Sign in to follow this  
renkim

Plastic Surgeon recommendations for BA - Brisbane

Hi everyone,

So I've made the decision to get my BA. Now starting all of the research.

I've read the differences between CS & PS and am going to go and see Dr Harwood but want to see a plastic surgeon to see if there is differing opinions. Other than Luke Stradwick I haven't seen many recommendations for actual PS? I may consider going down the Gold Coast but I would prefer to stay in Brisbane if possible.

I'm currently a deflated B/C after weight loss so want to fill them back up. 52kg 165cm tall.

Any info or recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ren

Hi Ren,

The below link to the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons site will give you a list of qualified plastic surgeons in Queensland - under their names is where you will find their specific location - there are a few in Bris :)

http://www.plasticsurgery.org.au/about-us/search/?surgeonName=&surgeonState=QLD&searchSurgeons=1&submit=Search

Hi everyone,

So I've made the decision to get my BA. Now starting all of the research.

I've read the differences between CS & PS and am going to go and see Dr Harwood but want to see a plastic surgeon to see if there is differing opinions. Other than Luke Stradwick I haven't seen many recommendations for actual PS? I may consider going down the Gold Coast but I would prefer to stay in Brisbane if possible.

I'm currently a deflated B/C after weight loss so want to fill them back up. 52kg 165cm tall.

Any info or recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ren

Hi Renkim

I had consults with Dr Richardson and Dr Harwood. I went to see Dr R because I have 2 friends who went to him, also they were referred by there friends. However, in the consult with him I came away feeling very down and upset. He comes across as a bit well almost arrogant. I dont know whether thats just me being sensitive or him having a bad day because lots of other girls on here rave about him. He told me my boobs wasn't the same size and that I would have to have a Breast lift to get the look I so badly desired....

I then joined this forum and found Dr Kim, and the girls love him on here, I booked in for a consult and fell in love with the guy ( well not literally )straight away, I liked his hands on approach and he was very kind and caring. I came out of his consult so happy and over the moon by his recommendation I booked in immediately and got a space 2 weeks after ( which was yesterday ).

My advice is go and see as many surgeons til you feel comfortable with one. Its money well spent in my eyes... even though Dr Kim is free consults. Also his after care is amazing. I live 3 hours from Brisbane with a bub so he understood I could only get into see him one before the op, I emailed him about 5 times with different questions and concerns and he gets back to you that day.

Sorry for the long reply but Dr Kim definitely won me over... Good luck :)

I found him a bit the same! I'm hoping that Dr Harwood is as good as everyone says. Dr Richardson told me that one of mine was saggier than the other and I could do with a one side lift or deal with the assymetry. I'm going to ask Dr H about if 2 different implants would change or if it will be the same/similar/worse.

I found him a bit the same! I'm hoping that Dr Harwood is as good as everyone says. Dr Richardson told me that one of mine was saggier than the other and I could do with a one side lift or deal with the assymetry. I'm going to ask Dr H about if 2 different implants would change or if it will be the same/similar/worse.

I think you will be really surprised with what dr H says, he actually measures you and gets right in there and had has a good feel haha he said to me a lift was not needed and i have perfectly symmetrical boobs!!! dr R said the opposite...I just didnt "click" with dr R...

Hi Ladies... I work with a Brisbane PS (he does not do boobs:(), though he has given me the names of three plastic surgeons he recommends for breasts in Qld....Dr Kane, Dr McDermant & Dr Theile

Hope this helps.

Hi Flab be gone I have heard very good things about dr mcdermant at kawana. I have consult with him in 2 weeks his website has all his training and qualifications aswell :) my gp also recommended him also .

Hello. I went to see dr Harwood and I thought he was absolutley great, he was honest and compasionate. Personally he couldnt perfrom a BA on me...but so far he has been the nicest Dr so far. Even though im not having him do my BA I honestly think he would be an amazing BA...my close friend had hers done by him and they look amaxing! all the best!

I couldnt agree more, I have seen both Harwood and Richardson. Harwood is so much "warmer" and I too felt Richardson wasarrogent, Im 166cm, 66kg and daid i wanted around 380-400ccs....and he gave me 500ccs i felt kind like i was going to be "just another BA". So now im back to square one in finding a surgeon :( im starting to look on the GC and even sydney! good luck with everything

wow.. its sooo nice to see something about Dr McDermant here. i have booked with him for December. I saw him a few weeks ago and i found him to lovely. i cant wait but i have too till i get enough time off work.

Hi There, I had my BA done with Dr. Broadhurst from Enhance Plastic Surgery in New Farm, Briabane and am so incredibly happy with my surgeon choice! Feel free to check out my before and afters so far if you like (I'm 1.5 weeks post op now).

he is a PS, his before and afters are amazing and after doing so much research into Brisbane and GC surgeons, Dr. Broadhurst was my pick.

Feel free to PM me any questions I might be able to answer for you. Good luck xx

Hi, I have booked in with Dr David Theile and have found him very nice and answered my questions. I found out I have tubular breasts so am glad I have a PS. I'm booked in for March 14, because summer is coming and its term 4 with the kids at school.

I couldnt agree more, I have seen both Harwood and Richardson. Harwood is so much "warmer" and I too felt Richardson wasarrogent, Im 166cm, 66kg and daid i wanted around 380-400ccs....and he gave me 500ccs i felt kind like i was going to be "just another BA". So now im back to square one in finding a surgeon :( im starting to look on the GC and even sydney! good luck with everything

Hi Kashka! I can't recommend Dr. Broadhurst highly enough. Just from your story of a surgeon not listening to you, I would definitely recommend having a consult with Dr. Broadhurst. He listened to me and have me exactly what I wanted in terms of look, size, shape, and degree of natural-ness. Plus he's Brisbane based.

good luck xx