Teardrops or Rounds - risks versus aesthetics

I've had my consult with Dr Moradi who has recommended textured teardrop 330/375 moderate plus dual plane implants to get me to a natural looking D cup (or 280/315 moderate teardrops for a C). He said also I'm a good candidate for smooth round if I prefer that option since my shape is fine, I just need volume after my babies sucked my breasts dry. I'm feeling confused about whether I get round or teardrop now. He also said the Motiva Ergo are a good compromise since they are smooth round but somehow give a bit of a teardrop look.

I'm told smooth implants have never caused lymphoma and it does not matter if rounds rotate, so smooth rounds seem like a safer option. But will they give me the natural look I want?

This is the look I want to acheive:

aim.jpg.0088732b0597e6ceb6b30ee90c80ff2e.jpg

And this is the simulated look of the 330/375 moderate plus teardrop on me

simulation.thumb.jpg.a329b2120d48019809ce6922c360a4dc.jpg

Do you think the rounds will give me the look I'm after?

I really appreciate any advice. I really want to do this but want to minimise any side effects (infection, capsular contraction, teardrop rotation, BIA-ALCL) as much as possible. 

Thankyou!!

(this photo comes back everytime I delete it!)

aim.jpg

I would go for a few more consults with other PS to see what they advise. I do have textured teardrops. I wanted a natural look also but because I have a bony chest and not much breast tissue, my surgeon agreed with me that teardrops would suit my chest area best. Because they are textured, the incidence of rotation is meant to be low. In saying that, I have followed every bit of advice from my surgeon to the tee to avoid rotation. So with nearly being 4 years post op, I have been fine.........knock on wood! :D 

Hi i agree with @pink butterfly maybe get a couple more consults to see what other surgeon's  say not saying that the surgeon you saw has not reccomended some good options but it's always best to get 2-3 opinions. I too like Pink Butterfly and have textured anatomical implants as i didnt have a lot of breast tissue and had a short distance from nipple to breast crease so the anatomical were better suited to me , to answer your concern about implant rotation with anatomicals that will usually happen if the pocket has been made to big for the implant or you hav'nt given the implant enough time to  adhere to the chest wall usually the first 2-3wks but if you follow your PS post op rules to the T then you should be fine,  i will also add that I'm a PT and aerobic instructor and so far I've been ok getting back to exercise with anatomicals toutch wood,  but your lucky that round and anatomical would suit you so yes i guess you have a pretty tough decision to make, the Motiva implants seem to be getting more popular as they have a little built in chip (a bit like when you have your dog microchiped) that has all your implant information on it and they also make a nano textured implant which is supposed to be safer than some of the other macro textured implants, however most surgeon's use the 14 point safty plan so  you need to worry about getting cc ect. ?

I chose motiva rounds as I didn't want to worry about the risks of teardrops.  Rounds are also softer which I didn't consider much before the op but am now glad I chose them.  the chest muscle compresses the edge of the implant into a teardrop shape anyway.  I'm almost 3 weeks post op and the upper pole is levelling out which I wanted.  Still hoping for a more natural shape in the end though.  

2 hours ago, Girl1999 said:

I chose motiva rounds as I didn't want to worry about the risks of teardrops.  Rounds are also softer which I didn't consider much before the op but am now glad I chose them.  the chest muscle compresses the edge of the implant into a teardrop shape anyway.  I'm almost 3 weeks post op and the upper pole is levelling out which I wanted.  Still hoping for a more natural shape in the end though.  

Oh, I would love to hear your progress and if you're happy with the natural shape in a few more weeks (or however long it takes). Sounds exactly like my dilemma!

19 hours ago, Wanting boobs said:

Hi i agree with @pink butterfly maybe get a couple more consults to see what other surgeon's  say not saying that the surgeon you saw has not reccomended some good options but it's always best to get 2-3 opinions. I too like Pink Butterfly and have textured anatomical implants as i didnt have a lot of breast tissue and had a short distance from nipple to breast crease so the anatomical were better suited to me , to answer your concern about implant rotation with anatomicals that will usually happen if the pocket has been made to big for the implant or you hav'nt given the implant enough time to  adhere to the chest wall usually the first 2-3wks but if you follow your PS post op rules to the T then you should be fine,  i will also add that I'm a PT and aerobic instructor and so far I've been ok getting back to exercise with anatomicals toutch wood,  but your lucky that round and anatomical would suit you so yes i guess you have a pretty tough decision to make, the Motiva implants seem to be getting more popular as they have a little built in chip (a bit like when you have your dog microchiped) that has all your implant information on it and they also make a nano textured implant which is supposed to be safer than some of the other macro textured implants, however most surgeon's use the 14 point safty plan so  you need to worry about getting cc ect. ?

Thanks, I was hoping to avoid paying for additional consults given they aren't cheap. I feel like I'm a pretty straightforward case and to be honest if I went to a few different surgeons that all said different things that would just confuse me! 

It is good to know because I'm pretty active so a bit worried about limitations on exercise after having implants. 

Why is it beneficial to have your implant info in a chip?

On 16/03/2018 at 12:09 AM, Wanting boobs said:

I'm  not overly sure on that one @Watergirl but i guess it would be easier to just scan  your chip and pull up your Op file rather than go searching for the actual file if you had to go back in for a revision for example. Have you booked a date for your surgery yet. How exciting for you. 

Yes, I have booked in for the end on May.... Not sure if I'm excited or terrified!

I think if your surgeon is suggesting that rounds are suitable for you and you are comfortable with that then go for rounds. The risk of ALCL for micro textured implants is very low however it is still higher then rounds. You are correct in saying that there have been no documented instances of ALCL with smooth implants.

For me personally, I think smooth rounds can look very natural. In fact at a recent conference that I attended, one of the surgeons suggested that at a previous conference the room full of surgeons were asked to identify whether a patient had round or tear drop implants. i think the success rate for correct answers was 50-60%.

I have smooth rounds and believe my surgeon has achieved a very natural result. He said in a bikini they will look natural and only someone with a trained eye would be able to tell I’ve had BA. It would depend on how much breast tissue you already have as well.... I had some breast tissue and was a small C cup prior to surgery.