Hi everyone,

I have been consulting with a couple of surgeons to decide who I want to have perform my revision rhinoplasty surgery.

I have met with Dr Andrew Greensmith and Dr Sophie Ricketts. Both have excellent reviews, and I know Dr Greensmith has more years of experience, but I am leaning towards Dr Sophie Ricketts as she seemed to be on the same page with me about what the issues are and what needs to happen to fix them. 

The reviews I have read have been great, however there aren’t many. I would really love to hear from anyone who has had surgery with her. 

Thanks in advance! 

1 hour ago, samba said:

Hi everyone,

I have been consulting with a couple of surgeons to decide who I want to have perform my revision rhinoplasty surgery.

I have met with Dr Andrew Greensmith and Dr Sophie Ricketts. Both have excellent reviews, and I know Dr Greensmith has more years of experience, but I am leaning towards Dr Sophie Ricketts as she seemed to be on the same page with me about what the issues are and what needs to happen to fix them. 

The reviews I have read have been great, however there aren’t many. I would really love to hear from anyone who has had surgery with her. 

Thanks in advance! 

Definitely go with your gut - it is so important to be on the same page with your surgeon and also feel comfortable with them. I have heard many great things about Dr Sophie Ricketts including from her collegues.
Good luck and please keep us updated with how you go

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

just thought I’d update this thread. 

Because I needed a revision rhinoplasty and had such a bad experience with my first surgery, I met with Dr Sophie Ricketts again for a second consultation just to go over everything and ask a few more questions that I didn’t have time for in our first consult. 

During this second consult she told me that it would not be possible for her to correct my deviated tip by bringing it back to the centre and told me she perhaps wasn’t the right surgeon for me. I asked if this was because of her abilities or because of my nose and she was adamant that it was my nose. 

I didn’t want to have a surgery that I would be disappointed with, so I met with Dr Andrew Greensmith again who assured me he could make the correction. 

My surgery was 9 days ago, and today I had my cast removed. There is still some swelling but I can see he has done an amazing job on my very complex nose. 

My uneven nostrils have been made a lot more symmetrical. My deviated tip is centred. My profile is straight. I feel like my tip looks big, but I’m hoping it will become smaller once the swelling goes down. 

I will post a proper review of my surgery in another thread. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2018 at 5:33 PM, samba said:

Hi all,

just thought I’d update this thread. 

Because I needed a revision rhinoplasty and had such a bad experience with my first surgery, I met with Dr Sophie Ricketts again for a second consultation just to go over everything and ask a few more questions that I didn’t have time for in our first consult. 

During this second consult she told me that it would not be possible for her to correct my deviated tip by bringing it back to the centre and told me she perhaps wasn’t the right surgeon for me. I asked if this was because of her abilities or because of my nose and she was adamant that it was my nose. 

I didn’t want to have a surgery that I would be disappointed with, so I met with Dr Andrew Greensmith again who assured me he could make the correction. 

My surgery was 9 days ago, and today I had my cast removed. There is still some swelling but I can see he has done an amazing job on my very complex nose. 

My uneven nostrils have been made a lot more symmetrical. My deviated tip is centred. My profile is straight. I feel like my tip looks big, but I’m hoping it will become smaller once the swelling goes down. 

I will post a proper review of my surgery in another thread. 

She was honest and made the right choice!  Keep us updated on your post-op  I myself am highly interested in Dr green smith !