Jump to content
Bec217

Perth ladies! Watts/Connell/Cunneen....HELP!

Recommended Posts

Hello ladies, 

I'm at the very beginning of my BA journey, and looking for the very best (as everyone does!) in Perth. 

Tony Connell keeps popping up, Sam Cunneen and Guy Watts. Has anyone got good/bad reviews with any of these docs? Or any other to consider? Dr Tav (Tavakoli) in Syd is my ultimate but logistics..Perth is so much easier. 

I'm 165cm, size 8 60kg. Currently a small B cup, wanting more of a C-D (Pia Muehlenbeck style). Boobs ruined from BF 2 kidos, and feel like a boy as I'm quite athletic! Any recommendations, before/after pics would be much appreciated! 

 

Thanks, Bec 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Bec217 welcome,  i went through Dr Cunneen about 19 months ago for my BA and while I'm mostly happy with my boobs and the size there is a small issue I'm not completely satisfied with,  i belive my implant  (the left one) has slight rotated not so much that my breast looks a funny shape but i have a flat spot/ridge in the cleavage area and my nipple sits to laterally to the side and i have flex distortion so will be seeing him at my 2 yr post op and asking what can be done to correct it.  (I will add that I'm a PT and fitness instructor so am very active also) Other than that i cannot fault his professionalism his attention to detail,  he is a very straight forward meticulous  surgeon and will guide you in the best direction he is very caring and nothing is ever to much trouble  (i went back 4 x to try on sizers before I settled on my size😂) the whole process was made very easy and i never felt pressured into committing to the surgery.  I never got to have my consult with Dr Watts as after i met Sam i just knew (i did have 3 consults before sam) so i cxld with Dr Watts and i akso hear great things about Dr Connell so I'd say you have a very hard choice as all are great surgeon's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Bec217 welcome to the forum from another Perth girl. I went with Anthony Williams at Assure in Subiaco. He is an absolutely brilliant plastic surgeon and I could not recommend him more highly. I had my BA 19 months ago and the results are perfect. I have similar stats to you, same height and weight, but I had AA cup. I went from that to a DD and I am still thrilled with my results. I have had no problems whatsoever and my scars are virtually invisible. I am also really athletic, gym, run, dance, hike - so I needed a BA that could accommodate all of that. 

As for the other surgeons, I have heard good things about Tony Connell. Perhaps you can do a search through the threads on the forum and see what other girls have said about all of those surgeons you mention. That may give you a better indication of all of them.

Good luck with your decision and keep us posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @sabP, I will look into your doc. So good you are thrilled with them!  How did you both go post surgery with exercise? How long until you were in the full swing of normal life/training? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine done with Sam. I also have rotation on right breast. Apart from that I have desired results although i think if I had my time again I wouldn't do it.

The rotation pops back and forth all the time. So one day it will be around the wrong way and the next it falls back into place. I have pics on my profile if you want to see just ad me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bec217 said:

Thanks @sabP, I will look into your doc. So good you are thrilled with them!  How did you both go post surgery with exercise? How long until you were in the full swing of normal life/training? 

For me i started back at the gym by 3 wpo just walking and stationary bike,  5-6 wks i was back to doing lower body workouts like leg press and bodyweight squats /lunges and back to my regular routine by 8 wpo but still taking it easy  (running was 6-8 wks po with a good sports bra) and by 6 mpo i was back my normal weights with the exception of chest exercises which i no longer do . But i will say please follow your ps reccomendations on exercises to minimize po complications. 

3 hours ago, elleg said:

I had mine done with Sam. I also have rotation on right breast. Apart from that I have desired results although i think if I had my time again I wouldn't do it.

The rotation pops back and forth all the time. So one day it will be around the wrong way and the next it falls back into place. I have pics on my profile if you want to see just ad me 

Same here, some days mine looks kinda weird and then other days it seems fine, how often do you notice yours moving, i feel the pocket may have been made a little to big which is why i think it would move .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It happens every two or three days. Mainly because I don't care anymore and i just do normal things like lifting and gardening .  . It frustrating. I'm also feeling general terrible and can't sleep very well with them. More trouble than all the pain and money 😵 I'd rather feel healthy and comfortable. I regret getting them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 1:40 PM, Bec217 said:

Thanks @sabP, I will look into your doc. So good you are thrilled with them!  How did you both go post surgery with exercise? How long until you were in the full swing of normal life/training? 

Hey @Bec217 I started walking from day one, slowly!! I went back to running at week 6 when I was able to wear a really good supportive sports bra. The gym I left for a while longer to make sure I was fully healed. Dancing also at 6 weeks.  I recovered pretty well, but you do have to give yourself time to heal and pace yourself and follow the instructions of your surgeon as they all give different advice :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine done with Dr Cunneen and now have Symmastia. I will be having them removed eventually and am considering not replacing them at all. Like @elleg I feel it was a complete and utter waste of money. I do have regrets about having them as well now. They are uncomfortable and I can’t even show them off or wear anything slightly revealing because they look terrible. 

 

Plus is if I do decide to re-implant after having them removed it’s going to be a long process that I just can’t afford with time off for 2 more operations. (1 to remove and another 3+ months later to re-insert) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2019 at 12:00 PM, Bec217 said:

Hello ladies, 

I'm at the very beginning of my BA journey, and looking for the very best (as everyone does!) in Perth. 

Tony Connell keeps popping up, Sam Cunneen and Guy Watts. Has anyone got good/bad reviews with any of these docs? Or any other to consider? Dr Kav in Syd is my ultimate but logistics..Perth is so much easier. 

I'm 165cm, size 8 60kg. Currently a small B cup, wanting more of a C-D (Pia Muehlenbeck style). Boobs ruined from BF 2 kidos, and feel like a boy as I'm quite athletic! Any recommendations, before/after pics would be much appreciated! 

 

Thanks, Bec 

Hi Bec, 

Have you decided who to go with? I cant decide too :(

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 2:42 PM, Nomoreboobs said:

Hi Bec, 

Have you decided who to go with? I cant decide too

Chris

I went with Connell! 1 week post op.. Very happy with everything so far and the recovery has been so much easier than I was expecting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bec217 said:

I went with Connell! 1 week post op.. Very happy with everything so far and the recovery has been so much easier than I was expecting!

Great! argh I am tossing btw Connell & Williams.. hmmm

Edited by Nomoreboobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 9:13 PM, Bec217 said:

I went with Connell! 1 week post op.. Very happy with everything so far and the recovery has been so much easier than I was expecting!

So happy to hear! I’m booked this week with Tony so excited and nervous at the same time! Any tips for those first few days?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies,

I went with connell for breast implant replacement because mine was done overseas 4 years ago and it rotated. 6 days post op today and I opened my surgical bra for the first time because my body is still very sore from the abdominoplasty with muscle repair and looked in the mirror... I'm a happy girl.

I was supposed to see Connell 4 years ago but went to South Korea instead. And then last year I shopped around seeing dr Cunneen as well. Dr Connell's experience won me over eventhough he doesn't have that flashy insta page to show off his work. If you want to see pics just send me a PM and I'll send you my 6 days post op pic.

Initialy he suggested 330cc round microtextured implant in my right side for starter point because my vectra image showed that I'm 40cc asymmetric, and the he'd go from there wether to put smaller,same or larger implant in the left side. But during our last consult he asked me if I'd rather wake up too small or too big, I said too small. He then changed his plan and started with 240cc.

My old implant was teardrop macro textured implant and even from day 1 I felt it didn't suit my body type and I never got the shape that I wanted. It ended up never fully drop because it rotated and didn't fill my already stretched pocket from breastfeeding 3 kids plus another last stretch after I got the implant with my 4th baby. 

Very happy with dr Connell and his judgement and his taste. I trusted him fully and didn't even try sizer, I only said I want something natural to fill these pockets,nothing too big or extravagant, and most importantly I want a very nice shape. All the best for you and your upcoming surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 5:54 PM, APerth said:

Hi ladies,

I went with connell for breast implant replacement because mine was done overseas 4 years ago and it rotated. 6 days post op today and I opened my surgical bra for the first time because my body is still very sore from the abdominoplasty with muscle repair and looked in the mirror... I'm a happy girl.

I was supposed to see Connell 4 years ago but went to South Korea instead. And then last year I shopped around seeing dr Cunneen as well. Dr Connell's experience won me over eventhough he doesn't have that flashy insta page to show off his work. If you want to see pics just send me a PM and I'll send you my 6 days post op pic.

Initialy he suggested 330cc round microtextured implant in my right side for starter point because my vectra image showed that I'm 40cc asymmetric, and the he'd go from there wether to put smaller,same or larger implant in the left side. But during our last consult he asked me if I'd rather wake up too small or too big, I said too small. He then changed his plan and started with 240cc.

My old implant was teardrop macro textured implant and even from day 1 I felt it didn't suit my body type and I never got the shape that I wanted. It ended up never fully drop because it rotated and didn't fill my already stretched pocket from breastfeeding 3 kids plus another last stretch after I got the implant with my 4th baby. 

Very happy with dr Connell and his judgement and his taste. I trusted him fully and didn't even try sizer, I only said I want something natural to fill these pockets,nothing too big or extravagant, and most importantly I want a very nice shape. All the best for you and your upcoming surgery.

Good to hear that things have gone so well for you this time :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2019 at 2:00 PM, Bec217 said:

Hello ladies, 

I'm at the very beginning of my BA journey, and looking for the very best (as everyone does!) in Perth. 

Tony Connell keeps popping up, Sam Cunneen and Guy Watts. Has anyone got good/bad reviews with any of these docs? Or any other to consider? Dr Tav (Tavakoli) in Syd is my ultimate but logistics..Perth is so much easier. 

I'm 165cm, size 8 60kg. Currently a small B cup, wanting more of a C-D (Pia Muehlenbeck style). Boobs ruined from BF 2 kidos, and feel like a boy as I'm quite athletic! Any recommendations, before/after pics would be much appreciated! 

 

Thanks, Bec 

Dr Tavakoli did Pia Muehkenbeck's breast augmentation and I believe they are much bigger than a C-D cup. She has 475cc anatomical implants, so even though you think this is a C-D Cup, you might actually be describing more of the DD fuller look. Definitely bring pictures to your consult to show what look you are after.

Sam Cunneen and Guy Watts both have lots of reviews on here, try searching in the search bar or view their profiles in the surgeon directory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@APerth glad to hear your surgery went well and hoping your recovery runs smoothly.  

@Bec217 i had my BA done through Dr Sam Cunneen and am very happy with my results,  Sam is a very meticulous surgeon and knows his stuff i left the size choice to him in the end as wanted a fake natural look and thats exactly what i got.

I would have to agree with the Moderator on Pia Muehkenbeck's look what you think is a C or D cup is actually more  a DD or even E cup if you look at my photos you would think i was a D cup but in actual fact I'm a 10 E  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...