BAM

How long does pain and discomfort last? For those that didn’t bounce back quickly 🙂

I’m about 8 weeks post op and I’m still uncomfortable and having burning pain in my chest. Unfortunately I have a rotor cuff injury on top as due to the muscle tightness in my back and arms after surgery I hurt myself. Apart from that though, I’m wondering how long to expect discomfort for? Just in terms of the pec muscles and healing post op. I also have one side that has a ridge at the top and just looks really fake compared to how the other side has healed. Today it’s just starting to get to me and I’m really unsure if all this healing and pain was all worth it, need a bit of light at the end of the tunnel I think! 

Hey girly, I can’t give you an exact time frame but my left breast went through that burning pain and was quite high and very tight for about 8 months. However, I honestly think the muscle should’ve been released more so it took AGES. I’ve heard of some women take about 3 months and another’s take 15 months to fully heal. Just be patient and follow your post op instructions, and if you’re worried about something definitely contact your surgeon :) 

Hey Bam i agree with Kimba14 its different for everyone,  for me about the 3 month mark i was starting to feel more human  and my left breast was the stubborn one  (and I'm right handed ) it took a good 6 months to catch up to the right and even out and it took about that long for them to feel like my own and not foreign objects, is the pain/discomfort you mention mainly in the morning like a tight stiffness in the boob/ chest and then seams to settle as the day goes on, if so thats morning boob hun and very normal and this too can last for a good 3 months po,  it feels like it's not going to get better but please believe me it will and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I akso think the injury to your shoulder isn't helping as the pain from that will only be amplifying the discomfort. Be kind to yourself you have had major surgery and it takes months to heal and i will also add that if you are really concerned then please speak with your sergeon 😘

Your rotor cuff injury would definitely be adding quite a bit to your pain. I found the nerve regeneration pain was up to 4 months post op for me and then I got it again at the 9 month mark. If the pain is becoming unbearable, I would be seeing your surgeon and going to a physio. I really hope things settle for you very soon. x

Wow thank ladies, I was expecting to feel more or less back to normal by 8 weeks. My shoulder is definitely wearing me down but the pain on my left side is unrelated. I have been able to go back to decent exercise in the last 2 weeks which is awesome but the ongoing pain is starting to get me down. It’s good to hear that more time isn’t unusual for discomfort to linger, most things I’ve read make it seem like patients bounce back really quickly. Although I guess if you went through this before kids and with youth on your side it would be an easier recovery. 

How are you feeling now chicky has the shoulder injury pain gotten any better. Glad to hear you have been able to get back to exercising more, the endorfins from that will make you feel better for sure. 

Trying to ignore it all and focus on other things, considering booking a massage to take my mind off healing and relax from the inside out! 

37 minutes ago, BAM said:

Trying to ignore it all and focus on other things, considering booking a massage to take my mind off healing and relax from the inside out! 

Sounds like a good idea it could help ease the shoulderpain also. FYI i take a small pillow with me to but just under my boobs it takes the pressure off your chest making it more comfortable to lay down on those hard tables.