BA Nerves - Monday is my big day!

Hi guys ? I’m going in for my surgery on Monday with Dr Tav and I am so nervous!! I have been so incredibly excited (and I obviously still am) but all of the sudden my anxiety has peaked, and I keep thinking about all the things that could go wrong in the surgery and if I’ll wake up and hate what I look like with boobs! I sound ridiculous :S I know I’ve chosen one of the best surgeons and I’ve done my research and have been wanting this operation for years so I shouldn’t be freaking out as I’m in great hands! Please tell me it’s common to be anxious and that this feeling goes away :S xx 

2 hours ago, keanasabean said:

Hi guys ? I’m going in for my surgery on Monday with Dr Tav and I am so nervous!! I have been so incredibly excited (and I obviously still am) but all of the sudden my anxiety has peaked, and I keep thinking about all the things that could go wrong in the surgery and if I’ll wake up and hate what I look like with boobs! I sound ridiculous :S I know I’ve chosen one of the best surgeons and I’ve done my research and have been wanting this operation for years so I shouldn’t be freaking out as I’m in great hands! Please tell me it’s common to be anxious and that this feeling goes away :S xx 

Hey @keanasabean perfectly normal :) it's major surgery and a major life decision, so it's totally normal and sane to be nervous and a bit anxious. You are in expert hands, your surgeon has a great reputation, he is very experienced and you will have lovely support with the nursing staff. You will love your new boobs, but they may look odd to start with and you really need not worry. There will be swelling and probably bruising, they will change shape and size over the days and weeks post-surgery and your job is to rest, relax, look after yourself, be kind to yourself and enjoy the journey. Keep a photo diary of the changes so you can map the progress.

I am 3 1/2 months post-op and I totally and absolutely love my new boobs - best decision I ever made!!

Good luck for Monday, I'll be thinking of you on the day xo

2 hours ago, keanasabean said:

it is so common to be feeling nervous, anxious, excited and scared all at the same time.
For me my biggest fear was choosing the size implant as I did not want to be too big. Rest assured, I have been in surgery with Dr Tavakoli many times and I really like how they are able to use as many implant sizers as possible for the best result for your anatomy - I have personally seen Dr Tavakoli use 4 or 5 sizers until the perfect one was chosen - I certainly want that attention to detail next time im having surgery.

I dont believe you will wake up and hate them as its a little difficult to get a good and proper look at them straight away but if you do, remember that they will probably look a little strange initially, we refer to this as 'frankenboob'. Keep calm and focus on your recovery and dont make any assessments on your actual breasts until a few weeks post op. I know for myself, they changed so much over the first 6 months (for the better I might add).

Please keep us updated,  I am super jealous and wish I was having breast augmentation on Monday, but alas, i must wait until the  end of the year. Im super keen to hear what size you end up, I would like something in the 250cc range myself.

Heya! I was a bit of a wreck before my BA. I was worried about literally every single thing; whether I'd like the result, if it'd look silly, if I'd have complications, what the people at work would say etc etc.  Looking back on it now, I realise I was worried for nothing. I'm so happy I went through with it, and it was honestly so much less of an ordeal than I thought it was going to be. 

Just do remember that very few people wake up with their final result and it can be quite stressful being patient while they heal and change. I got 755ccs and my boobs looked really crazy! Like massive, hard square pecs stuck onto my body. I'm now 1 month post op and I've only really seen a huge difference in the last week or so -- they've become much softer and more boob-like -- but I still have a long way to go! Just be patient and kind with yourself, don't overdo it afterward or compare your progress with others.

Congrats on your surgery date! It'll be over before you know it and you'll be onto the next step of your boob journey!

The anesthetist I had said he wondered why women were so nervous about BA when it was such a 'low level' surgery.  Much less risky than most surgerys and some dental work apparently.  I was really scared, but once the anaesthetic went in, I was out in seconds.  I woke up thinking I was at home, then remembered...and the job was done!    

Thanks so much guys. This has eased my mind so incredibly much and helped me to know I'm not going crazy! I'll make sure to post my before and afters and keep everyone updated <3 I really appreciate you all sharing your experiences. 

@TheFox the fact he tries so many sizers on was a huge reason I chose Dr Tav! He's actually thinking I'll end up with around 280cc but I will make sure I let you know what he ends up choosing and send some pics through! The end of the year will come around so quickly! 

@Girl1999 thank you so much for sharing that point as one of my main concerns has been the anesthetic! 

It would be such an awful feeling in the lead up to surgery. Yes it’s exciting with the thought of having boobs but the process would be daunting. I’m sure you’ll be very well taken care of. Look forward to reading your experience. ☺️

Good luck and wish you all the best! ? 

Hi @keanasabean i know we are all telling you that its perfectly normal to feel the way you are right now but trust me it is normal and you will be fine, if i could of aforded the extea money to travel from Perth to Sydney i would have had  Dr Tav do my BA , he is an amazing surgeon and his work is impeccable,  you will have great care from his nursing staff and by the time you wake up you'll be like is done already. Goid luck fir Monday and i will be thinking of you. 

Good Luck Love, the waiting is very hard but it will be worth all the waiting.  Try not to worry thinking about all the negatives try and stay focused on those lovely girls that you will be getting.  I am sure the PS and nursing staff will be awesome.  Again I will be thinking of you next Monday and I pray all goes well.

Huggs and Kisses 

(   .   )(   .   ) PBB