50 minutes ago, Zoey23 said:

I had my surgery this AM and omg my stomach is killing me. It feels like I ate thanksgiving dinner and then some. I have had a tooooon of water, collage, and some fiber filled snack. Is this normal? I’m not even 24 hours in. 

Totes normal - you are bloated with gasses and it will pass, hopefully you will pass wind and poop soon and you'll start to feel less in pain. The bloat itself can last for a few days to a week, but not usually painful all that time :)

How are you going otherwise? All good post surgery? xo

I hope your surgery went well and your happy with your boobs! 

Bloating is completely normal, I was bloated for at least 5 days and found it very difficult to go the toilet. 12 dpo now and feeling great!

Rest up, drink plenty of water and eat fruit and veg and you should be back to normal in a few days. 

Yes the bloating and pain from the gas to puff up your torso area is not a pleasant sensation. I have had this before also from laparoscopic surgeries. Peppermint tea, heat packs + the painkillers given to you by your surgeon should help to ease things a bit. It takes a few days for the bloating to subside. Don't worry - you will not be like this forever.

Also you may find between day 3 and day 5, you feel a bit down and may even question why the hell you got the surgery in the first place. This is normal. With sleep deprivation from the pain, feeling uncomfortable and your body processing the anaesthetic, things can feel like they get on top of you. But again, you won't feel like this forever. By day 7, you should start to feel human again.

Just write the first 7 days off and don't put too much expectation on yourself. Your job is to just rest and heal.

This forum is great for lots of support. So if you feel like crap and need a vent, don't be afraid to do so. We have all been in your place before. x

7 hours ago, sabP said:

Totes normal - you are bloated with gasses and it will pass, hopefully you will pass wind and poop soon and you'll start to feel less in pain. The bloat itself can last for a few days to a week, but not usually painful all that time

How are you going otherwise? All good post surgery? xo

Thank you so much! It hurts more than I expected, but not a crazy pain, just so dang sore! I haven’t even looked at the new girls yet! I will this AM!

7 hours ago, Ss84 said:

I hope your surgery went well and your happy with your boobs! 

Bloating is completely normal, I was bloated for at least 5 days and found it very difficult to go the toilet. 12 dpo now and feeling great!

Rest up, drink plenty of water and eat fruit and veg and you should be back to normal in a few days. 

This makes me feel better! Thank you so much. I still haven’t opened my surgical bra, too scared I’ll be disappointed. ? But I was told I can take a quick shower today, so I will then!

12 minutes ago, pink butterfly said:

Yes the bloating and pain from the gas to puff up your torso area is not a pleasant sensation. I have had this before also from laparoscopic surgeries. Peppermint tea, heat packs + the painkillers given to you by your surgeon should help to ease things a bit. It takes a few days for the bloating to subside. Don't worry - you will not be like this forever.

Also you may find between day 3 and day 5, you feel a bit down and may even question why the hell you got the surgery in the first place. This is normal. With sleep deprivation from the pain, feeling uncomfortable and your body processing the anaesthetic, things can feel like they get on top of you. But again, you won't feel like this forever. By day 7, you should start to feel human again.

Just write the first 7 days off and don't put too much expectation on yourself. Your job is to just rest and heal.

This forum is great for lots of support. So if you feel like crap and need a vent, don't be afraid to do so. We have all been in your place before. x

Thank you! I had a hernia a year ago and was the same way, but I expected that from an abdominal surgery. The extent of this bloating surprised me. I’ll do heat and tea today!

thanknyou, I felt bad complaining about something that was optional for me to do!