Sore underarms!

10 days post op 

I'm really getting used to the feeling of my new boobs but my underarms are killing me. They are so sore to touch and at this point in time I still can't lift them to wash or tie my own hair up. I'm assuming it's because my surgery was under the muscle its the latissimus dorsi muscle that is feeling tender. Is it time that will heal the tenderness or can I do something to speed it along? 

1 hour ago, Caitlyn said:

10 days post op 

I'm really getting used to the feeling of my new boobs but my underarms are killing me. They are so sore to touch and at this point in time I still can't lift them to wash or tie my own hair up. I'm assuming it's because my surgery was under the muscle its the latissimus dorsi muscle that is feeling tender. Is it time that will heal the tenderness or can I do something to speed it along? 

Hi @Caitlyn that's normal. My PS said not to lift my arms up over my head for the first two weeks. I also have dual-plane under the muscle implants. The first week I had a girlfriend come over and help me wash my hair or you can ask your partner if you have one or make an appointment at the hairdresser for a wash and blow dry, will make you feel nice too :) By the middle of the second week I could wash my hair, but by bending my head, not by lifting my arms. It was a bit awkward, but made me feel a bit more independent. Took ages to do my hair up, I just braided it for the first couple of weeks. 

It is definitely time that will heal - there is not much you can do to speed it along. You are still very early days and need to be gentle and patient with yourself xo

1 hour ago, sabP said:

Hi @Caitlyn that's normal. My PS said not to lift my arms up over my head for the first two weeks. I also have dual-plane under the muscle implants. The first week I had a girlfriend come over and help me wash my hair or you can ask your partner if you have one or make an appointment at the hairdresser for a wash and blow dry, will make you feel nice too By the middle of the second week I could wash my hair, but by bending my head, not by lifting my arms. It was a bit awkward, but made me feel a bit more independent. Took ages to do my hair up, I just braided it for the first couple of weeks. 

It is definitely time that will heal - there is not much you can do to speed it along. You are still very early days and need to be gentle and patient with yourself xo

I awkwardly washed my hair tonight by bending my head downwards