QLD star surgeon recommendations after bad boob job?

Hi there, 
I have only come across this forum today and have done a lot of reading! I am glad I did.

My story,

At the end of last year I went overseas to have a BL and BA after having 2 children. Everything went fine and I came back to Australia.
Around a month or so ago, I developed what was thought to be seroma, Last week I had to go into emergency surgery to have the lump removed.
the surgeon removed the lump as well as a good amount of breast tissue which was infected.

Yesterday, I was called back into the hospital and told that I have an Atypical micro bacteria which was most likely contracted while getting the surgery done.
The surgeon back at home has now recommended that I have both implants removed as well as a lot of the breast tissue on both breasts to remove the infection. 
As you could imagine, this is a horrible shock to me and I am very scared about all of this. Surgery is booked for the start of September in the public system.

From what I have been told, within 12 months I should be able to get my boobs fixed which will require reconstructive surgery but it will be quite invasive :(

I have spent almost 24 hours straight researching plastic and reconstructive surgeons in Queensland as well as the rest of Australia to try to get the VERY best care and outcome in the end.
I have found that it is so very hard to find legitimate reviews and recommendations as a lot of surgeons are also affiliated with cosmetic tour companies or other cosmetic surgery companies, so a lot of the details are more hype than fact.

So far I have found a few options which look good hear on the gold coast (but I really want the best of the best) so if anyone has some great recommendations I would love to hear them!
So far the doctors are: 

Dr Mark Doyal - Gold Coast (I found an article that he was being sued due to doing breast surgery without consent but have not been able to find an outcome on that)

Dr Luke Stradwick - Gold Coast ( I have read a lot about him being arrogant as well as his team, this has turned me off using him)

Dr Raja Sawhney - Director of plastic surgery at Gold Coast University Hospital and has his own clinic (He did the original emergency surgery and I have not found anything bad to say about him) - My current pick. 

Dr Craig Layt - Gold Coast (Apparently a good surgeon but have not looked into him yet)

Dr Kourosh Tavakoli -Sydney (Seems to be a high profile surgeon and almost famous in the space, but seems to have great results with his clients and is innovative)

I was wondering if I were able to get any advice on my current list as well as extremely talented surgeons in Australia no matter the expense.

This is my first post on the forum and I thank everyone in advance for any advice you are able to give!

Thank you for providing a forum like this!

Regards

Jreece

Hey there,

A good starting point would be to reach out to those clinics via email and detail your history with them - they will be able to advise whether or not 

a) they can help you

b) approximate pricing

From there you can then decide if you would like to have a consultation with them. They will be able to show you before and after image of patients with results that would be similar to what you can achieve. 
Ask to see lots of images, their experience with difficult revisional surgery etc

Hi @Jreece and welcome.  I am so sorry to hear you are going through this and it must be quite distressing for you. 

Like the Moderator said i would reach out to those surgeon's via email explaining your situation and see weather or not they will be able to help you and what type of surgeries you will need and costing estimate.  You will also find on here legitimate reviews from girls that have been through some of these  surgeon's in  the find a clinician tab.  

I wish you all the luck with your research and please do keep me posted on how you go. ?

Hi @Jreece I am so sorry to hear you have had such a horrible experience, clearly you must be suffering both physically and emotionally. Firstly, we are here to offer you any support you need on what will be a long and arduous journey for you. So please post anytime or private message if you need support. The girls on here are very supportive and a (virtual) shoulder to cry on when you need.

I can't help with surgeon recommendations, but I do endorse the views of the Moderator and @I HaveBoobs. The surgeon who did your emergency surgery and is the head of plastic surgery at a major hospital and is your first pick is definitely worth exploring more. The main question for any surgeon is their expertise in breast reconstruction surgery (surgeons have different specialities, of which I am sure you are aware). 

Dr Tavakoli has had lots of great reviews and girls here can give you feedback. However, if you can find a reputable and experienced surgeon at home that may be best as they are available whenever you need for any follow up. And as your case is quite complex, you do not want to be flying back and forth to Sydney.

Please ensure you only speak with qualified and very experienced plastic surgeons, make sure they are not cosmetic surgeons.

Take care hun...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I would suggest a Sydney surgeon like Tavolki (sorry not sure if that’s how you spell it)   I had a lift with implant with Layt. I had 3 surgeries in 2 years and to me they still look terrible! I also found him to be arrogant and not caring if your happy or not. I wish I went to Sydney now. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 7:49 PM, Jreece said:

Hi there, 
I have only come across this forum today and have done a lot of reading! I am glad I did.

My story,

At the end of last year I went overseas to have a BL and BA after having 2 children. Everything went fine and I came back to Australia.
Around a month or so ago, I developed what was thought to be seroma, Last week I had to go into emergency surgery to have the lump removed.
the surgeon removed the lump as well as a good amount of breast tissue which was infected.

Yesterday, I was called back into the hospital and told that I have an Atypical micro bacteria which was most likely contracted while getting the surgery done.
The surgeon back at home has now recommended that I have both implants removed as well as a lot of the breast tissue on both breasts to remove the infection. 
As you could imagine, this is a horrible shock to me and I am very scared about all of this. Surgery is booked for the start of September in the public system.

From what I have been told, within 12 months I should be able to get my boobs fixed which will require reconstructive surgery but it will be quite invasive :(

I have spent almost 24 hours straight researching plastic and reconstructive surgeons in Queensland as well as the rest of Australia to try to get the VERY best care and outcome in the end.
I have found that it is so very hard to find legitimate reviews and recommendations as a lot of surgeons are also affiliated with cosmetic tour companies or other cosmetic surgery companies, so a lot of the details are more hype than fact.

So far I have found a few options which look good hear on the gold coast (but I really want the best of the best) so if anyone has some great recommendations I would love to hear them!
So far the doctors are: 

Dr Mark Doyal - Gold Coast (I found an article that he was being sued due to doing breast surgery without consent but have not been able to find an outcome on that)

Dr Luke Stradwick - Gold Coast ( I have read a lot about him being arrogant as well as his team, this has turned me off using him)

Dr Raja Sawhney - Director of plastic surgery at Gold Coast University Hospital and has his own clinic (He did the original emergency surgery and I have not found anything bad to say about him) - My current pick. 

Dr Craig Layt - Gold Coast (Apparently a good surgeon but have not looked into him yet)

Dr Kourosh Tavakoli -Sydney (Seems to be a high profile surgeon and almost famous in the space, but seems to have great results with his clients and is innovative)

I was wondering if I were able to get any advice on my current list as well as extremely talented surgeons in Australia no matter the expense.

This is my first post on the forum and I thank everyone in advance for any advice you are able to give!

Thank you for providing a forum like this!

Regards

Jreece

You should consider looking into Dr Matthew Peters. he heads up a breast clinic in brisbane and does lots of reconstructive breast work.