When did you stop feeling tired?

Hi girls!

I'm now 7 days post op. I'm feeling extremely tired still napping throughout the day and sleeping all night.  My sternum is killing me (so swollen) as is the side of my rib cage.

As for my boobs they are still high and tight but only really hurt if I move suddenly. Walking is hard and they feel heavy even though I have a small size. I went for a walk yesterday and was tired after about 45 minutes. :(

I have to go back to work in 2 days (retail) and need some advice on if there is any way to speed this up!

X

1 hour ago, Melbourne101 said:

Hi girls!

I'm now 7 days post op. I'm feeling extremely tired still napping throughout the day and sleeping all night.  My sternum is killing me (so swollen) as is the side of my rib cage.

As for my boobs they are still high and tight but only really hurt if I move suddenly. Walking is hard and they feel heavy even though I have a small size. I went for a walk yesterday and was tired after about 45 minutes. :(

I have to go back to work in 2 days (retail) and need some advice on if there is any way to speed this up!

X

Hey @Melbourne101 are you still on pain meds? They could be making you sleepy and tired (I'm assuming you might still be on the meds if you're still in a fair bit of pain). There is no real fast way to speed up the process, you need to rest and look after yourself. Keep up the fluids and rest as much as you can over the next two days before you go back to work. Also a 45 minute walk is pretty intense if you're that tired and in pain, maybe try shorter 20 min walks a couple times in the day - morning/evening as it's cooler and you won't get so worn out.

Mine used to feel really heavy too and aren't that big of an implant either, it takes a while for your body and mind to adjust to the new additions to your body.

You'll find that as the days go by you will start to feel better and in less pain, but it does take a while to heal. Take care xo 

I agree - going for a 45 minute walk is really pushing your body too far when it is trying to heal. I know it is difficult but try not to get back to normal too quickly. Any surgery I have had (BA or reproductive etc) it takes me a while to feel human again. You will probably find in a couple of days time with the painkillers leaving your system that your energy will increase. I went back to work at the 2 week mark and I am a domestic cleaner. I found that first week back at work I was really sore and just stuffed! But I found the following week I felt heaps better. Keep up the Panadol until the soreness is manageable. Just be kind to yourself. x

Like the other girls said,  i think you tried a little to much to soon your body has just been through a majour surgery and you need to give your body time to recover,  the heavey feeling for me took a while to get used to and especially at night time i would find it a little  hard to breath, i think it was because my chest and lungs were fatigued from having to work harder to breath with the extra weight on my chest during the day, at about 4 wks the heavey feeling wasn't noticeable as i think i just got used to the weight. It will get better and just remember to take it easy on yourself i didnt go back to work until about the 3 wk mark but i have a pretty physical job that requires me to use my arms a lot. I know for some that they arr unable to take a lot of time off work so if you can ask to be put on light duties for ypur first week back. And as for the walking i started with 20 mins at a slow steady pace around my street's then at the 3 week mark was cleared for light cardio but just the treadmill and bike . Hope this helps ?