Overdone it ? :(

I'm a bit over three weeks and Ive had a bad couple of days. I have had some sore and burning feelings in my left breast and every time I try to get back to living a normal life (as in folding washing- bending to put dishes away- watering the plants) I suffer for it. I am not lifting anything heavy but I'm still getting this annoying pain which I didn't have a few days ago. Its realty frustrating as I need to get back to at least half of what I used to do :(

Has anyone else had similar experience- its starting to really annoy me and I'm pretty sure hubby is over it as well.

3 hours ago, elleg said:

I'm a bit over three weeks and Ive had a bad couple of days. I have had some sore and burning feelings in my left breast and every time I try to get back to living a normal life (as in folding washing- bending to put dishes away- watering the plants) I suffer for it. I am not lifting anything heavy but I'm still getting this annoying pain which I didn't have a few days ago. Its realty frustrating as I need to get back to at least half of what I used to do

Has anyone else had similar experience- its starting to really annoy me and I'm pretty sure hubby is over it as well.

Hey @elleg I'm at the two week mark and whilst I can do most things, I still need to be careful. Like you say, no heavy lifting. But now and again I get a pain if I overstretch or over-reach. I was doing up laces on my sneakers and when I bent forward I got a sharp pain in the bottom of my right breast as I'd been pushing too hard when bending over. 

I understand your frustration, is there any chance you can take a day off to just completely relax again to give time for the pain and tenderness to ease up and then try light things again? Hubby might be over it, but he has to give you time to heal - 3 weeks is still early days and we are not properly healed until 6-8 weeks, we may look fine on the outside, but we are still repairing on the inside and it was major surgery.

I hope you feel more on top of things soon and can relax and enjoy your Christmas... maybe if hubby helps out a bit more you can give him a home-made IOU voucher for a total massage for him for when you are better and as a treat for him?? Buy a nice body oil and tell him how he'll love an all over massage ;) 

Hey there,  was gonna say pretty much the same thing as @sabP, i two got a couple of pains at about the 3 week mark , like you said you need to get back to everyday living and for me i think it was using my arms a lot when i went back to my Hairdressing job,  try and rest up a bit and you could also try a cold pack again in case of any swelling or try some nurofen if it dosn't disagree with you.  ? 

Even having surgeries on my reproductive system for endometriosis, I still took time to heal. It is the same for a BA. Yes everyone heals differently and at different rates. But it is really important to listen to your body. It does sound like you have overdone it. I know it is really hard over Christmas time, but try to rest and put your feet up. I didn't realise how much I used my chest muscles in everyday life until I had my BA. Take care and try to put yourself first.

Thanks everyone, im now a bit over 4 weeks and feeling a bit better. I think i get a little bit of swelling back under my arms when i do too much. I tried to go shopping and trying on bikinis as i had a voucher and they had a sale... after that i was a bit sore but feeling much better today. 

Looking forward to wearing a proper bra ?

Im only wearing post op bra at night and stretchy crop during the day.