Ashtanga yoga and anatomical implants

Has anyone here got anatomical implants under the muscle and happens to do the more strenuous forms of yoga? If so, how long was it before you could start again?

I used to practice Ashtanga yoga 5-6 times and week and it involves many chatarungas... I told my PS and he said 3 months minimum until I can do this again... however I have a feeling he doesn't realize how intense this style of yoga really is. (Most similar for those now familiar is power flow style classes)

I'm super concerned I won't be ever be able to practice again and it's such an important part of my life :( 

I don't do yoga but I am a gym junkie. I found up to 4 months post op I could really feel my chest muscles when I did weights. But I always remained careful and I listened to my body when movements became too uncomfortable. I would say if the PS has stated 3 months post op to start yoga, then you should be fine. But you may not be able to jump right back into doing it for 5 to 6 times a week. Could the yoga teacher modify the movements for you once you start back?

I teach Body Balance 2 x a week and can do most of the poses but the transition from down dog to plank to crocodile to up dog still feels weird and i feel like im not back to my pre BA form or strength just yet, that being said i hav'nt done Ashtanga yoga for a few years now as i just dont get the time but i would say give it 4 months and see how you go as i dont think i would be able to do some of the  chatarungas,  im 12 wpo (3 mpo) on Wednesday. I went back to Balance at 6 wks but took it very easy and made sure i didnt over stretch my chest area. Ps i have 440cc hp anatomical dual plane. 

19 hours ago, Wanting boobs said:

I teach Body Balance 2 x a week and can do most of the poses but the transition from down dog to plank to crocodile to up dog still feels weird and i feel like im not back to my pre BA form or strength just yet, that being said i hav'nt done Ashtanga yoga for a few years now as i just dont get the time but i would say give it 4 months and see how you go as i dont think i would be able to do some of the  chatarungas,  im 12 wpo (3 mpo) on Wednesday. I went back to Balance at 6 wks but took it very easy and made sure i didnt over stretch my chest area. Ps i have 440cc hp anatomical dual plane. 

Thanks so much for this! So so helpful. Do you think maybe I'd be able to start back fully into Ashtanga in 6 months? Obviously easing myself into those chaturangas as there are so many ??

5 hours ago, Wanting boobs said:

I think yes definitely at 6 months you should be able to properly get back into it just take it easy for the first few weeks if you go back at 3-4 months.  Dont know what I'd do without my Yoga or balance i find it keeps me sane?

Haha same! Was freaking myself out thinking I'd never be able to do it again!