Allergen Microcell round breast implants

Looking at possibly having my anatomical textured implants removed after feeling quite anxious for the last year or so regarding the link to them and Lymphoma.  

Had consult with surgeon and he said he's happy to remove and that they would be replaced with Allergen microcell round breast implants...

...does anyone have this type of implant? Have any feedback on them??

Any info would be gratefully received so I can try and make my decision.

21 hours ago, Sjay said:

Looking at possibly having my anatomical textured implants removed after feeling quite anxious for the last year or so regarding the link to them and Lymphoma.  

Had consult with surgeon and he said he's happy to remove and that they would be replaced with Allergen microcell round breast implants...

Hi @Sjay - sorry I have no experience with Allergen microcell. But I wanted to say I am sorry you feel so anxious about your implants and that you are considering further surgery because of your fear. I am assuming you have no symptoms? The risk is very small and the cancer is still considered quite rare. Surgeons do have to advise us there is a risk with textured anatomicals, but the risk is low. The symptoms are easy to spot as the lymphoma causes fluid and swelling in the breast. It is caused by bacteria on the surface of the implant. The prognosis and recovery rate for those who do get it is high. Having said that if you cannot overcome your anxiety then replacement may be best to put your mind at ease - but it is a serious step when you have no symptoms and may never develop ALCL.

Personally, I am comfortable with my textured anatomicals and I was advised of the ALCL risk by my surgeon and how to look out for symptoms, he also used the Keller Funnel technique to minimise the implant coming into contact with the air and any bacteria during surgery. That was enough for me to feel confident in my decision and to understand the risk involved and what to do if symptoms develop. I wish you well in coming to the best decision for yourself xo

21 hours ago, Sjay said:

Aren't these also textured?
You will need to change to a smooth implant if you really want to remove the risk of ALCL

Hey there! Sorry to hear that you are feeling so anxious about your textured anatomicals. I have them myself and I was told by my surgeon that ALCL is extremely rare, but for people that have been diagnosed it is fairly easily treated by removal of the implants. Also my surgeon used the keller funnel method which, as a poster says above, lowers the risk even further.

I feel myself that the risks you put yourself under by undergoing another surgery to remove and replace your implants would far outweigh the risks stemming from possibly developing ALCL, but that's just my opinion. Maybe you could read up some literature regarding this disease and the realistic numbers and risks of developing it-- there's heaps of info online and it might assist to assuage your anxiety.

If you are adamant on removing yours and going to rounds, you should do smooth rounds. I believe the small risk of developing ALCL occurs in all textured implants, not just textured anatomicals.