Post Op rash resembling sunburn

Hi loves! I had my surgery yesterday and everything went fantastic! Couldn't be happier at the moment and I can tell I am going to have an amazing outcome once the girls drop and fluff!

I'm expercing slight discomfort but I am surprisingly able to be quite mobile in terms of picking up things, washing myself, dressing myself etc. so I'm super lucky!

Just a slight concern; I have developed a red rash on the top half of my arms which resembles a sunburn and is radiating heat. It is also somewhat across my torso. I'm not sure if this could be a mild reaction to the antibiotics I'm taking or what but I just thought I'd check in to see if anyone else experienced this a few days post op :) I've emailed my nurse so I'm sure she'll respond first thing in the morning but I just wanted to ease my mind for now :) xxx

It sounds like a bit of a reaction to something,  could be your medication or the anesthetic,  i developed like little white pimples at about 3 wop across my upper chest and cleavage area but they went away about 10 days later, its good that you have emailed the nurse but in the meantime if itgets a bit to uncomfortable you could try a cold wash cloth to help calm the heat and itching.  

13 hours ago, keanasabean said:

Hi loves! I had my surgery yesterday and everything went fantastic! Couldn't be happier at the moment and I can tell I am going to have an amazing outcome once the girls drop and fluff!

I'm expercing slight discomfort but I am surprisingly able to be quite mobile in terms of picking up things, washing myself, dressing myself etc. so I'm super lucky!

Just a slight concern; I have developed a red rash on the top half of my arms which resembles a sunburn and is radiating heat. It is also somewhat across my torso. I'm not sure if this could be a mild reaction to the antibiotics I'm taking or what but I just thought I'd check in to see if anyone else experienced this a few days post op I've emailed my nurse so I'm sure she'll respond first thing in the morning but I just wanted to ease my mind for now xxx

Hey @keanasabean congratulations on your new girls!! :):) Sounds like a fabulous outcome and great to hear you are happy. The rash is probs just a mild reaction as the girls have said and I'm sure the nurse will reassure you. It's also good that you are mobile and can do things, but do rest and take it easy too xo

15 hours ago, keanasabean said:

Just a slight concern; I have developed a red rash on the top half of my arms which resembles a sunburn and is radiating heat. It is also somewhat across my torso. I'm not sure if this could be a mild reaction to the antibiotics I'm taking or what but I just thought I'd check in to see if anyone else experienced this a few days post op I've emailed my nurse so I'm sure she'll respond first thing in the morning but I just wanted to ease my mind for now xxx

Is it itchy ?? It's most likely a reaction to the antibiotics or possibly the anaesthetic...I had rashes from anaesthetic :( 

Hope it's calmed down a bit today?