Sign in to follow this  
whitewave

Perth girls??

Hi Jen,

I am heavily considering doing it - have been for quite some time but am doing my head in trying to figure out if I should go overseas or stick to Perth soil!

-J x

Hi I'm from Perth and I fly out in November to Bangkok for my BA.

I picked going overseas mainly due to cost I also did a lot of research and found a good dr that I am comfortable with.

Im from Perth, and the same thing. I chose to go over Thailand purely becuase of cost. I have had a consultation here in Perth and was quoted between $12-14,000 where as Thailand is costing me $5000ish, including flights, accomodation and the surgery!

Im booked for Jan 18 :)

I'm in Perth and have a consult with Dr Briggs next week ($200) but thats mainly for sizing and before/after care as I am booked in for Thailand on 10th Dec.

Its more common practice to the doctors there (as in they do 20 a day) and the cost is a lot less.

Hi OP,

I was concerned like you about aftercare etc as a misinformed me thought that once you were in and out of the procedure that was the last they saw of you and nothing was offered - sort of a wham bam thank you mam scenario but as I have recently learnt, there is post op care available for a year after the surgery I believe through your case manager and through the surgeon. May differ from company to company though! Ideally I'd like to stay on home soil so I could have that some what immediate access to my surgeon if there were issues instead of a 7 hour flight but if that's the case I will be saving for another 5 years or something haha!

Hi there,

I went through Absolute Cosmetics in Nedlands. My surgeon was Dr Glenn Murray. I cannot recommend him or his staff high enough. They were fantastic from the start!! I could not fault a single person there and I was made to feel so welcome the entire time.

I had my surgery three weeks ago now. After the Op my surgeon gave my Mum his Office number, Mobile number, Home number and even his Wife's number just incase we needed anything. Now how many doctors will do that for you?? Even now, he wants me to keep texting every week to let him know how things are going (until my 6 week check).

I did pay quite a bit for my BA probably around $13,500 which included everything!! I know it's a lot but as they say "You get what you pay for" which in this case I certainly did.

I am so happy with my new "assets". Hope you find yourself someone you are just as comfortable with :-) Everyone is different, what works for one might not work for another!!

Goodluck xx

PS: My pic is a before!!! I haven't done an after yet!!!

I'm staying on home soil, my procedure is being done by Dr Mark Lee on the 15th though I'm having a TT and a BL. Also did not want to take chance if there were complications.

I'm a Perth girl.... And decided to go OS not to save money but for the adventure.....

And oh boy an adventure of a life time I got!!!!

Major major F*k up!!!!

I say it's just money.... Life, health emotional turmoil risk is not worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read my story if u like!!

But I swear by tiny connel in subiaco!!!

Hey has just started fixing me and am soo sooo happy with te results!!!! They are perfect!!

And he didn't have an easy job fixing someone else's horrible work!!!

I was thinking of going overseas for my BA and lift but after seeing my friends BA done by Tony Connell (they look amazing!), I decided to spend the extra money and have it done by him. All I've heard to great things about him. I'm booked for the 11th November :)

Im a perth girl, I am going with Dr Mark Lee, hopefully the end of this month/start of nov. I am having a lift as well as aug :)

Hes in subi and there staff are so friendly and he really knows what hes talking about, ive got friends who had BAs done by him and cant reccommend him enough hence why im going with him :)

Mine isn't a standard op.... But it was 2500 for scar revision + hospital + anethatist.

And it was day surgery so it was at Cambridge day surgery in wembly.

My next one which is removal and placement of new implants is going to be around $6k for surgeon fee + implants + anethatist + hospital and that will be at te mount!! So excited for op 2!! That's next yr!!

I heard he use to be head of plastics at rph.... And the surgeons there recommended him to me saying he ha all taught them or something.....

And if u try googling him u will find he doesn't have a web site because he doesn't need one.... He gets enough clients through word of mouth..... Sooo happy with the result...

When I'm on my computer next I'll have to try up load some new pics of his work... Not my dodgy job!!!

Hello ODi..who are you using as your doctor? I am also from Perth and have been looking into this for the past year full on but am very scared/nervous of complications and cant seem to find the right doctor or someone who I like. I have looked into bangkok makeovers and ultimate beauty escapes as a means of overseas travel but I am not sure:S

Hi girls,

I can totally recommend Dr Mark Duncan Smith in West Perth. I had my surgery in April and it has been the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Mark was awesome and everything has turned out perfectly. I paid $11,000 all up and had my surgery at Cambridge.

Serenety - Mark is currently the head of plastics at Royal Perth, thats what gave me the confidence in going with him plus two other girls that are close to me went with him aswell.

123456 - I have accepted your FR.

If anyone else wants any more info or to check out my pics just send me and FR.

Hello :)

I am booked in with Dr Chan in West Perth.

I was recommended by alot of girls to see Dr Chan, and met him and his staff and it was great.

They are very helpful and informative.

I have my surgery in 10 days! so exciting :)

I am a Perth girl. I have previously went to Bangkok Thailand to Bumrungrad Hospital and had a Breast lift and Augmentation with Dr Teerasit back in 2009.

I am excited to say..... I am heading back over to have a revision done with Dr T. I want to have my areolas reduced and some lipo/possibly a tummy tuck.

Dr Teerasit is fantastic. I cannot rave about him enough. The price quoted from 2 plastic surgeons here in Perth was between $18k-$21k. There is nothing wrong with going to Bumrungrad rather than having it done locally.

This time I am looking at going through Global Health Travel and joining a crew of ladies :)

If you have any questions etc. I hope I can assist you with your questions xx

Just bumping up this post to see how all the Perth girls are doing.

Pisces I have seen your post -op pics. Looks good. How is everything going? Mumto2 have you booked a date for surgery? Kannnn29 - I see your now 4 days post op!! Everything going well?

I have consults with Dr Mark Lee and Dr Tim Cooper next week. I've decided just to stick with the two for now and if I am comfortable with one of them (or both - then i'll have to choose) will book in for surgery in January. If not I will keep looking :)

Jen x

Hi jen,

I am in for surgery tomorrow!! Have to be in subi at 11!! Super nervous haha. I have no pics up yet because i cant upload from an ipad, but once im out of surgery 2moro and feeling better ill be hooking the laptop up so i can share with you all :) im going through dr mark lee :) xx

Mumto2 how did your surgery go? How is the recovery?? x

Hi whitewave, surgery was great and recovery is also great so far! I have either had it really easy or just expected things to be way worse than they are! I could lift my arms and tie my hair the first night. Last night had a good sleep too :) I have my follow up appt otuesday so hopefully things are healing well. I cant recommend dr lee and his staff enough, they have been great and really make you feel they know exactly what theyre doing. Also st john of god staff were amazing and everything ran so smoothly :)

Hi Whitewave, have you managed to have your appointments and how did it go.

Everything is going really well, surgery was well, and not much pain at all, anaesthetist was absolutely wonderful. Of course its the recovery time thats getting to me, but I know that I just have to be patient. I am also extremely impressed with my scars Dr Lee has done an absolutely superb job.

I just had a look at your pics Mumto2, they are looking fantastic! Did you go to SJOG as a day patient or stay overnight??

Thankyou! Im so happy with them. Im going in to have my po check this afternoon and have my dressings changed, im so excited to see them without the tape!!

I went in the day surgery but stayed overnight, it was recommended as i got a lift too and its a bit more of a lengthy procedure. I also have young kids at home (4 & 4months) so a night alone worked out well :)

I cant believe how EASY this recovery has been! I was stressing big time about it but i have been able to move fully since the first night.. Tying my hair, washing it, stopped taking pain killers.. Everything! Its been amazing.

Im hoping to snap a cpl pics today when my dressings are off so i will upload this arvo :) xxx