So I had my ba around a year ago just at the end of Nov. Everything has been really good healing wise and I've been very happy. Today I noticed that my right breast looks a different shape and seems more rounded up top then usual. . After moving around and feeling I'm almost certain it has rotated. I'm just so upset at this point. My surgeon said he had never had a rotation before and I felt confident that it would be okay. 

I have an appointment to see what's happening but im so nervous about having another surgery.. the first time around was hell. Also I've had so many unexpected costs lately with vet bills ECT i can't really afford it. 

Just wanting some sound advice from anyone that's been through this. I almost feel like I could move it back into place if I had to (obviously I won't ?- wish it was that easy)

19 minutes ago, elleg said:

So I had my ba around a year ago just at the end of Nov. Everything has been really good healing wise and I've been very happy. Today I noticed that my right breast looks a different shape and seems more rounded up top then usual. . After moving around and feeling I'm almost certain it has rotated. I'm just so upset at this point. My surgeon said he had never had a rotation before and I felt confident that it would be okay. 

I have an appointment to see what's happening but im so nervous about having another surgery.. the first time around was hell. Also I've had so many unexpected costs lately with vet bills ECT i can't really afford it. 

Just wanting some sound advice from anyone that's been through this. I almost feel like I could move it back into place if I had to (obviously I won't ?- wish it was that easy)

Oh no! I think we had the same surgeon too and I’m almost 12 months too and having issues (issues that were very obvious early on) and getting nowhere with him. I’ve booked in with Tony Connell instead. 

You are now the 3rd person this week that has developed issues 1 year Po with him! 

I know! I think a lot of people who do have complications are too embarrassed to talk about it. 

I was so disappointed with how it ended up! This was my experience when I went to talk to him about a revision: When I went back to talk about it (was only a few  of weeks ago) he said in his consult room that he would fix it and put smaller implants in at minimal cost (2 surgeries over 3 months to let the skin reattach to the sternum) when we went out to Jo he told her (actually he whispered to her because the waiting room was full) to give me a quote for the procedure. Jo said she would email it to me by the end of the week. The end of the week came and went so I emailed her and asked her if she had perhaps forgotten all about it and if she had managed to get the quote sorted. The reply and I quote was “No” that’s it, no Hi, no sorry nothing, just NO. 

I did eventually get the quote a few days later, and the only thing that was on it was the removal, which was still $1500 and had a Medicare number attached. When I asked about the rest of the procedure (reimplanting smaller implants) she sent me a photocopy of the pricing list that gets handed to you when you book your initial appt, so they want me to pay the full price for his mistake. 

I replied asking for her to please speak to Sam as that is not what was discussed while I was there and to clarify the pricing, I haven’t heard back yet and that was over A week ago. 

I hope you have more luck as you may not need new implants, just going in and putting it back to where it’s meant to be. May be an easier fix than mine! 

That's not a very good way to treat a patient. Its always a worry after you have paid them the big bucks how they treat you if something does go wrong (especially considering it appears to be surgeon error) . I really hope for your sake that they sort this out for you! 

I'm so worried I think I may chicken out and cancel my appointment ? part of me just wants to pretend there is nothing wrong. Its not immediately noticeable but there is a flat spot and more rounded at the top. ? I can feel something like an edge near my nipple so that definitely shouldnt be there. 

41 minutes ago, elleg said:

That's not a very good way to treat a patient. Its always a worry after you have paid them the big bucks how they treat you if something does go wrong (especially considering it appears to be surgeon error) . I really hope for your sake that they sort this out for you! 

I'm so worried I think I may chicken out and cancel my appointment ? part of me just wants to pretend there is nothing wrong. Its not immediately noticeable but there is a flat spot and more rounded at the top. ? I can feel something like an edge near my nipple so that definitely shouldnt be there. 

I won’t be going back now. The trust is completely gone. I would be so scared that I would end up botched again. 

Pretty sure @I HaveBoobs thinks hers may be rotating as well ?

Hi @elleg  we had our surgeries a few weeks apart  and yes i think i may have a rotated left implant too as it has not looked right from 5 wpo (i went back through all my po pics and i could see the shape change at the 5 wk mark ) my left implant has sat lower than my right for months and has always felt different from the right , i have had a very dull pressure sensation behind the nipple which is nit painful but it's the only way i can describe the feeling and it seams to be more noticeable during exercise which is my job so most of the time (i have been very careful not to do anything that directly affects my chest and modified all of my chest exercises to avoid this) i too am not comfortable in going back to see our surgeon as i feel i will be treated in the same manner as @Stemschicky  , i plan on making an appointment with Rd Connell next year to see what has happened and what can be done to fix it. Like you i wanted round implants to begin with for fear of rotation but was talked into anatomical as he said it would better suit my anatomy as im sure you got the same speil . 

I am sorry to hear that your implant has rotated to. 

1 hour ago, Stemschicky said:

I won’t be going back now. The trust is completely gone. I would be so scared that I would end up botched again. 

Pretty sure @I HaveBoobs thinks hers may be rotating as well ?

That's really awful. Is your revision going to be covered at all by Medicare?

It makes me mad that we didn't choose a cheap cosmetic surgeon. He is a plastic surgeon!

2 minutes ago, I HaveBoobs said:

Hi @elleg  we had our surgeries a few weeks apart  and yes i think i may have a rotated left implant too as it has not looked right from 5 wpo (i went back through all my po pics and i could see the shape change at the 5 wk mark ) my left implant has sat lower than my right for months and has always felt different from the right , i have had a very dull pressure sensation behind the nipple which is nit painful but it's the only way i can describe the feeling and it seams to be more noticeable during exercise which is my job so most of the time (i have been very careful not to do anything that directly affects my chest and modified all of my chest exercises to avoid this) i too am not comfortable in going back to see our surgeon as i feel i will be treated in the same manner as @Stemschicky  , i plan on making an appointment with Rd Connell next year to see what has happened and what can be done to fix it. Like you i wanted round implants to begin with for fear of rotation but was talked into anatomical as he said it would better suit my anatomy as im sure you got the same speil . 

I am sorry to hear that your implant has rotated to. 

I really wanted rounds because I hAve had immediate family member that died of cancer at a young age and the risk of lymphoma was worrying.

he was very keen on the anatomical... He let me make the choice but made them sound so much better and even said he had never had a rotation. I'm thinking perhaps that wasn't true ?

Until today I haven't had any issues except for discomfort side sleeping which I assumed was normal. I'll try to get some photos and see if you ladies can pick where the issue is ?

If you look at my po pics you can see my left one looks a little different at about the 5 w mark and its also my bigger breast, i was told that rounds had a higher chance of bottoming out with my fitness profession and that anatomical were textured and would stay in place better , then when i asked about rotation he also said that he hasn'that one rotate on him yet (his words),  i hav'nt had a problem with side sleeping but it did take me a while to be able to sleep on my side, about 4/ 5 months po i think. 

Please keep us posted on what he says in your next visit. 

49 minutes ago, elleg said:

That's really awful. Is your revision going to be covered at all by Medicare?

It makes me mad that we didn't choose a cheap cosmetic surgeon. He is a plastic surgeon!

I really wanted rounds because I hAve had immediate family member that died of cancer at a young age and the risk of lymphoma was worrying.

he was very keen on the anatomical... He let me make the choice but made them sound so much better and even said he had never had a rotation. I'm thinking perhaps that wasn't true ?

Until today I haven't had any issues except for discomfort side sleeping which I assumed was normal. I'll try to get some photos and see if you ladies can pick where the issue is ?

@elleg I don’t think anything is covered by Medicare or private health anymore, I think a lot of those things that were able to be claimed were dropped in Oct this year. I’ve searched high and low and a lot of private health now won’t insure for anything to do with cosmetic surgery unless it was medically needed. I don’t know if they class revisions as a medical thing or a cosmetic thing, hopefully someone who knows can fill us in? 

42 minutes ago, I HaveBoobs said:

If you look at my po pics you can see my left one looks a little different at about the 5 w mark and its also my bigger breast, i was told that rounds had a higher chance of bottoming out with my fitness profession and that anatomical were textured and would stay in place better , then when i asked about rotation he also said that he hasn'that one rotate on him yet (his words),  i hav'nt had a problem with side sleeping but it did take me a while to be able to sleep on my side, about 4/ 5 months po i think. 

Please keep us posted on what he says in your next visit. 

I’ve never been comfortable with mine, I think it due to their size, I have always had aches and pains, and I remember the feeling of the skin coming away which was painful, but was told it’s normal to have aches and pains after surgery  so I didn’t worry too much about it, thinking it would all settle down. 

3 minutes ago, Stemschicky said:

Edited by Stemschicky

I can see what you mean I have boobs ? mine is looking more oval shaped than round at the moment ?

Does anyone have any idea about going from dual plane anatomical to rounds? 

If it were a straight swap that would be a little better to deal with. I'm wondering weather the comfort would be different with a squishy implant ?

I'm not sure I really want to go back to him either ?

@Stemschicky I never had pain as such but discomfort dull prodding sensations. When I first had them done it felt like Cottonwool moving around inside ... It was a not very nice feeling. 

Yes i can see what you mean @elleg while mine dosn't look like that it dose look a different shape to my right breast, yes i think it might have rotated . Ok so now what do we do ladies.  @TheFox @Moderator not sure where to go from here with all the changes to private health / Medicare is anything covered regarding revision surgery as i cant seem to find much. 

2 hours ago, elleg said:

I can see what you mean I have boobs ? mine is looking more oval shaped than round at the moment ?

Does anyone have any idea about going from dual plane anatomical to rounds? 

If it were a straight swap that would be a little better to deal with. I'm wondering weather the comfort would be different with a squishy implant ?

I'm not sure I really want to go back to him either ?

@Stemschicky I never had pain as such but discomfort dull prodding sensations. When I first had them done it felt like Cottonwool moving around inside ... It was a not very nice feeling. 

This is most likely the route I will take too. From textured anatomicals to round smooth and a smaller size. 

Thanks ?im a bit relieved that it seems to have gone back into place but I'm very aware now I need to be super careful.  I have a 8 month old staffy. He is a little keg on legs and loves his toys. You can grab one and he will hang on to it and won't let go so you end up swinging him around with his weight on the end of it. Must have been enough to open up and make the implant shift ? I have lifted many things like hay bales and boxes(never had an issue) as I'm over a year now I thought that would be ok but obviously not. I did stipulate that I ride horses and need to use my upper body. I don't lift weights or do any gym work so that wasn't an issue. 

17 hours ago, Stemschicky said:

@elleg I don’t think anything is covered by Medicare or private health anymore, I think a lot of those things that were able to be claimed were dropped in Oct this year. I’ve searched high and low and a lot of private health now won’t insure for anything to do with cosmetic surgery unless it was medically needed. I don’t know if they class revisions as a medical thing or a cosmetic thing, hopefully someone who knows can fill us in? 

I don’t think Medicare or private health insurance covers anything cosmetic anymore. It has to be a medical issue such as a rupture now I believe. And even then, it’s limited. It’s upsetting, but I can understand why with the number of revisions people are needing especially women getting botched overseas. I basically mainly upped my private health for when I got implants years ago. Looking at dropping my coverage now ?

7 hours ago, elleg said:

Thanks ?im a bit relieved that it seems to have gone back into place but I'm very aware now I need to be super careful.  I have a 8 month old staffy. He is a little keg on legs and loves his toys. You can grab one and he will hang on to it and won't let go so you end up swinging him around with his weight on the end of it. Must have been enough to open up and make the implant shift ? I have lifted many things like hay bales and boxes(never had an issue) as I'm over a year now I thought that would be ok but obviously not. I did stipulate that I ride horses and need to use my upper body. I don't lift weights or do any gym work so that wasn't an issue. 

That’s so strange that it appeared to rotate and then went back again! Especially at 12 months post op. I thought anatomicals kind of adhered to the tissue around them (due to the texture) and therefore didn’t move around much. Does it feel completely back to normal now? 

Funny you should say that,  as mine seams to do the same thing,  some days it looks worse and others it almost looks normal,  i wonder if the pocket is a little to big and thats why it moves around but being textured thought they were ment to stay in place. . I did look at your photos and i can see thst it looks better in your seccond pic. 

1 hour ago, Mumma-K said:

That’s so strange that it appeared to rotate and then went back again! Especially at 12 months post op. I thought anatomicals kind of adhered to the tissue around them (due to the texture) and therefore didn’t move around much. Does it feel completely back to normal now? 

It does feel pretty much back to normal. The thing is now I'm looking for a problem I will always see a slight difference (which was there prior to surgery!)

1 hour ago, I HaveBoobs said:

Funny you should say that,  as mine seams to do the same thing,  some days it looks worse and others it almost looks normal,  i wonder if the pocket is a little to big and thats why it moves around but being textured thought they were ment to stay in place. . I did look at your photos and i can see thst it looks better in your seccond pic. 

Mine haven't changed much until now but this is probably the first bit of real tension on my arm ?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BAM said:

Wow, I just found this thread, I’ve been concerned about the difference of mine for  awhile (same dr, approx 6 months post now) I am worried that one is either rotated, contracted or something. It sits a different shape and is a lot more full on top. I also still have pain, more on that side and behind the nipple. I have been wondering if this is normal so have been planning to make an appointment in the new year. Can I please see photos of others concerns to compare? I will try and take one of my issue later. I’m worried now that I’ve found this thread, I haven’t seen any feedback of concern before until this, just that problems are slightly similar is worrying. Also glad that I found it though! 

Hi love I'm pretty sure we are friends on this site so you should be able to go back through and look at my progress pics,  as for my boob all seems to be ok atm ,  its still a  it different to my right breast and sits lower but so far (toutch wood) it seems to be behaving but yes mine has always felt different right from the start , my right breast completely feels like a part of me like i dont even know i have an implant but my left i can still feel a foreign object so to speak but that might be normal im not sure. 

If you send Stemschicky and elleg a FR and they accept you will be able to see their galkary pics. 

9 hours ago, BAM said:

I’ve felt the same, one is great, other is not. A lot smaller and I have more fullness at the top than bottom, why I’m wondering if it’s moved.

Out of curiosity how is a rotation diagnosed? Ultrasound? If there is a rotated implant does Medicare have a number for repair? 

Hey hun,  Yours does sound like it may be rotated. Medicare and other health funds no longer cover any BA related surgeries (unless it's for breast reconstruction post breast cancer/mastectomy). They stopped coverage in October, sorry to have to tell you that :(

@BAM when trying to find some info on rotated implants ( and there's not a lot) most people describe a pressure like feeling behind the nipple and the obvious which is the breast looks an odd shape,  i have had this pressure type feeling behind my nipple from about 2mpo and it comes and goes my breast did look a little different but now it looks ok-ish just looks like its sits a little more outward than central if you know what I mean . I think an ultrasound is the best way to see if it has rotated and i dont think any cosmetic surgery even revision surgery is covered any more .