Recovery support from your partner, how much time off do they need?

Hello lovelies!

I am booked in for a bilateral mastopexy and breast augmentation on March the 7th 2019 YAY!

My husband and I are just working out how much time he will need to take off to help me with my recovery?

Like how long until I will be able to get myself in and out of bed or anything else that I just won’t be able to manage on my own? Like a few days... or weeks...etc?

We plan on getting his parents to help with our three kids but how long will I need help with the really up close and personal stuff for me?

Tanks in advance gals xx

My partner took two weeks off. I’m 8 days post op and was fine getting in and out of bed for the first couple days after surgery, just took it easy with my movement that’s all. From then on, it got a lot easier. ☺️

I didn’t need my partner’s assistance physically, except for helping me remove the marks from my upper arms from surgery..that was it. He just deals with the kids, household and preparing food etc :) 

My hubby only took 4-5 days off as they were under staffed at the time but like @JD* said getting in and out of bed i was fine and even going to the toilet was fine, awkward but fine, tie your hair up as you won't be able to wash it for the first week but i did need help with the household things like the washing,  vacuuming opening jars ect and running the kids to their various sporting/ dance lessons as you wont be able to drive for a week.