Back sleeping

I’m 3.5 week Po and I’m still sleeping flat on my back. I’m normally a side sleeper so this is the most uncomfortable position for me. My back is aching I read my post op information booklet and can’t find anything on sleeping positions after a certain time. When can I roll on my side I’m scared of squashing my implants to a funny shape or messing up the scar tissue forming in the pocket idk 

4 hours ago, cm29 said:

I’m 3.5 week Po and I’m still sleeping flat on my back. I’m normally a side sleeper so this is the most uncomfortable position for me. My back is aching I read my post op information booklet and can’t find anything on sleeping positions after a certain time. When can I roll on my side I’m scared of squashing my implants to a funny shape or messing up the scar tissue forming in the pocket idk 

Hey @cm29 my PS said back/upright sleeping for two weeks. I hated it as I am a side sleeper too. Around 2.5 weeks I gently turned to my side and found it a bit painful. By the end of the third week I was able to sleep on my side but not all night, it would hurt at first then they seemed to settle into position and felt fine. Got a bit annoying as I tend to turn from side to side before I actually fall asleep. I found day by day and week by week it got easier - they would initially feel a bit tender/heavy at first then ease up. I am now 10.5 weeks and totally comfortable sleeping on either side.

They won't end up a funny shape - just try it for a while and see how you feel

You should be fine now being a bit further along with your healing. Maybe have another pillow beside you and have it lengthways so that you can be a bit more supported as you sleep on your side. When I was pregnant with my kids, I always slept with a pillow slightly tucked under my tummy which I found comfortable while I laid on my side. I still sleep like that and my youngest is nearly 11 years old! :D