How did work colleagues react?

Hi all!

I'm having a BA and BL in about 6 weeks. I've got 3 weeks off work afterwards to recuperate ?

Am wondering how my work colleagues will react when I get back as I don't have much of a chest at the moment so I'll say it will probably be fairly obvious! I work in the construction industry (I don't do manual labour - more office based) so have no idea if anyone will even say anything to me about it as they might feel a bit awkward ?

Did your work colleagues notice? If so, did anyone say anything? 

Interested to hear others' experiences! 

1 hour ago, Frankie* said:

Hi all!

I'm having a BA and BL in about 6 weeks. I've got 3 weeks off work afterwards to recuperate ?

Am wondering how my work colleagues will react when I get back as I don't have much of a chest at the moment so I'll say it will probably be fairly obvious! I work in the construction industry (I don't do manual labour - more office based) so have no idea if anyone will even say anything to me about it as they might feel a bit awkward ?

Did your work colleagues notice? If so, did anyone say anything? 

Interested to hear others' experiences! 

Hey hun, it depends on how you dress and if you are showing off the new girls a bit. I had nothing much to start with either and thought it would be noticeable. No-one at work commented and I thought that no-one really noticed until I was talking with a girlfriend/colleague and she said "oh hell yeah I noticed, but didn't like to say anything if you didn't want to tell me" She said that it was a big (hahaha) difference and easy to spot in close fitting clothes/tops and lower cut tops/dresses ? ?

Hey @Frankie* I work in construction as well (on the tools though) and am nervous about the same thing, wondering how the boys onsite will react. I go in on Wednesday so this week I told some of the guys we work with regularly and they were all really nice about it so hopefully everyones not super weird haha. 

Have you told anyone your going in? Or you just going to show up with a lovely new rack ? ?

9 hours ago, sabP said:

Hey hun, it depends on how you dress and if you are showing off the new girls a bit. I had nothing much to start with either and thought it would be noticeable. No-one at work commented and I thought that no-one really noticed until I was talking with a girlfriend/colleague and she said "oh hell yeah I noticed, but didn't like to say anything if you didn't want to tell me" She said that it was a big (hahaha) difference and easy to spot in close fitting clothes/tops and lower cut tops/dresses ? ?

We are generally fairly casual so usually I wear a tshirt or sometimes a shirt if we have a client meeting (really pushing the boat out ?)  

All of our staff are male - so we will see what happens!

Hahaha that's both funny and really lovely that your work gf noticed but didn't bring it up initially with you!

2 hours ago, SunnyCoast said:

Hey @Frankie* I work in construction as well (on the tools though) and am nervous about the same thing, wondering how the boys onsite will react. I go in on Wednesday so this week I told some of the guys we work with regularly and they were all really nice about it so hopefully everyones not super weird haha. 

Have you told anyone your going in? Or you just going to show up with a lovely new rack ? ?

Oh that's awesome that you were able to tell he guys you work with regularly! I have only been in my current job a few months so although I'm friendly with all the guys, they still don't KNOW me know me, if you know what I mean.. so I think they'd feel weird asking. I haven't told any of them! Even my boss (also an old-skool kind of bloke, and always afraid of saying the wrong thing to me because I'm a female ?).. 

My surgery is on 23 Dec, so I'll just show up back at work like nothing has happened, I guess haha. 

How long are you taking off work after the surgery, since you're on the tools? Do you need to take longer? 

Hi @Frankie* i work in a hair salon part time and the rest a fitness instructor and PT i told the girls i work with in the salon as we are all pretty close (good friends ) that i was having my boobs done so they didn't really overly react when i got back to work except to say that they looked good and in proportion,  the Gym i work at well a few people knew mainly my group Fitness manager and my PT manager and some of my work colleagues,  when i returned after taking my recovery break a male member had asked me if i had "a little work done" and i said yes can you tell ? he said oh yes and winked at me , it didn't bother me as i know him quite well (he has been a member for years) but i guess it's how you dress them when im in the salon i kinda dress them down so it dos'nt look obvious that I've had them done but in my gym gear is another story its a bit hard to dress them down, i have had a few stares from new male members but like i said it dos'nt really bother me  (i paid good money for my boobs and didnt want to have to hide them all the time ) 

@Frankie* I own the business so can take the rest of the year off the tools but still in the office managing everyone. Doc said 3 weeks and I can go back to work...I am assuming hes never done a 9 hour day pushing a trowel around ?

As @I HaveBoobs said, blokes will notice but hopefully their gentlemen about it and notice but dont behave like immature douchebags. It made me smile imagining you showing up like ‘what...oh yea my boobs are huge now, no biggie’ hahah 

Just own it baby and dont let any negative nellys make you feel bad, their just jelly!

@SunnyCoast oh that's awesome that you can take the rest of the year off the tools! Wowee 3 weeks seems like a short time!! 

Oh yeah I have no issue at all telling them about it if they happened to say something, but because we're still at the 'getting to know you' new staff stage, I can't bring myself to randomly tell them ?

Interesting to hear others' experiences ?