Anatomicals in a large cc?

Hi All,

I had a consultation with Dr Richard Rahdon in Geelong today.  He seems super confident in getting a good result, so I feel comfortable with his recommendations and the reasoning behind them.

However, he threw me for a bit of a loop when he recommended anatomicals placed under the muscle!  From my research, it seems that he prefers round implants placed subglandular, so this really surprised me and I admit I haven't done a tonne of research into anatomicals, particularly larger-sized anatomicals.

He also explained me to that due to my wide, flat chest (I believe my BWD was 13 or 14... can't remember which), as well as my larger frame (163cms, 85kgs, mostly held in the hips and thighs) I'd need to go a much higher cc than what would be considered a "normal size".  I believe that he was looking at MINIMUM 680cc on the Mentor chart, and had me try on sizers in around 700cc, up to an 800cc! They looked humongous, but I'm obviously aware that we get used to things very quickly (all boobs look huge when you've never really had any before!) and sizers never really depict the final result.  He also seemed pretty confident that I'd be disappointed if I went smaller, and I am more nervous about going too small than going too large.

I'm not afraid of the higher cc numbers, or going big, but I must admit I've never come across many before/after photos of anatomicals in that size before -- most larger cc before and afters I've seen are with round implants, so I'm a littler nervous about what the final shape will be.

Just wondering if any of you had any experience with larger-sized anatomicals, or might be willing to share any photos if you have?  Even ladies who have "normal sized" anatomicals -- what kind of shape has it given you? Has it given you great lower pole fullness (which is really what I'm wanting more than anything) ?

Thanks heaps for any input!

Hey @RubyJadeDiamond there are a couple ladies on here who are the experts and most experienced with bigger implants @misstons and @donatella They can give you the best first hand experience :) 

If you're not sure re anatomicals vs rounds, maybe talk to a couple other PS to get more information/advice.

As for anatomicals & under the muscle (dual plane) in general, I have them, but in a 375cc, so not the size you're thinking of... my PS suggested those as the best for my anatomy. I'm just 6 weeks post-op now and for me they work really well, defs good lower pole fullness and a lovely natural shape and I'm currently measuring a 12DD. Feel free to friend request me and you can see my gallery pics and the progress as the shape and size changes over the weeks post surgery xo

9 minutes ago, sabP said:

Hey @RubyJadeDiamond there are a couple ladies on here who are the experts and most experienced with bigger implants @misstons and @donatella They can give you the best first hand experience :) 

If you're not sure re anatomicals vs rounds, maybe talk to a couple other PS to get more information/advice.

As for anatomicals & under the muscle (dual plane) in general, I have them, but in a 375cc, so not the size you're thinking of... my PS suggested those as the best for my anatomy. I'm just 6 weeks post-op now and for me they work really well, defs good lower pole fullness and a lovely natural shape and I'm currently measuring a 12DD. Feel free to friend request me and you can see my gallery pics and the progress as the shape and size changes over the weeks post surgery xo

Thanks sabP -- it's great to hear you've gotten good lower pole fullness, as I specifically said to him that I wanted really defined creases and roundness.  I've sent you a friend request, as I'd be super interested to see what your results have been like.

I think I'll just have to put my head down and do some more research!

I went with richard and was also a bit confused when anatomicals were suggested as i had read a few times that he prefered rounds , i hadnt even considered them previously 

Did you take pics of what you wNt them to look like?

Trust me those sizers look huge (allthough i didnt try on your size) on and wont be as big as they look in real life 

38 minutes ago, Kismet said:

I went with richard and was also a bit confused when anatomicals were suggested as i had read a few times that he prefered rounds , i hadnt even considered them previously 

Did you take pics of what you wNt them to look like?

Trust me those sizers look huge (allthough i didnt try on your size) on and wont be as big as they look in real life 

Exactly! I think just because he has around 8 or 10 pages of before and afters with rounds and only 1 with anatomicals!

I did have some pics but didn't really get a chance to show him, but I did explain in detail that I wanted a really rounded lower pole with pronounced creases, hopefully some cleavage, and that I'm not too interested in more upper pole fullness.  He also asked me a lot about my work and exercise routine and explained anatomicals under the muscle would fit my body and lifestyle better.  He did ask if I had a cc size in mind and I very conservatively said 450cc (knowing I actually wanted 550 +.. I didn't want him to fall out of his chair), and he immediately said that I'd need a much larger cc to get a good result.

Oh the sizers looked huge! However, I've read so many stories about people being scared by the sizers, going smaller and then regretting it.  I'd hate to do that, and I DID say to him that I'd prefer to be a bit too big than a bit too small.

Did you end up going the anatomicals with Richard? If so, how have they been going for you?

48 minutes ago, Kismet said:

Im not a fan of those sizers at all!!

Yes i did he said it would give me a nicer natural shape (i also had a lift too)

Im happy with mine except could have gone quite a bit larger ☹ 

I wanted a larger more natural shape too, so that's good to hear! And good to hear the sizers didn't just look huge on me :)

What size did you end up going? 

I have 920cc but round - and I can hide them and make them look like I have no titties. These are completly proportionate for my body. 

My friend had 700cc anatomicals for her first surgery, under the muscle. Honestly I Couldn’t even tell she had them done, she told me about 6 months later.

These sizes aren’t super large like some people think. They’re really just an average size implant on most. Not small, not big - just normal.

I’d go with what ever he is recommending for your body. It’s nice to see he is putting forward sizes which will suit your frame instead of offering you baby implants like some surgeons do.

@misstons that's great to know, and good to know your friend got the 700cc anatomicals too and they looked nice and proportionate.  I've been poking around the net and can't seem to find any good before and afters with anatomicals of that size. They're all around 450cc and below. I'll have to keep looking.

I am super happy that he recommended bigger too.  I went in really prepared to sort of plead my case a little, expecting him to automatically choose a much smaller cc, as it seems most PSs are quite conservative.  I guess I was just surprised when he went straight to the 680-700ish range right off the bat! But I think it shows that he listened to what I wanted and took into account my larger proportions.  I think that's probably a sign of a good surgeon.

Anatomicals are very high cohesive implants which are great for forcing shape into the breast  - i.e. if you want a defined crease, this type of implant is an excellent choice.
Dual plane or under the muscle is the best option as it has the lowest chance of rotation.
As for size, 700cc is a big implant but if you were thinking aorund 550cc then 700cc is probably the right amount for the look your after