Ok so I'm 10.5 wks post op....

At 6wks my PS said yes to exercise just nothing extreme, and probably stay away from lifting weights etc.

I'm doing bootcamp on Sat for the first time.  I'm not sure on a anumber of exercises, push ups should be ok right??

I've already said I'm not doing box jumps or skipping but things like dips or burpees I'm not sure on. I'll be wearing a supportive sports bra....

Thoughts??

31 minutes ago, rock#3 said:

At 6wks my PS said yes to exercise just nothing extreme, and probably stay away from lifting weights etc.

I'm doing bootcamp on Sat for the first time.  I'm not sure on a anumber of exercises, push ups should be ok right??

I've already said I'm not doing box jumps or skipping but things like dips or burpees I'm not sure on. I'll be wearing a supportive sports bra....

Thoughts??

Hey @rock#3 I'm 10.5 weeks too :) I returned to running at the 6 week mark and it's been going great and I'm back to my usual distance and pace now. I haven't tried weights yet, still a bit nervous about that - especially push ups and things that will engage my pecs. I believe @pink butterfly would have some good advice on return to exercise as her surgeon gave her a detailed plan. xo

I would double bra it for the boot camp. My surgeon said if I were to jog, that I should wear 2 sports bras for support. I am assuming for the Bootcamp being a first timer that you will have to fill out a form that would include health issues or any recent ops? I would discreetly tell the trainer at the Bootcamp you have had surgery so that they can modify the exercises for you. The last thing you need is to hurt yourself in your chest area. Re burpees, perhaps do the modified version rather than the normal way. Push ups would be similar to burpees so either do a modified version or see how you go on the day. You may find you feel your implants and pecs which does feel a bit weird as you do the exercises. Just to listen to your body and make sure your form is on point so that you don't hurt yourself.

I'm an Aerobic instructor and teach a few different style classes, like Pump Balance,  meta fit and meta power ect, i can only now(about a week ago ) just do a proper pushup on my knees and only about 6 or 7 dosn't hurt but still feels a little strange,   i hav'nt done any dips as yet as my ps said to try not to specifically engage my upper pec muscles (like doing dips) and yesi I'm contradicting myself as we do do dips and chest work in Pump but i only do the top half range for dips and use a very light weight for chest plus i do not train my chest at all in the gym any more as he said that over a period of time as the chest muscles rebuild they can push my implants towards my armpits,  but i have Anatomicals so it may be different for rounds, that being said i also run and like Pink butterfly i double bra for extra support as long as the girls are well supported then skipping should be fine at 10 wpo but best rule of thumb if it dosnt feel right stop. Good luck wirh your boot camp bet you can't wait to get back to it.

Ok so I did bootcamp...hubby was the PT so well aware of the surgery ?.

I stayed away from anything that involved jumping... I did push ups but didn't do too many as it felt odd. I did dips but kept my arms in really close. I did lots of legs exercises instead of the other ones....my God couldn't walk the next day but had to keep the boobies protected...and damn they looked good in a sportsbra ?...

On 2/28/2018 at 3:50 PM, pink butterfly said:

I would double bra it for the boot camp. My surgeon said if I were to jog, that I should wear 2 sports bras for support. I am assuming for the Bootcamp being a first timer that you will have to fill out a form that would include health issues or any recent ops? I would discreetly tell the trainer at the Bootcamp you have had surgery so that they can modify the exercises for you. The last thing you need is to hurt yourself in your chest area. Re burpees, perhaps do the modified version rather than the normal way. Push ups would be similar to burpees so either do a modified version or see how you go on the day. You may find you feel your implants and pecs which does feel a bit weird as you do the exercises. Just to listen to your body and make sure your form is on point so that you don't hurt yourself.

Hi, I'm 2 weeks po and carefully doing some lower body workouts at the weekend.  I used to do quick plank workouts during the week.  Do you reckon straight forearm planks are too much at this stage?  Even holding a plank for a few minutes a day makes a difference.  Just feeling out of shape right now. 

2 hours ago, Girl1999 said:

Hi, I'm 2 weeks po and carefully doing some lower body workouts at the weekend.  I used to do quick plank workouts during the week.  Do you reckon straight forearm planks are too much at this stage?  Even holding a plank for a few minutes a day makes a difference.  Just feeling out of shape right now. 

Hey @Girl1999 - way too soon for planks or any chest/upper body work. Please contact your surgeon and ask their advice as to when you can return to this type of exercise.

I understand your feeling out of shape, I had that too and I am only getting back in top form now and I am 3 monhts post-op. You paid a lot of money for your BA and you need to allow yourself to heal, even if it means you are not as "in shape" as your prefer. You have to be patient and you need to remember that you will get back in shape and you need to rest and recuperate for a while and that is the most important thing.

Hi @Girl1999 i agree with @sabP it is definitely to early for planks as you use a lot of your upper body and chest muscles plus you wont have healed properly internally yet and could risk displacing your implants if your chest muscles contract to hard. Like SabP said you paid a lot of money to get the boobs you want so i would definitely check with your surgeon befor attempting any upper body workouts,  also elevating your heart rate to much to soon could increase your risk of a hematoma  ( a blood clot or internal bleeding) which would require surgery to fix. I apologize and dont mean to scare you but just want to make you awaer of the possible complications. At two wks po i was doing lots of walking, bike riding a little lower body ( Body weight) work outs and hip bridges which will also engage your core without using your upper body and balancing on those big Fit balls will engage your core also. Sit upright abs braced and lift one leg off the floor and hold for 15 seconds repet on the other side x 3. 

21 hours ago, Girl1999 said:

I agree - way too early. I would just walk and then in a couple of weeks time gently start the upper body routine, But check with your surgeon first if it's okay. I find it hard to not exercise after any surgery I have had but I also don't want to hurt myself. Let your body heal first. x

21 hours ago, Girl1999 said:

Thanks guys, just want to get my toned body back!  Will carry on gentle lower body and walking.  Finding hip bridges good too.  I want to get a resistance band so I can do the squat walk thing.

The Michelle Bridges booty bands from Big W are good i have a set and use them often and a good price to. ?

On 28/02/2018 at 11:18 AM, rock#3 said:

Thoughts??

I read somewhere definitely no push ups for at least a year and someone else said forever if you can avoid it. 

Especially if you have under the muscle it is more likely to push them out of place and create a larger gap. 

On 10/03/2018 at 4:40 AM, Girl1999 said:

Thanks guys, just want to get my toned body back!  Will carry on gentle lower body and walking.  Finding hip bridges good too.  I want to get a resistance band so I can do the squat walk thing.

Resistance booty bands are fabulous I’ve gone back to training starting with light cardio machines and resistance band exercises

8 hours ago, sabP said:

do any of you use the rowing machine? is that ok for anatomicals under the muscle? or not? 

gonna go buy some booty bands - love the name

Yes babe i use the rowing machine, started usung it at about 10 weeks po but turned the resistance down so i didnt put to much tension on my upper body and the fact that i had lost some fitness and upper body strength ?? but back to normal resistance now. I dont do Dips, propper push ups or chin ups any more or chest workouts (only when i teach pump) but im fine with that. 

On 12/03/2018 at 6:35 PM, cm29 said:

I read somewhere definitely no push ups for at least a year and someone else said forever if you can avoid it. 

The topic of chest work after a BA can be a tricky one as every PS has a different set of rules, mine said it was ok to to push ups on my knees but no dips, chin ups ore heavey chest workouts,  he also knows that i do need to do some light chest work as i teach 3 Pump classes a week. I always say when in doubt ask your sergeon as they will be able to give you the best advice for you as they know how they placed your implants. But yes i too have heard of no push ups ever,  as the chest muscle contracts it pulls the implant outward towards your armpits thus increasing the cleavage gap over a period of time.  ?

12 hours ago, Wanting boobs said:

Yes babe i use the rowing machine, started usung it at about 10 weeks po but turned the resistance down so i didnt put to much tension on my upper body and the fact that i had lost some fitness and upper body strength ?? but back to normal resistance now. I dont do Dips, propper push ups or chin ups any more or chest workouts (only when i teach pump) but im fine with that. 

The topic of chest work after a BA can be a tricky one as every PS has a different set of rules, mine said it was ok to to push ups on my knees but no dips, chin ups ore heavey chest workouts,  he also knows that i do need to do some light chest work as i teach 3 Pump classes a week. I always say when in doubt ask your sergeon as they will be able to give you the best advice for you as they know how they placed your implants. But yes i too have heard of no push ups ever,  as the chest muscle contracts it pulls the implant outward towards your armpits thus increasing the cleavage gap over a period of time.  ?

thanks hun... will go play with the rowing machine now and for sure resistance will be way down, my upper body is all out of condition... hahaha