Struggling to Stay Positive

Hey Guys,

I had my BA on Wednesday and my PS put in 755cc anatomicals under the muscle, which I'm stoked about.

I was feeling pretty great on the day of my surgery, but yesterday was a nightmare. I was in so much pain I could barely move or put even the slightest pressure on my arms or chest. The pain medication did virtually nothing to help. Today is a little bit better, but I still feel pretty incapacitated and can barely get up to go to the loo.

The implants are riding so high and extremely tight, and seem jammed right into my armpits and basically up to my collarbone. It's making me feel quite depressed to not be able to do anything and also look like absolute *****. I'm already thinking about how I'm going to disguise the crazy shape when I go back to work next week.

It's funny how you can read up so much about what the surgery will be like, how the implants will look and how the pain will be, but when it's your turn you still have the same reaction to it. 

Just wondering if you guys who have already come through this could lend me some positive words about how you got through this stage? I'm feeling quite upset today.

What medication did he prescribe? You can always goto your GP, get something stronger if it isn’t working. 

I got depressed as during the first month of being post op. I think it’s natural. You’ve basically just traumatised your body and have this big forgein object inside of you.

You got a larger implant than most for your first surgery, so they’re probably going to be pretty ugly and non boob like for a few months. 

Time is what’s needed. Unfortunately there’s nothing you can do to speed up the process. 

I’ve been to my GP both times for stronger drugs - I didn’t necessarily need it for the pain but at least it knocks you out completely.

46 minutes ago, RubyJadeDiamond said:

Hey Guys,

I had my BA on Wednesday and my PS put in 755cc anatomicals under the muscle, which I'm stoked about.

I was feeling pretty great on the day of my surgery, but yesterday was a nightmare. I was in so much pain I could barely move or put even the slightest pressure on my arms or chest. The pain medication did virtually nothing to help. Today is a little bit better, but I still feel pretty incapacitated and can barely get up to go to the loo.

The implants are riding so high and extremely tight, and seem jammed right into my armpits and basically up to my collarbone. It's making me feel quite depressed to not be able to do anything and also look like absolute *****. I'm already thinking about how I'm going to disguise the crazy shape when I go back to work next week.

It's funny how you can read up so much about what the surgery will be like, how the implants will look and how the pain will be, but when it's your turn you still have the same reaction to it. 

Just wondering if you guys who have already come through this could lend me some positive words about how you got through this stage? I'm feeling quite upset today.

Hey hun... what you're feeling is perfectly normal, you've just had major surgery and as @misstons said it's trauma to your body and your body adjusting to foreign objects. You have gone quite big for a first augmentation and good on you for being brave and going for what you want. But it will be tough for a while and you need to rest and treat yourself gently and with kindness. This is a physical and emotional upheaval and will take time for you to adjust. If the meds aren't helping call your surgeon's office or see your GP and see if there is anything stronger they can prescribe. Are you icing your new girls? That can help with the swelling and bruising.

You are only two days post-op and you have a long journey ahead of you, if you can get your head around that it will make it easier for you. It will take a while until you feel more on top of things and you need to adjust your expectations, treat yourself like a delicate invalid for a while. Relax, nap when you can, eat good food, read a book/magazine and binge Netflix.

What type of work do you do? Are you able to take more time off? You may find a couple of weeks better than trying to head back to work too soon. 

Things do change day by day and week by week and you have this forum to vent and ask for support and we are here for you. Take care xo

I'm now on day 4 post op and had a terrible day yesterday. Lots of pain and regret, tears etc.  I'm messaging with someone who is a few weeks ahead of me and it really helps.  I woke up feeling more positive today.  Another woman said she 'hit the wall' day 3/4 too.  I think it must just be normal for us to go through this?  

It does get better. We all go through this stage. I wanted them removed. ? I swore black and blue it was the death of me getting these silicone melons and was ready to go to emergency to have them removed. ??? So glad I didn't though.?? Because it does get better and I'm loving my silicon melons now. 2years po.?????. 

We're all hear listening (reading) to your thoughts and feelings. Keep writing and remember BIG BOOBIES!

Your job is to rest, sleep and heal..............and the biggest one - be kind to yourself. If you are in that much pain, I would be contacting your surgeon to review the pain meds you are on. The first week is tough especially if your body doesn't handle anaesthetic very well. Just take things slowly and don't put much expectation on yourself. Next week you will be in a different place emotionally and physically. x

The first week is the hardest as there are a lot of ajustments to go through and like all the others have said it will get better, it's like the old saying time heals all wounds and not just the wounds of the heart and soul but physically too,  be kind to yourself and rest as much as you can and please talk to your surgeon or gp if the pain is getting on top of you , i also found that just giong out side to sit in the fresh air on my back patio with a cup of tea and a good book really dose wonders for your sanity.

On 23/02/2018 at 10:13 AM, RubyJadeDiamond said:

Hey Guys,

I had my surgery on the 5th of feb and what your feeling is totally normally I had lots of pain under my arms and could hardly reach at all! Day 2-4 for me was super hard but by day 5 I started to feel normal again. Just give it time, I know at the moment it feels like you can’t even imagine getting better but trust me one day you will wake up and feel a whole lot better. Hang in there it’s early days xx 

Hey all,

Thanks so much for your encouraging words -- they really helped me through.  I'm at the end of day 4 now and I think I've turned a corner. I'm still incredibly hard and tight, and the pain is still there, but it's manageable. I was able to get up and have a shower by myself, which made me feel so much more human. I've only had Panadol today and I'm saving the stronger stuff I have left for night time.

My chest still looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger's in Pumping Iron on a small chubby girl's body, but I feel like some of the swelling at the top is going down. Or at least not as painful anymore.

Thanks all. We'll see what happens over the next few days and weeks ??

1 hour ago, RubyJadeDiamond said:

Hey all,

Thanks so much for your encouraging words -- they really helped me through.  I'm at the end of day 4 now and I think I've turned a corner. I'm still incredibly hard and tight, and the pain is still there, but it's manageable. I was able to get up and have a shower by myself, which made me feel so much more human. I've only had Panadol today and I'm saving the stronger stuff I have left for night time.

My chest still looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger's in Pumping Iron on a small chubby girl's body, but I feel like some of the swelling at the top is going down. Or at least not as painful anymore.

Glad you are feeling better keep us posted through your recovery ?

1 hour ago, RubyJadeDiamond said:

Hey all,

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better :):) that's really good news and it'll keep getting better hereon in :) AND I love your Arnie comparison....hilarious!!!  :lol: