Sign in to follow this  
belle36

Are my scars supposed to look like this?

I am 3 weeks post op and so far everything is going really well, have no pain anymore and am doing most of my normal activities. Just wondering what everyone elses scars looked like? My appear to be a bit raised, they are a darksish colour with some peeling skin. Is this part of the healing process or should I contact my surgeon?

id say contact your surgeon if you have any concerns, better to be safe than sorry. And with scars early intervention is imperative to better results. At the very least visit your local gp and ask them good luck and I hope all is well but it sound relatively normal as long as it doesnt look like a keloid scar google ithope that helps :)

Coco have you been rubbing anything into them? Like Bio Oil or Rosehip oil?

3 weeks post I'd say it sounds pretty normal, no I haven't gotten to that stage yet with my BA, but I've had other surgery and my wound heals similar.

How are any other scars on your body? Are you someone that keloids normally? If not then I doubt your boobs will. But as Tango said if you are really concerned contact your surgeon.

i was rubbing in rose hip oil form day 7 (my doctor and nurse wanted me to do it as a trial) by rubbing the oil on te your are breaking up the scar tissue which then helps them to become more smooth and not so raised. Mine also peeled a little at about 3 week i think its normal, when the peeling started i just tried to put the rose hip oil on at least 3 times a day (originally i was doing it morning and night but during this i also did it when i got home from work)

hope this helps :)

Mine was 4 weeks post op already. I haven't put any oil or anything except cleaning with the vitamin e soap once a week and replace the tape. As dr Rubinstein provide fraxel laser treatment afterwards for the scar. Since I have the tape all the time, I didn't do anything extra. The scar looks quiet nice , a 5-6cm dark line, look smooth, the dark stitches nearly gone now. But when touching it, feel like there is the internal scar there. Anyway I just trust the surgeon n follow the instruction