Cosmetic Surgeon vs Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgeon vs Plastic Surgeon  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know the difference?

• Yes
    • No
    • Arent they the same thing?

Yes a cosmetic sergeon has only done the required 5 years at medical school and is capable of doing minor sergery procedures like sutures wound dressings ect and a plastic sergeon has completed the extra 4 yrs of training i think in surgery  (general sergery ) to begin with then they choose a specialty eg orthopedics or plastic and reconstructive sergery this is usually called a fellowship,  the rest gets sa bit foggy fir me frim there, brainfog ? but how did i go , i think I'm pretty close.

Plastic surgeon or ENT facial plastic surgeon no one else should be performing complicated functional/ aesthetics surgical procedures without the required training.

look at the cosmetic Institute ( cosmetic evolution) so many botched procedures by unqualified doctors.

cosomos clinic in double bay another clinic that has cosmetic surgeons operating!

Cosmetic surgery is a unique discipline of medicine focused on enhancing appearance through surgical and medical techniques. Cosmetic surgery can be performed on all areas of the head, neck and body. 

Plastic surgery is defined as a surgical specialty dedicated to reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease. 

The difference is obvious, but whoever you choose, do it yourself. I had a choice to go to my friend’s cosmetologist or to find my own. I wanted to get Botox and decided to speak to a beauty consultant about it. I relied on Melinda Farina and regret it a lot now. Her service is overrated.