Asymmetrical cheeks

Hello everyone, there’s something wrong with my face and this bothers me a lot. I know nobody has a perfectly symmetrical face but something is really wrong with my face. For some reason, my cheeks really look different from each other as my left cheeks is a lot fuller and kind of shorter than my right cheek as well. Why are my cheeks so different from each other? I have recently been diagnosed with overbite and crowded teeth, can these two problems with my jaw/teeth cause my cheeks to be so asymmetrical? Or the reason is another?

Thank you in advance for your help.

BC176A68-DF0D-4281-82D3-031E2B6BEB1D.png

B74DE3E6-9E90-45F2-BF81-3587E21A0599.jpeg

I agree with pink butterfly my sister has a similar situation and is having her teeth /jaw re positioned,  her orthodontist said it would significantly change the shape of her face for the better. I would suggest you obtain a couple of consultations first and do some research about corrective dental surgery that way you are well informed.  Good luck and let us know how you go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 1:27 PM, I HaveBoobs said:

Hi @Sm1997 just wondering how you're going with your research,  have you hd any luck.

Hi, sorry about the late, the thing is that I’m always so busy and I don’t always have the time to check the forums online. I actually went to see a dentist about a year ago and he referred me to an orthodontist and I’m still waiting for the appointment because, here where I live, it takes a very long time, even more than a year, to be seen by an orthodontist. The dentist said I will most likely get a double jaw surgery done so you saying your sister will have something similar takes my interest because I’m very scared of getting, one day, this surgery done and I need advices from someone who is going through the same thing. Do you have an email so that I can ask a couple of things?

@Sm1997 i will ask her  as dont want to give out her email without her ok and let you know saap but i know it's costing her about 18/20 thousand australian dollars for the 3 stage surgeries and dental work, and im pretty sure she said the last one  (stage) she will need to have her bottom jaw broken and re- set to make it sit right with the newly shaped top jaw. Which made cringe as it sounded very painful.  

9 hours ago, I HaveBoobs said:

@Sm1997 i will ask her  as dont want to give out her email without her ok and let you know saap but i know it's costing her about 18/20 thousand australian dollars for the 3 stage surgeries and dental work, and im pretty sure she said the last one  (stage) she will need to have her bottom jaw broken and re- set to make it sit right with the newly shaped top jaw. Which made cringe as it sounded very painful.  

I didn’t ask for her email but yours lol but anyway, money wise I don’t know how much I would need to spend but I’m really scared about the surgery itself because I watched some YouTube videos and some people say that the side effects can be pretty annoying and long lasting. Did she tell you anything about the numbness?

6 hours ago, Sm1997 said:

I didn’t ask for her email but yours lol but anyway, money wise I don’t know how much I would need to spend but I’m really scared about the surgery itself because I watched some YouTube videos and some people say that the side effects can be pretty annoying and long lasting. Did she tell you anything about the numbness?

Instagram would be another great way to research this procedure. There are thousands of accounts documenting people’s journey with jaw surgery. 

• 2 weeks later...