Six weeks post op and no more compression bra (kinda...)

Hello Ladeez :D Hope y'all having a lovely weekend and that your recovery is going well whatever stage you're currently at... I am now 6 weeks post op - woo hoo!!! AND no more post-op/compression bra 24/7... such a relief. I still have to wear it when running, dancing or at the gym for another 6 weeks until the 3 month mark - but that's fine and dandy coz those bras sure do hold my girls tight and cosy to my chest. Last night I actually slept bra free, felt a bit weird but was ok and I managed not to squish them!

I went for my first post-op run this morning, only 4K, but still a nice run and a beautiful morning for it too, dragged the boyfriend along - he's not much of a runner (except for that competitive wee sprint he does right at the end!!) he's enjoyed the no running rule hahahha and he thought I wouldn't make 4K after a 6 week break - pfft he has not met me clearly!! No problems running, the new girls don't get in the way and because I was wearing my post-op bra they had literally no bounce either.

I got properly fitted at Bras n Things yesterday and I am proudly measuring a 12DD I was a bit surprised tbh as I thought I'd end up a full C, so I was kinda delighted to find I exceeded expectations :p So of course I bought a couple new bras - photo attached so you can see. 

love and hugs to you all :wub: xo

IMAG1582[1].jpg

Ooh nice bra, Its so nice not to have to wear the po bra 24/7 any more and finally put on something a little more sexy hey.

I'm not totally comfortable sleeping bra less still so im wearing a crop top to bed at the moment but my ps said to do what makes me comfortable,  as for the po bra and gym he said i could wear a good supportive sports bra,  that gave me an excuse to go shopping at Lorna Jane ? 

Hey lovely lady you look incredible so glad you are doing so well and your size Oh My! If I calculated this correctly in the US that a 34DDD wow is this correct?  How does your boy friend feel about this?  (Hey Hey)  Is the bra in photo underwired love all the lace?   I realize in your running you wear a sports to hold the girls.  Do you notice when you are wearing a regular bra you do not have the support for those heavy girls.   Again congratulations you look stunning enjoy and tell your boy friend  to also enjoy.

Huggs and Kisses 

( . ) ( . ) PBB 

9 hours ago, PlatinumBlondeBoobs said:

Hey lovely lady you look incredible so glad you are doing so well and your size Oh My! If I calculated this correctly in the US that a 34DDD wow is this correct?  How does your boy friend feel about this?  (Hey Hey)  Is the bra in photo underwired love all the lace?   I realize in your running you wear a sports to hold the girls.  Do you notice when you are wearing a regular bra you do not have the support for those heavy girls.   Again congratulations you look stunning enjoy and tell your boy friend  to also enjoy.

Huggs and Kisses 

( . ) ( . ) PBB 

Hey @PlatinumBlondeBoobs thank you :) I'm not sure of the size in the US. My boyfriend loves them, he's been awesome throughout all of this :D :wub:  The bra is underwired and I am cleared to wear underwire bras and they feel fine and the support is good, they just feel normal and not too heavy. 

How are you going? Recovery going well? xoxo

13 hours ago, Wanting boobs said:

Ooh nice bra, Its so nice not to have to wear the po bra 24/7 any more and finally put on something a little more sexy hey.

I'm not totally comfortable sleeping bra less still so im wearing a crop top to bed at the moment but my ps said to do what makes me comfortable,  as for the po bra and gym he said i could wear a good supportive sports bra,  that gave me an excuse to go shopping at Lorna Jane ? 

it sure is nice to wear sexy bras for a change :):)

I have a Carefix Celia post-op bra... it's not as constricting as the Anna/Alice, more like a supportive crop top - so I will sleep in that some nights - you sure do get used to the night time support! My PS said no sports bra until 3 months - it's interesting how each PS has different advice... I'll have to leave my LJ shopping for another time :p 

• 2 weeks later...

That's interesting as my ps said i would need to buy some supportive sports bras at my 6 wk check,  i find it very interesting that every ps has different po rules. I got a few high support sports bras to teach step ,Meta Fit , go running in from Rockwear, i got a few of the high support zip front bras and they are very supportive and comfy. I do like your lacey bra its very nice on you.

10 hours ago, Wanting boobs said:

That's interesting as my ps said i would need to buy some supportive sports bras at my 6 wk check,  i find it very interesting that every ps has different po rules. I got a few high support sports bras to teach step ,Meta Fit , go running in from Rockwear, i got a few of the high support zip front bras and they are very supportive and comfy. I do like your lacey bra its very nice on you.

Thank you @Wanting boobs and yes they all do have different rules... I'll defs buy a really supportive sports bra for the 3 month mark for my running. I'm fine with underwire too and my PS cleared me to wear either - he just said as long as I always wear a supportive bra when vertical. Are you ok with underwire? I know some PS say no to those too...

Hi love and yes i can start to wear underwire as of now really but I've only been wearing one for about 4-6 hrs as I'm still not feeling 100% comfortable in one, it could also be that im in the wrong size as i think the 12 D I'm wearing is a bit to small as the wire is pressing on the inside of my boob rather than sitting flat against my cleavage,  going to Bra's N Things tomorrow to get properly sized,  hoping for a 12DD like you ???

10 hours ago, Wanting boobs said:

Hi love and yes i can start to wear underwire as of now really but I've only been wearing one for about 4-6 hrs as I'm still not feeling 100% comfortable in one, it could also be that im in the wrong size as i think the 12 D I'm wearing is a bit to small as the wire is pressing on the inside of my boob rather than sitting flat against my cleavage,  going to Bra's N Things tomorrow to get properly sized,  hoping for a 12DD like you ???

ooh awesome... let me know what you measure :D:D xo

@sabP ???? i measured a 12 DD in most bras but the two Tshirt bras i bought today for work are a 12 E so must be a smaller fit, non the less im more than stoked, im going back on Friday to get the other bras i tried on that the very nice girl said she would hold for me. (I got a couple  B nT vouchers for Christmas off the family) 

1 hour ago, Wanting boobs said:

@sabP ???? i measured a 12 DD in most bras but the two Tshirt bras i bought today for work are a 12 E so must be a smaller fit, non the less im more than stoked, im going back on Friday to get the other bras i tried on that the very nice girl said she would hold for me. (I got a couple  B nT vouchers for Christmas off the family) 

Hey @Wanting boobs YAY!!!!! that is awesome and for sure you should be stoked :D:D:D and 12E too!!! Isn't it wonderful and amazing to have awesome boobs?? :):) xo