Hi Ladies,

I'm in desperate need of some advice as to whom would be the best surgeon in Brisbane or Gold Coast that you would recommend and possibly have some before and afters for me to see?

The surgeons I have as picks at the moment are:

- Dr Sharp (Greenslopes)

- Dr Paul Belt

- Dr Daniel Fleming

- Dr Richardson

These surgeons are all in Brisbane so I'm hoping someone could help me in deciding whom would be best to proceed with or whom not to proceed with? Any help id be ever so grateful!!!

Thanks in advance !!!!!

I had my surgery done in Brisbane by Dr Theo Birch so following this post. I am so unhappy with my lopsided asymmetrical outcome. I have emailed Dr Richardson as he was co owner of the practice I went to and he believes there is nothing to be fixed so please be careful 

EE2FCA57-AA60-4A57-AA06-52CD724C6A88.jpeg

09AD2989-4B3D-4EC4-989F-AE166B9FEF09.jpeg

73217191-98E6-4698-A8F1-94FC6740031D.jpeg

On 5/24/2018 at 1:38 PM, lmareef121 said:

Hi Ladies,

I'm in desperate need of some advice as to whom would be the best surgeon in Brisbane or Gold Coast that you would recommend and possibly have some before and afters for me to see?

The surgeons I have as picks at the moment are:

- Dr Sharp (Greenslopes)

- Dr Paul Belt

- Dr Daniel Fleming

- Dr Richardson

These surgeons are all in Brisbane so I'm hoping someone could help me in deciding whom would be best to proceed with or whom not to proceed with? Any help id be ever so grateful!!!

Thanks in advance !!!!!

Hi,

Just wondering if you have decided yet? 

I'm also looking into Dr Richardson vs Dr Flemming. Hadn't heard of Dr Sharp until your post.

Have you had any consults yet?

Cheers,

-Jen

@Tori14 thanks 🙂 just wondering what the experience was like with consult? Did it cost money for consult? rough idea of total estimate. Did you see Richardson and Flemming? Then definitely need to hear from you after Dec 14 😄

@Jen85 yeah it cost something like $250 for initial consult and if you have a GP referral you get some of that back on Medicare. Once I booked for surgery, I wasn't charged for further consults. 

I'm a more complicated case as I have significant asymmetry (right is an A, left is a C) and I liked Dr Richardson based on his straight forward logical manner and he openly considered all options for me including pros and cons of each, made his ideal recommendation but ultimately left the decision up to me once I had the info needed to make an informed decision. Ultimately I just feel really confident in his judgement and I like the results I have seen for girls with a similar issue to my own so that made the decision for me :) 

So surgery is costing in total around $11,000 however due to asymmetry having a Medicare claim item I think it's coming down to $10,000. 

I didn't consult with Dr Fleming sorry, I did sooooo much reading of so many reviews online of all the brissy surgeons, and I had liked the reviews from Dr R so I went to see him and didn't feel like I needed to consult with anyone else after that I was confident :) I would go with questions though and be very specific about what you want and ask what he would recommend and why, that's when I got the best information out of him, he was very patient and took the time to explain things so I understood :)