Light duties after surgery

It took me about 4 days to be able to really do anything, like the dishes or sweeping the floor as an example.  Surgery will leave you feeling prett tired and all i wanted to do was rest/ sleep or watch Netflix, at day 4 i got out of the house and went for a very slow walk to the end of my street and back i felt like i needed a bit of fresh air. Take it one day at a time as every day will be diffrent.

37 minutes ago, pink butterfly said:

I started about day 4 or 5. But I had to do things in small spurts especially as my hubby had gone back to work by then, and I had the kids to look after. Just take things easy and see how you go. Don't push yourself too hard. x

Thanks Pink Butterfly ?

I plan to have the surgery done beginning of school holidays in July (or maybe after Xmas, although I don’t want to wait ALL year). My partner will probably take a few days off work but no longer than that. 

I have 3 kids (youngest is 4 and a mummy’s boy), hence why I need to know when I can resume general duties. ? 

I work as a casual cleaner, so it’ll be interesting to know when I could resume work. 

I plan after surgery to rest, and then rest more, already are recording show getting out those novels I started reading years ago.  Also planning on walking a lot, the key to walking do it in moderation remember you have just come from surgery.  Eat well balanced diet with a lot of protein to aid in recovery.  Drink a lot of water to keep that lovely body in tip top conditions for the days to follow.  Sometimes people coming from surgery get a little depressed stay positive look at yourself in the mirror and say "Oh MY" yes it worth it.  A great time to just set down and talk to that husband or special person in your life.  Good Luck and enjoy.

Huggs and Kisses 

:) (.)(.):)    PBB

10 hours ago, *JD* said:

Thanks Pink Butterfly ?

I plan to have the surgery done beginning of school holidays in July (or maybe after Xmas, although I don’t want to wait ALL year). My partner will probably take a few days off work but no longer than that. 

I have 3 kids (youngest is 4 and a mummy’s boy), hence why I need to know when I can resume general duties. ? 

I work as a casual cleaner, so it’ll be interesting to know when I could resume work. 

I also work as a domestic cleaner. My surgeon wanted me to take off 3 weeks from work. But unfortunately I could not afford to do that. So I took off 2 weeks. The first week back at work I was really tired and sore. But I found the second week back not so bad. I just had to be careful with lifting things. At the time of my BA, my kids were 12, 9 and 7. I had my BA done in the September holidays over 3 years ago and that took the pressure off me to get the kids ready for school etc.

22 hours ago, misstons said:

I walked 10kms the next day ??‍♀️

Not recommended - but I felt fine to do anything tbh. Whilst I wouldn’t do it again because it’s probably not smart - I physically felt okay to do anything as normal. 

Hi i kinda felt like i could go for a 10 k walk as i felt so good and wasn't expectingto feel as good as i did but i didnt go as my hubby probably would have dobed on me to my sergeon ?