Sleeping upright???

Ok so I’ve been researching and a lot of people have different opinions on this topic. I am one week post op and keep finding myself waking up comfortable flat on my back but correct myself to an upright position. My surgeon said 2 weeks up right which would mean I have another week of this extremely uncomfortable position. 

How long did you all sleep upright? 

I only slept elevated with an extra pillow and a tri pillow for my first night post-op, but after this I was able to sleep on my back also. I think if you are comfortable and not experiencing any pain then you should be fine to sleep on your back. Your surgeon is probably just trying to cover their bases. If you are worried about rolling onto your side or stomach, a tri pillow could help. Personally I think a restful night's sleep is much more beneficial than forcing yourself to sleep upright and being uncomfortable. 

Best of luck with your recovery xx

My PS told me two weeks upright as well I had a "wedge" pillow that kept me at a 45 degree angle - after about one and a half weeks I slept more on my back with a couple of pillows and by two weeks flat on my back, then slowly on my side which was uncomfortable at first, then got easier. 

If you are comfortable on your back and getting a good sleep then stick with it :) 

My ps reccomended only 1 week sleeping up right so on day 6 i was sleeping flat on my back, it did however take a good 8 weeks before i felt comfortable sleeping on my side,  but like tye others have said if you can stick it out for another 3 days youshould be fine to sleep flat, the sleeping upright thing is only to help with the swelling so if your not to sore or swollen when you wake up you should be fine on your back.

Hey Love my PS also said 1 week sleeping in the recliner however Now in the bed I have noticed in the last week waking up I was on my side so far I haven't had any trouble.   I have had just a little stiffness in my neck, shoulders and lower back earlier but now all is well. Hang in there it going to get better.

Hugs & Kisses

(   .   )(   .   )   PBB