teardrop

Revision cost / Dr Tavakoli

Hi everyone,

I had my breast augmentation  done 4 years ago. I had small implants 255 and 225cc. I don’t have any complications. But I have a feeling the pocket was made a little to big. Or the implant width should have been wider. They are slightly different shapes and I want them to just sit there without a bra on. Perkier and less wobbly.

I had an online consultation with Dr Tav and he quoted $22,000 but all up $28,000 with hospital, implants etc.

If he could gaurentee they would look perfect and last forever it’s worth it as I love his work. But that quote just seems like so much money.

Has anyone else has a revision with him here? How much did you pay? Mine is a simple BA revision he said, I need wider implant and pocket smaller....

I also am going to live in Europe for a couple of years as of next year. And someone said they have amazing surgeons in Italy and other places that cost much less....

Does any one have any feed back about revisions with Dr Tav or going to America or Europe to get them done? I was happy to pay 15-20k but 28 sounds extreme. But I’m willing to save up if I will get the best outcome.

thanks lovelies 

I had a revision with Dr  just over 18 months ago, pretty much implant size and shape change with extra things done including internal bra and an overnight hospital stay, and all up before my health fund rebate it was close to $16k. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks so much for the reply ladies

Chinchilla, i might get a second quote and ask Dr  also. Good idea. I was just so shocked as I have nothing wrong and he said it would be straight forward .... 28k is a lot of bags and shoes 🤣

Wow so 16k for internal bra that’s what I want.

i havnt got private health. 

im wondering if I’m just over thinking the whole boob thing and I should just be happy wih them.

i guess instagram doesn’t help. 

Can I ask how much happier you are with the revision? Was it worth the recovery and money the second time around? 

id love to see your photos if you have any before and afters.

my boobs feel heavy even though I have small implants. Do you feel a difference now with the internal bra?

thank you, sorry for all the questions 😃

@teardrop I am so happy with my revision. I went larger, from 390cc to 545cc, and from round to teardrop. The sit so much better on me - they are closer together and my upper pole is how I wanted it to be. 

I don’t really feel the difference so much with the internal bra but I do feel it lifted them a bit. 

For me the recovery was so much easier with the revision and I am so glad I did it. $28k is a lot to spend on a revision in my opinion. 

Ill send you a FR so you can check out my before and afters. 

Good luck with your decisions. 

On 7/15/2018 at 8:44 PM, teardrop said:

Hi everyone,

I had my breast augmentation  done 4 years ago. I had small implants 255 and 225cc. I don’t have any complications. But I have a feeling the pocket was made a little to big. Or the implant width should have been wider. They are slightly different shapes and I want them to just sit there without a bra on. Perkier and less wobbly.

I had an online consultation with Dr Tav and he quoted $22,000 but all up $28,000 with hospital, implants etc.

If he could gaurentee they would look perfect and last forever it’s worth it as I love his work. But that quote just seems like so much money.

Has anyone else has a revision with him here? How much did you pay? Mine is a simple BA revision he said, I need wider implant and pocket smaller....

I also am going to live in Europe for a couple of years as of next year. And someone said they have amazing surgeons in Italy and other places that cost much less....

Does any one have any feed back about revisions with Dr Tav or going to America or Europe to get them done? I was happy to pay 15-20k but 28 sounds extreme. But I’m willing to save up if I will get the best outcome.

thanks lovelies 

Dr tavakoli is worth every single penny and I would have zero hesitation in paying that money for him if you wanted hte best possible outcome.
You might find your consultation in person will be a far cheaper quote then what you were given, especially if you have PHI.
What did Dr Tavakoli say you needed to fix them?

Hi @TheFox

I did the online consult and was quoted the base rate for a revision which is $22,000 for Tav.

Then with implant cost and everything it is total of $28,00. I dont have private health care. I don't mind paying for the hospital but $22,00 for a revision now days seem like a lot. Its sad because thats why people go overseas obviously.

He said i just need a wider base implant and it would be a standard BA revision. 

I had B cups before my first BA so i had a lot of natural breast tissue. I wanted to go not to big but have a fuller look with my first BA but the surgeon didnt give me the right width to achieve being perfectly filled up. Its probably just a perfectionist thing. I might consider doing it in December if i still really want them as iv saved half already.

This may seem like a silly question but if i got a bigger CC because of the width and height being more, and il have internal bra technique.

Do you think the implants will feel heavier or more perkier because  the base is wider and more spread out? I have small implants but they seem heavy to me ha!! or maybe thats my natural breast tissue which moves about.

Its not a massive thing just wanted to get them redone for myself, il still consider it but i could buy a lot of things for $30K :)

How much did he quote you for your revision?