Newbie! Getting my new boobs in December

Hi everyone, 

Im paying my deposit tomorrow for my breast augmentation surgery in December. I have procrastinated about this for nearly 10 years and now im finally doing it.  Im so excited but also im freaking out about afew things. Mainly fitness post op.  Im an army reservist and im fairly active. Am i ever going to be able to feel normal to do pushups and run?  Ive also heard of women not being able to sleep without a bra since having their op. (I know you have to for 3 months post op, im talking after this period).   Anyway id love to say hi to you all and hear your stories. Ally x

Hi @AllyT and welcome,  i was like you i procrastinated for about 10 yrs too ? and finally had my BA in November last year. I have 440cc hp anatomical dual plane and am a fitness instructor so was worried about this myself.  It took a good 8 wks to get back into my weight training  ( light cardio and lower body training at 3-4 wks first) then at the 8 wk mark i started light upper body weights and slowly increasing the weight and intensity over the weeks. As for the push ups/ pull ups ect i can do them but it feels weird like i can feel my chest muscles pulling the implants outward so i try to avoid those exercises where possible but Teach Pump classes 3 times a week so not totally unavoidable but i do very girly ones ?. My Ps reccomended i try to avoid those exercises and any isolated chest like flys as it can push your implants towards you armpits over a peirod of time causing an unusually wide cleavage gap, that being said i am now just over 6mpo and back to pre boob fitness and strength and can do everything   but i do modify some exercises to accommodate my implants.  Hope this helps some. If you FR me you can see my progress pics ?

That is exciting with booking your surgery! I am a fitness junkie. What I did was made an exercise plan with my surgeon prior to the surgery eg only walking in the first 2 - 3 weeks; no ab work/no leg work during that time etc. This helped me with the mental battle of not doing any or much physical movement. By the 4th week post op, I was back at the gym...........but I could only use very light weights. Then I slowly built myself up with weights with each passing week. My surgeon was emphatic that I never do chin ups again as I could damage what he has done in my chest area. So I have stuck to that. I can do push ups. I don't do very heavy weights with my chest area as I don't want my implants to be further apart with built up chest muscles. I already have a natural gap there. I was allowed to do jogging from 3 weeks post op as long as I wore 2 sports bras to protect my boobs.

I do have anatomicals and under the muscle so this area was pretty tight and sore after surgery. But I was back at work after having 2 weeks off. I am a domestic cleaner. The first week back I was very sore and tired. But by the 4th week post op, my energy was returning. Hope that kind of helps. :) 

What did your surgeon recommend? December will be here before you know it! Like you, I’m torn with CC sizes but will knuckle out the size at my next consult in June. I’ve been recommended to go dual plane, teardrops, 350cc moderate profile plus. I’m deciding whether to go high profile instead, hence another consult ?

From what I read, you need to avoid sleeping on your side post surgery for up to 6wks, I could be wrong. I’m a side sleeper too, so this is going to kill me ?

1 hour ago, AllyT said:

Thank you both for your replies! Im still getting my head around the sizes of implants so im not sure exactly the cc size. I will be most likely going under muscle or dual plane tear drop as i have not very much tissue to work with.  Did you have problems sleeping on your side post op? 

@Teardrops is right i was told by my surgeon to avoid sleeping on my side for 6 weeks, its to give the anatomical implants enough time to adhere to the chest wall this will help minimize the risk of rotation in the future, as for the sleeping i was told to sleep elevated for a week to help with the swelling and getting out of bed it is a little uncomfortable and awkward but it's only for a short time. Good luck with your BA journey and keep us posted on how you go. 

As for sleeping on my side it took a good 3 months before it was comfortable to sleep on my side again your boobs will feel very firm for the first few weeks and sleeping on your side can feel very strange as they wont  move ?

Hey @AllyT - I have similar stats to @Wanting boobs and I am 5 months and have 375cc anatomical, dual plane unders. I am also physically active, I run (no problem at all with running, had to wait 6-7 weeks though and then it took about 3 more weeks to be back at my pre-op running speed); I swim (usually 30-40 laps/50mtre pool) and I go to the gym. I don't do isolated chest exercises as advised by my PS to avoid those.

I am also a side sleeper, the first two weeks I had to sleep elevated and on my back. After that I slept slightly propped on my side and it does take until around the 3 month mark to be 100% comfy on your side. I am totally fine with side sleeping now :) 

You can sleep without a bra after the first 6 weeks - but strangely some of us prefer the comfort of sleeping with a crop top and I am one of them - go figure!! 

The size you go for will depend on your anatomy, current breast tissue and your bandwidth dimension. Your plastic surgeon will guide and advise you - but he/she will listen to you and what you are hoping to achieve.

And it took me around 30 years to finally go ahead and have my surgery!! Best decision ever :D:D

You can friend request me to view my gallery pics

How do you make yourself sleep on your back?? Haha. Im a side sleeper. Im gonna just end up on my side. ?.  I only just paid my deposit so i havnt had any advice from my surgeon yet. 

Im glad to hear that running will be ok eventually. I guess with the right bra anything is possible. 

Hi Ally,

Unfortunately I can't help you with your fitness questions, but I have 755cc implants (3 months post op) and I have no problems with sleeping without a bra at all.

I flop around like a fish at night (side, stomach and back sleeper) and I honestly haven't had any pain, discomfort or 'weird' feelings. Sleeping on my stomach took a little bit to get used to, but now it's no problems whatsoever. 

I haven't worn a bra to bed since my surgeon gave me the all clear to nix it if I wanted to at 6 weeks post op.

2 hours ago, AllyT said:

How do you make yourself sleep on your back?? Haha. Im a side sleeper. Im gonna just end up on my side. ?.  I only just paid my deposit so i havnt had any advice from my surgeon yet. 

Im glad to hear that running will be ok eventually. I guess with the right bra anything is possible. 

Hey hun... you have to sleep on your back for the first couple of weeks, you need to prop yourself up with pillows as well so you are semi-recumbent. I bought a "wedge" pillow to keep me upright and on my back. I totally hated it as I never sleep on my back, but the surgeon will tell you that you must as it helps with the healing after surgery.

Berlei do really good sports bras and keep your new girls firmly in place and stop them bouncing around when you are running :)