Genuine advice/info anything needed? BA + BL

Hi Girls, 

i would appreciate any down to earth advice / personal experiences to really help me settle my mind.

I been wanting breast surgery since about 13 - by 17 I had decided to go overseas and get it done but my parents wouldnt sign consent needed last minute. At 21 I seen advertisement for cheap augmentation in Aus anyway so enquired straight away!! Was heartbroken then being told I needed a lift cried for a week not feeling stupid not even realising it myself.

I’m now 25  and finally have accepted I need a lift (defiantly now) and I just want confidence it’s something I have always thought about obviously. Deciding now I will finally do it, reasearched for days decided on Dr Edmund Ek, emailed his assistance to schuelde something and now I just can’t move forward.... I started reading about CC and people hating there surgeries, regretting it or people having to go back and I’m petrified I never thought about any of that years ago. I wake up in the morning having anxiety thinking about it and during the day, then gain confidence looking at other people’s stories!

My whole life I have been soooo tight with money and in a family tight with money, I’ve been talking myself around spending 11-14k for weeks, I’m emotionally accepting it then read people say they wasted there money and wish they had never.. I know it’s a situation where you have to do it to know/if you want it the money doesn’t matter. Just need someone who has been in my boat? Think it’s even more scary knowing I need a lift to, thinking of the pain and months of worrying about the implants pre op gives gives me epic butterflies ?☹️

I haven't needed a lift...…….but it did take me a long time to get to the stage of having the confidence to go through with surgery and knowing that decision was right for me. I had my BA at age 39 years old after being flat chested all of my life (except for when I breastfed my 3 kids). My advice would be to research the surgery, see a few plastic surgeons for consults and see how you feel after that. This is your body and with plastic or cosmetic surgery, you need to be sure in your decision. With anything there is risk. But to lower the risk of disappointment, it is a good idea to take your time...…...visit some surgeons...….and then go from there.

Sidenote - I am now 4 years post op and I have no regrets with getting a BA done. My confidence within myself has increased so much.

Hey lovely,

I havent had a lift so I cant share my experience with that but I have had breast augmentation and I did suffer complications 5 years post op and had to have them removed. Its almost been a year since I had them out and wont hesitate to get new implants at the 12 month mark.

Having gone through everything I did, i still do not regret my decision. I loved my breast implants and they were worth every cent.. I dont feel like i wasted my money at all, in fact it was the best money i spent.

Complications can happen, but if you are well insured with PHI then that can cover some of the cost also.

Everyone should be prepared for the fact that they will need more surgery in the future and you need to be okay with that.

I had a lift and implants and my only regret was not going bigger 

What os your concern with a lift is it the scars? Im not fussed about mine im not flashing my boobs at people so they cant see plus im old so was just happy to not have saggy boobs.

Are you sure you need a lift have you seen a few surgeons 

I have had a lift with augmentation, and almost 2 years post op. I had wanted desperately to have the procedure for 9 years, after pregnancy and weight fluctuation left me with empty D/DD sacks ? and finally bit the Bullet at 32years. For me it was a money thing also, but especially was most concerned about the scarring. Now, my only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner.. my scars are practically Invisable - you have to look very close to even see they are there (I had full anchor lift). Some days I wish I were bigger but my surgeon said if I went bigger I would risk sagging again and also be out of proportion for the natural look I wanted.

It is a lot of money (I spent $16k ) but IMO has been worth it for the confidence I have back. Do your Research and have a few consultations with different plastic surgeons to ensure you make the right decision for you 

47 minutes ago, Kenzo said:

I have had a lift with augmentation, and almost 2 years post op. I had wanted desperately to have the procedure for 9 years, after pregnancy and weight fluctuation left me with empty D/DD sacks ? and finally bit the Bullet at 32years. For me it was a money thing also, but especially was most concerned about the scarring. Now, my only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner.. my scars are practically Invisable - you have to look very close to even see they are there (I had full anchor lift). Some days I wish I were bigger but my surgeon said if I went bigger I would risk sagging again and also be out of proportion for the natural look I wanted.

It is a lot of money (I spent $16k ) but IMO has been worth it for the confidence I have back. Do your Research and have a few consultations with different plastic surgeons to ensure you make the right decision for you 

I am similar, booked for BA and BL after three babies have left me with deflated c/d cups. Do you mind me asking what your stats are and what size implants you went with? 

I am 165cm and 60kg. I am having 290cc round and am hoping to still be a c/d cup but a fuller and perkier version!! 

49 minutes ago, Kenzo said:

Also, how was your recovery post op? I have a 7, 5 and 18mth old. I will have the children with my mum for the first 5 days but then they will be with me. 

23 hours ago, Mumma_S said:

I am similar, booked for BA and BL after three babies have left me with deflated c/d cups. Do you mind me asking what your stats are and what size implants you went with? 

I am 165cm and 60kg. I am having 290cc round and am hoping to still be a c/d cup but a fuller and perkier version!! 

Also, how was your recovery post op? I have a 7, 5 and 18mth old. I will have the children with my mum for the first 5 days but then they will be with me. 

I am 174cm and now 63kg (I was about 60kg pre op) I got 310cc in my Right and 375cc in my left, to correct assymetry. Moderate profile round implants. I am now a 10E but I do not look it at all. I’ve been a natural E cup in past and they were massive compared to how mine look now. Though I am pretty tall so I think they just go with my body and they’re very natural.

I found my recovery to be a lot easier than I anticipated. I had my surgery at 7am and by 1pm I was home and up and about. The only difficulty was showering/getting out of bed first couple of days and “morning boob”. By day 5 I was more than comfortable to drive around town etc. I went back to work after 10 days and I have a active job. You may find lifting your 18 month old  a bit difficult as everything is tender and you don’t want to do any damage first couple weeks but just take it easy. My nephew was born couple weeks prior to my surgery and I spent many days during my first two weeks post op holding him and changing nappy etc 

ive attached two photos from my surgeons Instagram page. A before and after and one that shows how minimal my scars now are 

C3A5D2FF-8FCD-409F-892A-4F4958578C0E.png

16372E34-AB98-4F43-BAB8-FB9606B3B71D.png

@B lee Im in the same boat as you, anxiety wise but I force myself to remember for every BA issue that's reported, there is so many more successful operations it far exceeds the number of issues. As humans we, dare I say it..thrive on bad news and are conditioned to click on the negative bad news headlines.  Im currently struggling with the decision to go local or to Thailand and there seems to be a lot more bad stories from Thailand that scare me so I'm leaning towards local even tho the cost is so much more.