Private health cover

Hi guys, could someone tell me pls,how does it work with private health cover, what do they cover etc... I only have Medicare card atm, would it be worth joining private to get some benefits if I decide to have my breast implants replaced due to possible capsular contracture. Thank you ;)

11 hours ago, Vkn1 said:

Yeah Iam sure there will be s waiting period, I ll Look into it. I was thinking that private health might cover the room, anaesthetic etc 

thsnk yiu

Private health will cover anything surgical related, OT room part of surgeons fee and anesthetist fee.  You can try to ask anesthetist to "charge within the gap" to reduce out of pocket expenses.  Also, your surgeon has to provide you with item numbers for you to claim. It's always best to go with top cover with gap cover to reduce out of pocket expenses.

Only speaking from my own personal experience here. My private health care didn’t cover any of my BA. I have top hospital and extras and still nothing, not even the hospital stay or anaesthetic. Because it’s considered “elective cosmetic surgery” and it’s not needed for a medical reason. I have heard though if you have been recommended by your G.P. to see a plastic surgeon that then you may be able to claim some of it. See how you go, Goodluck! 

33 minutes ago, Hozza said:

Only speaking from my own personal experience here. My private health care didn’t cover any of my BA. I have top hospital and extras and still nothing, not even the hospital stay or anaesthetic. Because it’s considered “elective cosmetic surgery” and it’s not needed for a medical reason. 

This is not the first time that I’ve heard this. I feel as though this is going to become more common and cosmetic surgery becomes more common. 

On 08/04/2018 at 10:57 PM, Vkn1 said:

Hi guys, could someone tell me pls,how does it work with private health cover, what do they cover etc... I only have Medicare card atm, would it be worth joining private to get some benefits if I decide to have my breast implants replaced due to possible capsular contracture. Thank you

Hi there 

definitely worth having for revision surgery. I have used my private health for 2 revisions (one capsular contracture one upgrade) and I got rebate on both. For my CC surgery I got the most rebate but even in 2017 when I had an elective upgrade I got $1200 back. I’m a big believer in PHI anyway but have personally used it twice for BA revision with success ?