Jamball

Consultation with Dr Moradi / Dr Hunt / Dr Mayson

Hi all,

I'm a long time browser of the site and a first-time poster. Ive been interested in augmentation surgery for years now and I finally feel ready to make a move forward in my journey.

I've called a few clinics and have found Dr Mayson, Dr Hunt and Dr Moradi to be in my top 3. I haven't booked in a consult with either of these Dr's yet as I am so unsure! Does anyone have experience with these Dr's? I'm leaning towards Dr Moradi because his staff seem so helpful and his work looks amazing but I was a little concerned that his consult time was only 30 mins in length? Dr Mayson's consult was quoted to take 2 hours and 30 mins seems so short in comparison considering this is life changing surgery!

Looking for any help possible :) 

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

I have never met Dr Mayson but 2 hour sounds like a long time for a consult. Does this include the sizing up etc which can take some time?

I have personally met Dr Hunt and Dr Moradi and can say they are both really friendly and very nice. 

If money permits, I would suggest having a consult with 2 or all of them so you can know for sure which one has the approach you like.

Also look at pictures of their work and make sure they align with your goals.

Hi and welcome,  2 hours dose seem like a long appointment and like TheFox mentioned it may include the sizing you up and filling out some of the paperwork.  I also had 3 consults each took around 45 mins to an hour (so if funds permit I'd see all 3 surgeons to see who you like the best )  the consult  coverd all the pros and cons of having a BA and any possible complications length of surgery what to expect ect,  you will also get to ask all of your questions an any concerns and look at goal pictures,  you will normally be sent home with a lot of information which you will ned time to read and let sink in then you will go back the next week for your sizing and booking /confirming surgery dates. ☺

Thanks so much for your replies, this is such a helpful and friendly forum :)

I'd like to see all 3 but at $300 for each consult I think I can only afford to see 2. I'm leaning towards Dr Hunt and Dr Moradi because they seem extremely friendly from what I have read so far. 

The 2 hour consult includes a 45 min video of the procedure, as well as meeting with Dr Mayson

All consults include a sizing.

I'm still in early stages of planning and researching, there's so much information to take in :p

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Jamball said:

Thanks so much for your replies, this is such a helpful and friendly forum :)

I'd like to see all 3 but at $300 for each consult I think I can only afford to see 2. I'm leaning towards Dr Hunt and Dr Moradi because they seem extremely friendly from what I have read so far. 

The 2 hour consult includes a 45 min video of the procedure, as well as meeting with Dr Mayson

All consults include a sizing.

I'm still in early stages of planning and researching, there's so much information to take in :p

Thanks again!

Hi lovely,

I think you will find that with Dr Moradi they are referring to your time with him. The measurements are taken by the surgeon and a range off implant choices will be offered but you will invariably be sent to the clinic nurse of consultant who will try the implants on with you in the bra etc and let you decide on a CC amount and then you might see the surgeon again quickly.

Another option is to go for a free consult with the clinic nurse/consultant. A few of the really busy surgeons offer this so you can decide if the practice is the right fit for you before proceeding with the consult fee.

20 hours ago, TheFox said:

Hi lovely,

I think you will find that with Dr Moradi they are referring to your time with him. The measurements are taken by the surgeon and a range off implant choices will be offered but you will invariably be sent to the clinic nurse of consultant who will try the implants on with you in the bra etc and let you decide on a CC amount and then you might see the surgeon again quickly.

Another option is to go for a free consult with the clinic nurse/consultant. A few of the really busy surgeons offer this so you can decide if the practice is the right fit for you before proceeding with the consult fee.

I just received an email from Dr Mayson's clinic and it explained what will occur in the 2 hour consult -

Our consultation fee is $220 for 2 hours and has two distinct periods:

-          1. 45 min DVD explaining all surgical choices (muscular position of implants, incision sites, implant styles, known risks and complications) so that you are well informed before meeting Dr Mayson

-          2. 1 hour consultation by Dr Mayson: full medical and breast history taken, discussion on any questions you have, query on what styles of implants and surgery you wish to have, in detail measurements of your body to ensure that implant selections meet your desired look, but are also safe and don’t cause known complications. Trying of implants to gain your feedback.   Brief period of time with myself briefly to go over details on how surgeries are scheduled and organised

U      I will likely go for a consult with Dr Mayson and Dr Moradi. Dr Mayson seems to favour the polyurethane foam covered implants - does anyone know if these are good option? He also offers smooth silicone implants but the nurse I spoke to strongly advised I go for polyurethane implants. So confused!

Also good to know about free consults with the nurse, I never knew that this was an option :)

I

. -        

-        

5 hours ago, Jamball said:

I just received an email from Dr Mayson's clinic and it explained what will occur in the 2 hour consult -

-          1. 45 min DVD explaining all surgical choices (muscular position of implants, incision sites, implant styles, known risks and complications) so that you are well informed before meeting Dr Mayson

-          2. 1 hour consultation by Dr Mayson: full medical and breast history taken, discussion on any questions you have, query on what styles of implants and surgery you wish to have, in detail measurements of your body to ensure that implant selections meet your desired look, but are also safe and don’t cause known complications. Trying of implants to gain your feedback.   Brief period of time with myself briefly to go over details on how surgeries are scheduled and organised

U      I will likely go for a consult with Dr Mayson and Dr Moradi. Dr Mayson seems to favour the polyurethane foam covered implants - does anyone know if these are good option? He also offers smooth silicone implants but the nurse I spoke to strongly advised I go for polyurethane implants. So confused!

Also good to know about free consults with the nurse, I never knew that this was an option :)

I

. -        

-        

You should be aware that the polyeurathane implants are associated with the highest incidence of ALCL where as there have been no reported cases of ALCL with a smooth implant.
I would rather a smooth implant than a poly implant, however, I believe that the micro textured implants mitigate the risks of ALCL whilst ocmbating some of the issues with smooth implants.

5 hours ago, Jamball said:

I

. -        

-        

Hey hun, just jumping into the conversation here. Whilst this surgeon does seem thorough and that is a good thing, the polyurethane coated implants are associated with a lot of problems including a high risk of ALCL. Do a search on the forum for polyurethane/brazilian implants and you will find a lot of ladies have had massive problems. Most reputable surgeons in Australia refuse to use them and they have been banned in other countries.

To be honest, i knew he was a cosmetic surgeon as soon as you said polyurethane implants - Dr Moradi is the more qualified choice out of the two - he is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon which means a lot when it comes to surgery and your body.

Thanks so much everyone! I was feeling so lost at the start of week and now I feel more sure on what to do.

I found it really weird when I called Dr Maysons office and they were being so pushy with the polyurethane implants. I had called for general information and within the first 5 minutes they were telling me that polyurethane implants were the only way to go.

Maybe I will skip Dr Mayson and go and see Dr Moradi and a few others if I find anyone else I like.

Thanks again :)

I definitely agree with TheFox a qualified plastic and reconstructive surgeon will be better equipped to hande even l the most simplest and complex surgeries,  i wish you luck in your BA journey and feel free to ask any questions you may have we are all here to help 😊

18 hours ago, Jamball said:

Thanks so much everyone! I was feeling so lost at the start of week and now I feel more sure on what to do.

I found it really weird when I called Dr Maysons office and they were being so pushy with the polyurethane implants. I had called for general information and within the first 5 minutes they were telling me that polyurethane implants were the only way to go.

Maybe I will skip Dr Mayson and go and see Dr Moradi and a few others if I find anyone else I like.

Thanks again :)

Best of luvk Jamball, I hope we didnt confuse you too much.

I think rule of thumb, consult with a plastic surgeon. If you bring a GP referral you will get some money back too.