So on May 17th I had sips surgery. Sips is a sleeve however approx 3 metres of intestines also gets bypassed. Just wanted to update that it went really well and as of today I'm down 17kgs. Yes I still have a lot more to go but I can't remember the last time I weighed this amount. It's been years. 

Weight problems don't really get discussed much on this forum but I wanted to post in case anyone here or someone they know is considering weight loss surgery. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself. Happy to answer any questions you may have. 

Wow thats great to hear and I'm glad that surgery went well. I knew that sips surgery was something to do with a gastric sleeve but had no idea that they bypassed 3 meters of intestine.  How are you feeling and do you have any difficulty eating as someone i know had this done and says she needs to be very careful with what she eats otherwise she throws up. 

That’s really interesting! ??

I’ve always been really intrigued and am researching the gastric sleeve at the moment as I’d like to pay for a family member to get it. 

I haven’t heard of sips before, so I’ll add that to my researching.

Goodluck with it all. I’ve heard endless positive reviews regarding the sleeve. Life changing!

@Wanting boobs I made the mistake of eating 2 pieces of beef vindaloo and my mouth was on fire so I stupidly drank some milk to help but ended up vomiting. Apart from that things have been pretty good. 

@misstons SIPS is the preferred option for those with type 2 diabetes. I don't have diabetes but do have family history of it and as I suffered gestational diabetes with my son I'm at a 50% risk of developing type 2. That's very kind of you to help out family like that. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Cupcake85 said:

I just wanted to update that I'm down 33.5kgs and in size 14s including jeans from Valley Girl. I have 29.8kgs to go and I feel incredible. To be able to do fun things as a family like visit the zoo, go to the city, etc and not be in agony just from walking is a major health benefit. 

Cupcake this is amazing - congratulations and well done

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cupcake85 said:

I'm 39.6kgs down. Size 14 everywhere including Ice Design. I bought more amazing jeans yesterday, ok 2 x jeans hehe. And a top/dress and more work pants. I went platinum blonde/grey and I've had my bob chopped off into a pixie cut. I feel like a new person! 

That's great, well done!  Sounds like the wallet will be in for a beating with all your new clothes :)

2 hours ago, Cupcake85 said:

I'm 39.6kgs down. Size 14 everywhere including Ice Design. I bought more amazing jeans yesterday, ok 2 x jeans hehe. And a top/dress and more work pants. I went platinum blonde/grey and I've had my bob chopped off into a pixie cut. I feel like a new person! 

wow that is amazing - thanks for the update

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to update as it's been awhile. 52.1kgs gone and only 11kgs to get to my goal weight. I'm now a size 10 - 12 depending on the make of the clothes. I weigh less than what I did before I had my first child which is exciting. Im 6kgs off weighing what I did when I first met my husband. 

Life is good. I'm wearing things and shopping at places I never thought were possible and I'm full of confidence. I can't wait to see how I feel about myself after the 360 body lift and breast revision. It will complete my transformation.