Drop and Fluff for Anatomicals

I'm staring to panic! Calling all girls out there with anatomicals to help me out

i am now 1 month post op. I have severe back and neck pain which is affecting the way I walk. My implants feel incredibly stiff underneath my skin and when I walk too fast it's uncomfortable. I'm wearing a compression post surgical bra practically 24/7.  

From the front the shape of my boobs looks quite good. However I was told my nipple placement would lift with anatomicals and that was a big reason why I chose them. My nipple position has yet to change.  Side profile is still pretty bad. Very rounded on the top with nipples slightly pointing down.  There is no natural movement to my breasts at all and they feel stuck on :(

how long has it taken you girls to feel normal and have some softness, dropping and fluffing happen with this style of implant.

i wasn't prepared for this and I'm exhausted 

X

3 minutes ago, Melbourne101 said:

I'm staring to panic! Calling all girls out there with anatomicals to help me out

i am now 1 month post op. I have severe back and neck pain which is affecting the way I walk. My implants feel incredibly stiff underneath my skin and when I walk too fast it's uncomfortable. I'm wearing a compression post surgical bra practically 24/7.  

From the front the shape of my boobs looks quite good. However I was told my nipple placement would lift with anatomicals and that was a big reason why I chose them. My nipple position has yet to change.  Side profile is still pretty bad. Very rounded on the top with nipples slightly pointing down.  There is no natural movement to my breasts at all and they feel stuck on

how long has it taken you girls to feel normal and have some softness, dropping and fluffing happen with this style of implant.

i wasn't prepared for this and I'm exhausted 

X

Hey @Melbourne101 what size and type of anatomical did you get? One month is still early, but you shouldn't be in severe pain at this stage. Have you seen your PS for a follow up appointment? Can you call them for advice? I wore my compression bra 24/7 for the first 6 weeks. I remember at 4 weeks my boobs still felt really firm and sore and my nipples hurt. I'm 9 1/2 weeks post-op now and it's so different, they are softer (still a bit firm, but definitely softening), no pain or discomfort at all (unless I accidentally squish them at night!!) I'm back to running and all normal activities. Anatomicals do take longer to drop and fluff and can take a few months up to a year.

As for the nipple position my PS told me at my 6 week appt that they will move more into a central upward position - I got my anatomicals for the same reason, nipple position and also not much breast tissue. He also said I had more dropping to do over the next few weeks/months. However, they are looking and feeling awesome.

Hang in there, your boobs will continue to change over the next few weeks and it just keeps getting better. But for sure check out why you are in pain - maybe try some Voltarin or Nurofen and some gentle stretches or physio/massage (in a massage chair). xo

I have anatomicals too. At 4 weeks post op you would still have swelling and the body is still healing. My surgeon told me at 4 months post op that I still had some swelling even though I couldn't see it myself then. Re back and neck pain, it could be from subconsciously hunching over. Also you may still not be sleeping in your natural sleep position. So your muscles are probably quite tight. Also are you doing too much? With my BA surgery + my endometrial surgeries, I always found it took time for me to feel like myself. By the 3rd to 4th month mark, my energy levels were back to normal. The body takes time from surgery. Some people heal more quickly than others. But my advice would be to listen to your body and perhaps get a licensed massage therapist to help with your neck and back tension.

I too have anatomicals and i can tell you at 1 mpo my implants felt high, tight and like bolt on's, you will still have quite a bit of swelling still at my 6 wkpo ckeck my ps said i was still swollen and still had some residual bruising which i couldn't see but he could, anatomicals take a lot longer to D&F and get soft than other implants. I'm only just starting to see some big changes in my D&F now at 13 wpo and they only just started to soften up at about 10 -12 wpo but they are still quite firm not jiggly like natural boobs I'm told that takes about a good 12 months.  I'm prett sure we are friends so if you look at my pics you will see a good change in shape from 1 mpo to the 3 mpo.

Someone told me think of anatomicals as a marathon not a sprint i know its hard it has been for me to but trust the process. 

Thanks everyone for reassuring me. Today I feel a little better back pain wise but still have to take Voltarin and a Valium at night.

i was hunching a lot for the first 2 weeks as I was scared of ruining internal stitches or something. Trying to stand pretty straight now but walking is difficult as I become more aware of how rock hard they feel when they slightly move on my chest with larger movements - of that makes sense?  It kinda hurts a little and sometimes I put a hand over the middle of my chest to hold them down and stop any kind of movement.

@sabP my implants are small 320 HP so I thought it would be an easier journey for me :(

• 1 month later...

Hi girls,

A quick update date that at 8 weeks PO my implants have softened only slightly. Mainly at the top and at my cleavage area. The rest of my breast still feels quite tender.

My back and neck pain is slowly going away and my energy levels are slowly coming back.

I am still finding bra shopping very hard as the bottom of my implants are too stiff to squash into an underwire bra. At night I sleepy on my back with no bra. Side sleeping and tummy sleeping are impossible as it still hurts and I am so freaked out by the idea of rotation!! ?

Aesthetically they look awesome I just wish I felt comfortable and they weren’t so hard feeling.

3 hours ago, Melbourne101 said:

Hi girls,

A quick update date that at 8 weeks PO my implants have softened only slightly. Mainly at the top and at my cleavage area. The rest of my breast still feels quite tender.

My back and neck pain is slowly going away and my energy levels are slowly coming back.

I am still finding bra shopping very hard as the bottom of my implants are too stiff to squash into an underwire bra. At night I sleepy on my back with no bra. Side sleeping and tummy sleeping are impossible as it still hurts and I am so freaked out by the idea of rotation!! ?

Aesthetically they look awesome I just wish I felt comfortable and they weren’t so hard feeling.

Hey @Melbourne101 thanks for the update and good to hear you are feeling a bit better. Maybe avoid underwire bras for a while and stick with wire-free, you can find some pretty ones without wire.

Side sleeping will also improve with time and the discomfort will ease. 

It will take time for them to soften more - I am just over 3 months now and they are firm but more squishy, definitely not hard.

Also good to hear you are getting your energy levels back - it can take longer than we expect. I gently went back to running at 6/7 weeks, slower and shorter distances and it was only today that I fully and comfortably ran my usual 6K without feeling like I was going to collapse from exhaustion half way. I was thinking on my run that whilst I thought I was back on top energy wise I really wasn't.

Day by day it will get better, you've come a long way and it won't be too many more weeks until you feel normal and great and full of energy again xo

6 hours ago, Melbourne101 said:

Hi girls,

The first couple of months can be a bit crap! I found by the 4th month post op that I could do most things. It is just time and patience. You are still healing.

Thanks for the update @Melbourne101 its good to hear you are starting to feel more like yourself, i couldn't really wear underwire bras till about 3 months as my boobs were still quite firm and it was about then that side sleeping became more comfortable too, now at just over 4 mpo it dosn't bother me which way i sleep, laying on my stomach dosn't hurt but still feels strange like im laying on to water balloons ? so i still ask for a pillow when having my massage. My boobs are getting softer by the week and they even have a bit of jiggle when I'm bra less,  my hubby says they jiggle when i wash my hair in the shower and when I'm brushing my teeth so i am proof that they do get softer and @pink butterfly is 3 yrs po i think so hers will be softer still. Its a long process with anatomicals so you just have to play the waiting game.  Feel free to pop over to my albums and take a look at some of my progress pics. ?

Girls, I don't have anatomic, but Arion rotund ones, and I am almost 5 weeks and still hugely incredibly, horribly high, I am starting to really get scared.

I add in here some pics, hope you can tell me if there are also girls woth round implants that, at 5 weeks post BA still have same swollen boobs. I am tired already of the compressive band + compression bra...

Picture 1 - before BA

picture 2&3 - after 2 weeks

Picture 4&5 - after 3 weeks

Picture 6 to 11 - at 4 months

Thanks girls for your answers ?❤️

IMG_20180304_214710.jpg

IMG_20180303_133101.jpg

IMG_20180304_214719.jpg

IMG_20180308_080833.jpg

IMG_20180308_080839.jpg

IMG_20180314_121800.jpg

IMG_20180314_121808.jpg

IMG_20180318_214037.jpg

IMG_20180318_214012.jpg

IMG_20180320_081632.jpg

IMG_20180320_081649.jpg

Hi @esn77 im a bit confused,  are you  5 wpo or 4 mpo( which i think may be  a typo)  as you state different things in your pics but  at the start of your post you say you  are 5 wpo, so if you are actually 5 wpo then yes you will still be quite high and possibly have some residual swelling which is quite normal , at 4 wks po in the pic looks quite normal to me for rounds as round implants can have more upoer pole fullness at the beginning  but they can also have a very natural look to them as they start to drop and fluff but it all depends on how your surgeon placed your implants as  to what look you wanted. 

You are only 5 weeks @esn77 and as @Wanting boobs said you have a lot of dropping and fluffing yet to come, it is still very early days. Have you had a check up with your surgeon? Usually you have one at week 2 and week 6, so if you are due for a check up around now discuss your concerns with your surgeon and follow their advice. Try not to worry and panic, it does take a while for them to settle down.

On 3/23/2018 at 3:17 PM, Wanting boobs said:

Hi @esn77 im a bit confused,  are you  5 wpo or 4 mpo( which i think may be  a typo)  as you state different things in your pics but  at the start of your post you say you  are 5 wpo, so if you are actually 5 wpo then yes you will still be quite high and possibly have some residual swelling which is quite normal , at 4 wks po in the pic looks quite normal to me for rounds as round implants can have more upoer pole fullness at the beginning  but they can also have a very natural look to them as they start to drop and fluff but it all depends on how your surgeon placed your implants as  to what look you wanted. 

hi sweety so sorry i confused you :( well, today I am 5 weeks post surgery, had it on February 19. well, the point is that mainly i can see the implants are being apart from my breasts; my natural breast stays down, soft and kind of jelly...just as they were before surgery, while thhe upper part of breast is hard like a rock not at all these two - implants & my breast they dont...melt, they dont come together. they look horrible, nipple pointing down, not at all volume in the lower part of breast...i am so so horrified by the way they look, I am sick of them, i cant look at them, i cant have sex anymore, I feel like i look mutilated which actually i do :( 

On 3/23/2018 at 10:39 PM, LaurenT said:

@esn77 I would be seeing your surgeon. possibly need a band to help push the implants down. In the side on photos, it's not too noticeable. Front on, the upper pole and nipple position are noticeable. Do you do a lot of chest exercises? 

baby, i wear the band since beginning of last week and no, i never had too much sports :(

On 3/23/2018 at 3:17 PM, Wanting boobs said:

hi sweety yes, pictures uploaded stupidly, i arranged them in a different way. so sorry, I try now to clarify :) picture 2 is the one before- it is obvious :) first one is taken when i was 2 weeks after surgery and the rest are from week 3...then week 4. I will upload later pictures from todday, when I am exactly 5 weeks after surgery (19 february was the surgery)

Hey @esn77 the upper part with the implant will soften, it does take time and you do have to be patient. Have you friend requested any of us? If you friend request me, you will see my photos over time and how much they change with time. At first they can look and feel quite alien and frightening if you did not know what to expect, but they do change every week and get softer and more natural. Check my gallery pics and you will see the changes. I am 3 and a half months post-op and they are so different now to when I was 5 weeks like you are now... please don't despair, we will listen to you and support you and be there for you at this difficult time.

My implants seem to be dropping a fair bit. On one side my boob has dropped over the crease if that makes sense... the other hasn’t :/

i still feel at times like I have rocks attached to my chest. They are hard to the touch. However looking at them you’d think they would be normal squishy boobs.

I am almost 10 weeks out and honestly hoping this weird rock feeling goes away and that they start to feel lighter and more like real boobs ?

12 hours ago, Melbourne101 said:

My implants seem to be dropping a fair bit. On one side my boob has dropped over the crease if that makes sense... the other hasn’t :/

i still feel at times like I have rocks attached to my chest. They are hard to the touch. However looking at them you’d think they would be normal squishy boobs.

I am almost 10 weeks out and honestly hoping this weird rock feeling goes away and that they start to feel lighter and more like real boobs ?

Hey @Melbourne101 I guess an important thing I was told early on is that our boobs are sisters and not twins and may not be identical. They may drop and fluff at a different rates too which can be a bit alarming if one suddenly drops more than the other, usually the other one catches up - but may not be exactly the same. Can you post pics here or in your gallery? 

10 weeks is still early days sorry to say and it will take some time for them to feel softer. The weird rock feeling does go away, mine don't feel like that any more (I'm nearly at the 4 month mark) but they are still quite firm, but squishier if that makes sense.

36 minutes ago, Melbourne101 said:

Thanks so much @sabP

I’m updating my album now! Weird rock feeling has calmed down slightly over the last few days.

I’m also a bit scared as they feel a little sore still and when I hug people I feel it especially.

Hey hun - that's totes normal to be a little bit sore and feel a bit odd hugging people - it too shall improve in time. Glad the rock feeling is calming down :):)

Hi @Melbourne101 like sabP said it will all settle down soon my boobs still felt quite firm at 10 wks and they dropped at diffrent rates and are only just looking like they are evening out now. Yes it will feel strange hugging people and putting pressure on your chest i found it weird also and was not really comfortable laying on my stomach until about 12 to 14 wks and it still feels a bit strange even now but nit painful. My boobs are getting softer by the week so do try to be patient