discuss BA with Sam Cunneen on Monday which went very well. I was really happy with him and had a good gut feeling. 

I was also due to meet with Guy Watts who initially couldn't see me until May 2018 but I just got in on a cancellation for Jan 19th 2018. 

My question is, did most of you meet with more than one surgeon before deciding who to go with? I was really happy and comfortable with Sam but wondering if I should meet with Guy anyway, just in case? 

Thanks! 

31 minutes ago, Mumma-K said:

Hi girls,

I had my initial appointment to discuss BA with Sam Cunneen on Monday which went very well. I was really happy with him and had a good gut feeling. 

I was also due to meet with Guy Watts who initially couldn't see me until May 2018 but I just got in on a cancellation for Jan 19th 2018. 

My question is, did most of you meet with more than one surgeon before deciding who to go with? I was really happy and comfortable with Sam but wondering if I should meet with Guy anyway, just in case? 

Thanks! 

Hi @Mumma-K I only met with one surgeon, Mr Anthony Williams at Assure. I had done background research on him and his reviews are highly positive, plus he has extensive skills and experience as a plastic surgeon in Australia and overseas and is renowned for being meticulous. When I met him I was totally comfortable with his approach and his recommendation and advice and I didn't feel the need to consult with any other surgeon. 

I think I've mentioned previously, we are lucky in Perth to have a number of brilliant plastic surgeons. If you feel comfortable and happy with Sam and his recommendations, don't waste money on other consults. If you are uncertain in any way with Sam, then yes get a second opinion to put your mind at ease.

Some girls go with just the one, other have multiple consultations.

1 hour ago, Mumma-K said:

@sabP thanks for your reply  how’s your recovery going? 

Hi @Mumma-K you're welcome :) my recovery is going really well, the swelling is totally gone, I had very little bruising to start with (my surgeon uses the Keller Funnel technique which minimises bruising and hastens recovery) and I'm back to most everyday activities. Still can't lift anything heavy and still sleeping semi-upright. The new girls are looking fabulous too :) xo

Hi @Mumma-K i had 3 consults ( different surgeons )  all up  and it was the last sergeon i saw that i knew instantly i wanted to perform my BA. I think you should aksi meet with Dr watts although i can pretty much guarantee it will make your decision much harder as he was great as well but i connected with Sam more. 

I also had 2 different consults before I chose Sam Cunneen. I actually cancelled my appt to meet Dr Watts after seeing Sam, no other reason than I felt I would only be wasting months to see Dr Watts and feel I had already made up my mind like @Wanting boobs. So I can’t say anything about Dr Watts as I never got to meet him but I’ve heard nothing but good things about him 

20 hours ago, Cupcake85 said:

I didn't and paid for it first time around. Not mentioning names but this surgeon has now retired. 

Second time around only consulted with Dr Connell on the recommendation of an old work colleague. Am going with Dr Dona next time as I want to go much bigger. 

Thanks for your reply @Cupcake85. Can I ask what you mean when you say you paid for it? Do you think you were given advice that was not the best for your body/desired look? Do you feel that some info was withheld from you? Thank you x

18 hours ago, Wanting boobs said:

Hi @Mumma-K i had 3 consults ( different surgeons )  all up  and it was the last sergeon i saw that i knew instantly i wanted to perform my BA. I think you should aksi meet with Dr watts although i can pretty much guarantee it will make your decision much harder as he was great as well but i connected with Sam more. 

@Wanting boobs thank you. Yes, one of the reasons I am considering cancelling the appointment with Dr Watts is I know that will make my decision harder as I've heard that he is an excellent surgeon. I just don't want to rush into it without fully researching all of my options either. Its a tricky one! 

I mean I paid for it complications wise. Yes they can and do happen but I was fobbed off being told I looked great and nothing was wrong. Also a lift should have been done but I was assured implants alone would lift me up. I'm glad he's retired now. 

I think if you were happy with the consult and saw examples of his work then there's no need to consult with anyone else. With me I didn't trust my gut feeling and put my uneasy feeling down to nerves. 

I had 3 consultations and am glad I did. I was happy with the first surgeon, very happy with the 2nd, and over the moon with the third. I probably could have gone with any of them but felt 100% comfortable that I was making the right choice. Yes it was more money, but having the peace of mind was important to me given how much I was spending all up. Having said that, I had a lift and more complex ba so if it had been a more straight forward ba I'd have been happier with just one consult.