How long after op did you go home?

I went home at about lunch time. I had the surgery about 7am from memory. I woke up fully dressed in a reclining chair. The nurse was urging me to drink a cup of tea and some biscuits. So I didn't need to bring snacks. I wasn't hungry after surgery but I did have the tea/bikkies to help with the sugar levels after fasting for the op. All the best for your op tomorrow! x

3 hours ago, Girl1999 said:

I'm in for my op tommorow!  Scared!  How long after the operation did you get to go home?  Just packing a bag, not sure what to pack really.  Did people bring snacks with them?  

3 hours ago, Girl1999 said:

I'm in for my op tommorow!  Scared!  How long after the operation did you get to go home?  Just packing a bag, not sure what to pack really.  Did people bring snacks with them?  

I got admitted at 7am, was in the pre op room until 8am was out of hospital around 10am. I didn’t take any snacks but they gave me a juice and lollipop when I woke up. 

Just now, Caitlyn said:

I got admitted at 7am, was in the pre op room until 8am was out of hospital around 10am. I didn’t take any snacks but they gave me a juice and lollipop when I woke up. 

I woke up in a bed, the nurse gave me a mirror to see my breasts then dressed me in bra and clothes and moved me to the recliner. That’s when they went and got my Mum to come and see me and ran through medication times with her and after care