ADVICE PLEASE!!!! Ashton or Rubenstein or any others?? So confused

Hi ladies, sorry me again. The closer I get to when Im supposed to be booking in surgery and the more I research the more confused I become. I would like to go to Sydney but having young children it would probably be best I stay in Melb. Think it may be between Ashton and Rubenstein. Any ladies that have gone to either or are due to please share. (Or any other recommendations)  I’m so unsure making this huge decision. I absolutely love the look of dr m and T and their before and after pics and don’t think much of anyone’s in Melbourne.. ? are they not as good or is it just the pics?? Just want the very best surgeon in Melbourne but don’t know who that is.. Having boobs and tummy done. Would greatly appreciate any advice ??

20 hours ago, AjRj❤️ said:

Hi ladies, sorry me again. The closer I get to when Im supposed to be booking in surgery and the more I research the more confused I become. I would like to go to Sydney but having young children it would probably be best I stay in Melb. Think it may be between Ashton and Rubenstein. Any ladies that have gone to either or are due to please share. (Or any other recommendations)  I’m so unsure making this huge decision. I absolutely love the look of dr m and T and their before and after pics and don’t think much of anyone’s in Melbourne.. ? are they not as good or is it just the pics?? Just want the very best surgeon in Melbourne but don’t know who that is.. Having boobs and tummy done. Would greatly appreciate any advice ??

I can highly recommend Mark Ashton - my personal experience with him has been amazing.
I would personally go with him. An immediate family member had breast surgery with Craig and she was not happy with her results. This was a few years ago.

If money was no issue, id pack up the family and head up to Sydney for Dr Tavakoli, his results are out of this world and I know he takes great pride in producing the best work

Thanks TheFox! Such a hard decision! I’d love to see Dr T!!! I think the fact he does the surgeries in two stages is the deal breaker.. makes it so much harder. 

Is Mark Ashton your choice out of the two I suggested or would you choose him out of everyone if you had to have surgery in Melb? 

What issue did your family member have? I have found some ladies that weren’t happy with boobs sitting too high ?

Just now, AjRj❤️ said:

Thanks TheFox! Such a hard decision! I’d love to see Dr T!!! I think the fact he does the surgeries in two stages is the deal breaker.. makes it so much harder. 

Is Mark Ashton your choice out of the two I suggested or would you choose him out of everyone if you had to have surgery in Melb? 

What issue did your family member have? I have found some ladies that weren’t happy with boobs sitting too high ?

Exactly that, her boobs never dropped and she has her scars really low on her body, they sit well under the crease, so are visible in a bikini and bra.

Mark would be my choice in Melbourne for sure, but that is only because I have experience with him. There are many great surgeons here, and I could recommend heaps to you based on the fact that they are super nice, but I havent seen there work as much as Mark.

I do have a friend who i getting an extended tummy tuck with Dr Howard Webster, she was recommended by another friend who had the same procedure and she was very happy. But she hasnt had surgery yet, but it might be worth looking into.
He has quite an extensive video library, if you look up his profile on here, you will be able to access them.

But in short, to answer your question, I would choose Mark over Craig in a heartbeat, but Craig is still a really lovely guy.

So I’m booked in for consults with Ashton and Webster. Mark had only about a 25 day wait and couldn’t get into Webster until July so booked in but also on a cancellation list.. wonder if it’s because he’s really good or because he offers free consults on another plastic surgery site lol Have you heard much about Greensmith and Mansoor? Would you recommend them? I had read so much about them in the past but now when search them only one post for each comes up. Thanks TheFox :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey AjRj, 

I am a doctor (GP) and for my BA I did not consider Dr Rubinstein to be the best choice for me. However, I have a patient who saw him for a BA about 8 years ago I think and she couldn't be happier with her results. 

Personally I went to Prof Ashton for my BA which was only last week - too early to tell about results but I felt extremely confident in his skills, and like we had the same result in mind. Unfortunately due to some hormone injections I was having for egg freezing my boobs were a lot bigger than usual and so my result is likely to be delayed until the op has settled and the hormones have settled, so that's a bit of a spanner in the works but totally my own fault with planning these things! What it means for me is it's hard to know whether we have gone for the right size for my body until both the swelling and the hormones have settled, so I can't say we nailed it just yet, however I'm about 95% confident ;) I've found communication with his rooms and nursing staff to be straightforward and caring, and post op instructions are very conservative (eg rest for longer, no gym for longer, etc) compared to what I've read, but as a doctor I know this is for the best. He is expensive, but as in life, you get what you pay for.

I have sent a patient to Howard Webster some time last year and she had a mastopexy. She's thrilled with results and her boobs look absolutely fantastic. He was on my shortlist but I didn't want to deal with the wait list, too impatient!!

That's my take - hope it helps. :)