Revison with Dr Patrick Walsh?

Ive consulted with him before about strictly ENT matters (breathing).   He is very kind and a great doctor.   I noted also hes ranked #1 on ratemd for all ENTS in Melb, which is a patient review site.

I've never heard anything bad about him,  but its seems extremely difficult to find reviews from patients online who had a rhino (primary or revision) with him.   This may be due to him him being relatively young (in surgeon terms anyway), and recently setting up practice.    In fact,  they don't even show you before and after examples on his website. 

I was informed the only way to see before and afters is to visit his clinic for a consult, which I plan on doing.   

I am looking to get a revision, and have him earmarked as 1 of 3 surgeons I will be consulting with.

Looking forward to how you find the consult as well!

16 hours ago, fishlips said:

Thanks Mikk,

i want to see him but not sure if it's too premature as I am already 7 months post op from my last revision so have lots of swelling still.

i just hope he makes big changes rather than subtle changes.

Hi  , Im really sorry to hear you arent happy... apparently they say to wait at least 12 months before you seek a revision.

16 hours ago, fishlips said:

There's a girl on YouTube who has done a rhinoplasty vlog and he was her surgeon. Her results were outstanding!

ill add the link to the YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/AvYZ9Cro720

Thank you that was very helpful!

Have you researched or thought about any other doctors as well?

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2018 at 5:47 PM, fishlips said:

Not really I've had already 2 reconstructive rhinoplastys with the same surgeon but I feel he is too conservative for me as I want a bigger change.

Hi Fishlips,

I'm sorry to hear you aren't happy with your result. I originally thought you were happy with your surgery with Dr Greensmith. ( i sent you a pm)

I am considering Dr Tony Holms. He did a 4th very complex revision on my friend and she is happy.

My fear with Greensmith is that he is also that he is too conservative. 

Please PM me, we maybe able to help each other as this will be my 2nd reconstructive surgery.

Hope to hear from you ???

• 1 month later...

Just called patrick walshs office. Would be $750 for a consultation! $200 for talking about it. $400 for photos and $150 for getting a camera up the nose! This is unheard of! Maybe its just me but is that super expensive? I remember my consult with camera and everything was about $250-$300.

yeah im not 100% happy with mine as i want a small nose not a medium one, andrew is a bit too conservative. And then you get used to it and looks bigger in my eyes.

5 hours ago, fishlips said:

Just called patrick walshs office. Would be $750 for a consultation! $200 for talking about it. $400 for photos and $150 for getting a camera up the nose! This is unheard of! Maybe its just me but is that super expensive? I remember my consult with camera and everything was about $250-$300.

yeah im not 100% happy with mine as i want a small nose not a medium one, andrew is a bit too conservative. And then you get used to it and looks bigger in my eyes.

Wow that does seem like a lot...maybe he has raised his prices.   From memory he was meant to be one of the more reasonable ones, but he was just starting out then.   Of course if he can give the result we want, its worth it, but theres no gaurantee of that.

Im wondering have you considered Tony Holmes?   Im considering adding him to my short list, however he is over 70 now.  

On 6/7/2018 at 7:33 PM, fishlips said:

I think he had a reputation for botching noses

Thanks for the heads up.   It's so hard deciding.   

So far I have short listed for appointments:

Howard Webster  (have you found much about him?)

Patrick Walsh 

Jeremy Richardson.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...