Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all, 

I had my BA surgery on 27th June so am now Day 12. The past 2-3 days of recovery has been a bit hard. I think I’m just fed up with being in constant discomfort and not feeling my usual energetic self! I’m also not sleeping well on my back as I feel pain deep in the chest under my sternum. 

I cheated and slept on my side for an hour each side this afternoon as I was exhausted. I put a rolled up pair of socks between my cleavage and hugged a pillow for support. It felt fine but woke up a bit more swollen. My surgeon is away on hols but back on Tuesday so I can’t ask him but has anyone slept on their side this early? 

I don’t want to do damage but can’t keep going on no sleep either! 

 

Thanks girls x

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mumma-K said:

Hi all, 

I had my BA surgery on 27th June so am now Day 12. The past 2-3 days of recovery has been a bit hard. I think I’m just fed up with being in constant discomfort and not feeling my usual energetic self! I’m also not sleeping well on my back as I feel pain deep in the chest under my sternum. 

I cheated and slept on my side for an hour each side this afternoon as I was exhausted. I put a rolled up pair of socks between my cleavage and hugged a pillow for support. It felt fine but woke up a bit more swollen. My surgeon is away on hols but back on Tuesday so I can’t ask him but has anyone slept on their side this early? 

I don’t want to do damage but can’t keep going on no sleep either! 

 

Thanks girls x

Hey lovely - I started sleeping on my side at the two week mark as my PS said I could. It was far better than back sleeping, which I hate. I found it took a while to get comfy with the side sleeping too, but it was way better than on my back. @Wanting boobs was genius with the sock/cleavage idea and you too!!. I didn't think of that so it was a bit harder for me - but I got used to it and at least I could sleep!! I still do the pillow hugging, but I always did :D  :D 

I wouldn't worry at this stage, just sleep as much as you can and confirm with your surgeon on Tuesday

Link to post
Share on other sites

@pink butterfly and @sabP thank you both. I feel a bit better knowing that others have done it too. I guess if it’s not causing pain then it should probably be ok and not causing damage. 

I’ll check with my surgeon on Tuesday when I see him. 

Gosh I thought the worst was over by Day 5 but Days 10-12 have been hard! I guess I was just expecting to feel better and better but recovery has plateaued. I’m usually very active so being in pain and debilitated is mentally hard. I’m sure things will get better from here though ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi love, you should be fine to sleep on your side by now and i think from memory Sam saud i could sleep whatever way was comfortable for me however i was unable to sleep totally comfortable on my side until 8-10 wpo as like you i woke up a bit sore n swollen.  When i asked Sam about it he saud something like that just means my body needs more time and to try again in a week or two, my issue was lower back pain sleep on my back so i would put a pillow undet my knees, i wish i could help you and suggest something to make you comfortable, the pain you sre feeling might still be the weight of your implants on your chest as they slightly fall to the sides as you lay down and the weight of them may just be pulling on the muscles close to your sternum.

As an after thought you could try putting a belt round your boobs and lay down for a couple of minutes just to see if it helps. Let me know how you go its no fun when you can't sleep 

3 hours ago, sabP said:

Hey lovely - I started sleeping on my side at the two week mark as my PS said I could. It was far better than back sleeping, which I hate. I found it took a while to get comfy with the side sleeping too, but it was way better than on my back. @Wanting boobs was genius with the sock/cleavage idea and you too!!. I didn't think of that so it was a bit harder for me - but I got used to it and at least I could sleep!! I still do the pillow hugging, but I always did    

I wouldn't worry at this stage, just sleep as much as you can and confirm with your surgeon on Tuesday

Ha ha thanks @sabP i thought of the sock between the boobs because it felt weird how they would stack on top of one another and the boob sweat ? but I'm used to it now but might do the sock thing again in summer as i hate the Cleavage sweat?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wanting boobs said:

Hi love, you should be fine to sleep on your side by now and i think from memory Sam saud i could sleep whatever way was comfortable for me however i was unable to sleep totally comfortable on my side until 8-10 wpo as like you i woke up a bit sore n swollen.  When i asked Sam about it he saud something like that just means my body needs more time and to try again in a week or two, my issue was lower back pain sleep on my back so i would put a pillow undet my knees, i wish i could help you and suggest something to make you comfortable, the pain you sre feeling might still be the weight of your implants on your chest as they slightly fall to the sides as you lay down and the weight of them may just be pulling on the muscles close to your sternum.

As an after thought you could try putting a belt round your boobs and lay down for a couple of minutes just to see if it helps. Let me know how you go its no fun when you can't sleep 

Ha ha thanks @sabP i thought of the sock between the boobs because it felt weird how they would stack on top of one another and the boob sweat ? but I'm used to it now but might do the sock thing again in summer as i hate the Cleavage sweat?

 

@Wanting boobs thanks so much! Good idea to try a belt around boobs when lying on my back, will have to give that a try. I actually took 1/2 an Endone last night and slept much better so that was good. I was trying to be tough and avoid the strong meds but I have more than half a pack left so I may as well take them if I need them , no point in struggling through. I am quite comfortable on my side for about an hour so that gives me options to so I'm not stuck in the one position all night long! 

That sock trick is gold, I'm sure lots of us will appreciate! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @MummaK - recovery is a lot slower than we expect in some ways and those of us girls who are active think we should be back to normal sooner than we are. I totally agree with you, it can be demoralizing. I felt I recovered well and fairly smoothly (apart from the back sleeping) but it did take time to get back to full pelt in terms of my running/swimming/gym and I found it a bit frustrating to say the least. But you do get there in the end and on a side note - your new boobs just look awesome!! And there comes a time when you feel fully recovered and back to everything normal in your life and have SPECTACULAR boobs as well!!! I still can't get over them and still find myself staring at them in wonder :D❤️ xo

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sabP said:

Hey @MummaK - recovery is a lot slower than we expect in some ways and those of us girls who are active think we should be back to normal sooner than we are. I totally agree with you, it can be demoralizing. I felt I recovered well and fairly smoothly (apart from the back sleeping) but it did take time to get back to full pelt in terms of my running/swimming/gym and I found it a bit frustrating to say the least. But you do get there in the end and on a side note - your new boobs just look awesome!! And there comes a time when you feel fully recovered and back to everything normal in your life and have SPECTACULAR boobs as well!!! I still can't get over them and still find myself staring at them in wonder ❤️ xo

Thanks @sabP, yes as much as recovery can be hard, it’s all worth it!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...