Jump to content

BA in Gold Coast/Brisbane !! Help me decide


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I am based on the Gold Coast and looking to do a BA either late this year or early this year. Willing to travel to Brisbane as well.

So far these are the places I am looking into.

Dr Ian Chinsee - through Esteem Cosmetic Studio ($5,500)

CosmediTour/Breast Academy (varies from $5,000-8,000)

Dr Mark Kohout - through Australian Cosmetic Clinics ($7,500)

Dr Eddie Cheng - through AR Plastic Surgery Brisbane. (supposedly $8,300 however website advertises as $10,500)

Dr Ian Chinsee is based at both Esteem Cosmetic Studio ($5,500) and Australian Cosmetic Clinics ($7,500). Any idea why the price difference is so huge?

Any recommendations or positive/negative reviews please let me know!

☺️

Link to post
Share on other sites

@isabellagrace77 I'm booked in with dr Richardson in December :) obviously can't give you a review of my experience yet in terms of outcome but I am really confident in his work based on photos and during consultation! I compared to a lot of other surgeons in brissy and he is who I decided on, there are a few really good ones but I felt most comfortable and confident with him :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tori14 said:

@isabellagrace77 I'm booked in with dr Richardson in December :) obviously can't give you a review of my experience yet in terms of outcome but I am really confident in his work based on photos and during consultation! I compared to a lot of other surgeons in brissy and he is who I decided on, there are a few really good ones but I felt most comfortable and confident with him :)

How much does he charge? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, isabellagrace77 said:

How much does he charge?

Well I am a bit more of a complex case (I have a significant asymmetry - my right boob is size A and left is size C). I had a couple of options - unilateral augmentation to match the bigger boob, which I was quoted around $6k (which is a very fair price compared to other surgeons including ones on your list who were still quoting me $10k+ for doing half the work!) or bilateral augmentation with different sized implants to make them both bigger but even them out in the process (luckily I don't need a lift for the bigger one) which I was quoted $11k (but will be $10k after my Medicare rebate for asymmetry). So this may not be reflective of what you would get quoted if you are a more straight forward case - I think I've heard other girls paying more around the $9-10k mark but unsure. For me I would rather save a bit longer and pay a bit more to get exactly what I want with a surgeon who has an excellent reputation who I feel confident with :) I agree with @JD*'s saying, if price is an issue then better to wait a bit longer to save a bit more to make sure you get the best outcome. I would definitely recommend having a consultation with him to find out more, he has Instagram too and a Facebook group (the dr Phil society) his work looks great!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tori14 said:

Well I am a bit more of a complex case (I have a significant asymmetry - my right boob is size A and left is size C). I had a couple of options - unilateral augmentation to match the bigger boob, which I was quoted around $6k (which is a very fair price compared to other surgeons including ones on your list who were still quoting me $10k+ for doing half the work!) or bilateral augmentation with different sized implants to make them both bigger but even them out in the process (luckily I don't need a lift for the bigger one) which I was quoted $11k (but will be $10k after my Medicare rebate for asymmetry). So this may not be reflective of what you would get quoted if you are a more straight forward case - I think I've heard other girls paying more around the $9-10k mark but unsure. For me I would rather save a bit longer and pay a bit more to get exactly what I want with a surgeon who has an excellent reputation who I feel confident with :) I agree with @JD*'s saying, if price is an issue then better to wait a bit longer to save a bit more to make sure you get the best outcome. I would definitely recommend having a consultation with him to find out more, he has Instagram too and a Facebook group (the dr Phil society) his work looks great!

Thank you for that, was really helpful! Did you have a consultation with Dr Cheng as well? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@isabellagrace77 no I didn't but he was next on my list if I hadn't been happy with Dr R! I saw Dr Richardson and just thought yep he's the one, don't need to see anyone else :) and I booked in. I think I had kind of made my mind up even prior to seeing him after reading so many positive reviews and seeing so many photos of great outcomes for both straight forward cases and for girls with revisions and asymmetry so I knew he could handle my issue. Also my GP specifically recommended him due to his good reputation so that was another big factor. Prior to seeing him, I mainly had lots of online consultations as I live on the sunny coast and couldn't line up time off work to drive down, so I can't say what anyone else is like in person! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chook81 said:

Hi @isabellagrace77, I’m booked in for an augmentation with Dr Cheng in December this year. I was very comfortable with him in my consultation, he was very thorough and I feel like his results speak for themselves (you can see a lot of his before and afters on the AR Plastic Surgery Instagram or Facebook pages). 

How much did he quote you? :) if you don't mind me asking, and were you a normal case?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, isabellagrace77 said:

How much did he quote you? :) if you don't mind me asking, and were you a normal case?

I’ve been quoted just over $10k but that’s for the motiva ergonomix implants which are more expensive (about $2k extra I think?) than mentor smooth round. I am a borderline case, I could do a lift and a smaller implant or a just a bigger implant only and seeing as I had dd’s before kids I’m kind of looking to get somewhere back in that range anyway so just implants only it will be for me ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chook81 said:

I’ve been quoted just over $10k but that’s for the motiva ergonomix implants which are more expensive (about $2k extra I think?) than mentor smooth round. I am a borderline case, I could do a lift and a smaller implant or a just a bigger implant only and seeing as I had dd’s before kids I’m kind of looking to get somewhere back in that range anyway so just implants only it will be for me ?

Yes I think I will definitely go see him for a consultation, do you know if he was fully booked out until December for surgery? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, isabellagrace77 said:

Yes I think I will definitely go see him for a consultation, do you know if he was fully booked out until December for surgery? :)

I’m not exactly sure if he is booked out for December but I only actually called and booked in my surgery last month and I think they still had spots available. Dr Cheng operates on tuesdays each week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Chook81 said:

I’m not exactly sure if he is booked out for December but I only actually called and booked in my surgery last month and I think they still had spots available. Dr Cheng operates on tuesdays each week. 

I just made a consultation to see him in October, looking forward to it :) they seem like they can squeeze you in for the surgery as well if you really want it ASAP!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...