Recommended surgeons In Melbourne-metro area?

Hi all!

I am looking to get cosmetic rhinoplasty in Melbourne however will also get a referral as I have always had to breathe through my mouth when I sleep so I'm hoping this is something they can address while they're there!

The two doctors that are currently on my shortlist are Dr Patrick Walsh and Dr Andrew Greensmith. I have had no consultations so far but would like a good idea of who I like before booking in consultations. Does anyone have any recommendations for any other honest, well regarded surgeons in the Melbourne south east area? While I know procedure costs vary on complexity I would really appreciate ballpark figures if you have any. I am by no means looking for a cheap doctor but would like to avoid the shock of being charged 18k-20k if I can!

My questions are:

- generally how long did it take to get a consultation/ book in for the procedure?

- do you have any Doctor recommendations?

- approximate costs for any surgeons you've seen!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi there! I’ve had rhinoplasty/septoplasty and combined sinus surgery with Mr Kleid. He’s in fact and ENT as well as a facial plastic surgeon so I need a dual qualified surgeon. He charges a very reasonable $10,000 for rhino/septo and sinus surgery is all included if you need it. And if there are breathing issues you get some money back from Medicare approximately $1300-1500. If I had gone with purely a plastic surgeon they would have had to consult with an ENT meaning I’m paying two surgeons. Most of the top surgeons such as Callan, Greensmith etc will charge a bit more for rhino, but I’m sure are worth the cost. But if breathing issues are important for you to fix perhaps an ent/plastics like kleid would be suited to you? He consults in east melbourne and Balaclava and operates at Freemasons and Masada. 

I waited approximately 4/5 weeks for a consult, and then booked my surgery for 4 weeks after that, but the wait for surgery may be 2 months due to the length of procedure being about 3 hours. 

His consult fee is $600 however, this is a 1 hour appt and is very thorough including endoscope to assess properly and also he takes the photos on the day and sends them to a metamorphics lady who does an amazing job on proper photos and detailed changes. You pay her $560 but then Mr Kleid takes her fee off his surgery fee meaning you only pay him $9440 instead of $10k. 

Anaesthetist was about $1900 (Medicare rebates available, and hospital if no insurance is about $5k overnight stay 

17 minutes ago, MelbGal said:

Hi there! I’ve had rhinoplasty/septoplasty and combined sinus surgery with Mr Kleid. He’s in fact and ENT as well as a facial plastic surgeon so I need a dual qualified surgeon. He charges a very reasonable $10,000 for rhino/septo and sinus surgery is all included if you need it. And if there are breathing issues you get some money back from Medicare approximately $1300-1500. If I had gone with purely a plastic surgeon they would have had to consult with an ENT meaning I’m paying two surgeons. Most of the top surgeons such as Callan, Greensmith etc will charge a bit more for rhino, but I’m sure are worth the cost. But if breathing issues are important for you to fix perhaps an ent/plastics like kleid would be suited to you? He consults in east melbourne and Balaclava and operates at Freemasons and Masada. 

I waited approximately 4/5 weeks for a consult, and then booked my surgery for 4 weeks after that, but the wait for surgery may be 2 months due to the length of procedure being about 3 hours. 

His consult fee is $600 however, this is a 1 hour appt and is very thorough including endoscope to assess properly and also he takes the photos on the day and sends them to a metamorphics lady who does an amazing job on proper photos and detailed changes. You pay her $560 but then Mr Kleid takes her fee off his surgery fee meaning you only pay him $9440 instead of $10k. 

Anaesthetist was about $1900 (Medicare rebates available, and hospital if no insurance is about $5k overnight stay 

how did you go with your surgery?

1 hour ago, TheFox said:

how did you go with your surgery?

Hi! It’s only day 3 so still very fresh and uncomfortable. I can’t breathe which is the hardest thing, but no pain at this stage. I’m sooooo swollen and sooooo bruised under my eyes and eyelids so I look like I lost a boxing match! I actually got sinusitis the day before surgery for the 5th time this year so the surgery couldn’t have come sooner!

But to be honest even with all the taping casts and bandages I can see such a difference in my tip! I’m so excited, but looking forward moreso to breathing through my nose

1 hour ago, MelbGal said:

Hi! It’s only day 3 so still very fresh and uncomfortable. I can’t breathe which is the hardest thing, but no pain at this stage. I’m sooooo swollen and sooooo bruised under my eyes and eyelids so I look like I lost a boxing match! I actually got sinusitis the day before surgery for the 5th time this year so the surgery couldn’t have come sooner!

But to be honest even with all the taping casts and bandages I can see such a difference in my tip! I’m so excited, but looking forward moreso to breathing through my nose

I cant wait to hear how you recover and the end results