Sign in to follow this  
GGarner

Solarium or Sun ???

I think both are terrible, I have known too many people with skin cancer- but if I had to choose then i think natural sun is the lesser of 2 evils. Solariums should all be banned IMO.

It's fake tan all the way for me, I avoid the sun as much as possible. Do make sure you cover you scars well though when you do. JenJens advice of sunscreen and a physical barrier like bandaids etc are a good idea.

I think, laying under the sun for hours is definitely bad for anybody!! A Tan skin is an burnt/damage skin!! Yet, sunlight is vital as with sun, our body able to produce vit.D. The thing is, you don't need stay undert he sun for hours to archive that. Just stay under the sun for 20mins in the morning before 11am and you got your vit.D suppied. ;)

Girls, I do tend to agree with you about the tanning - fake is best in my opinion. My bestie's boyfriend has been fighting melanoma for two years - it has now spread throughout his body and they've given him 6 months to live :( It's just not worth it.. xx

Girls, I do tend to agree with you about the tanning - fake is best in my opinion. My bestie's boyfriend has been fighting melanoma for two years - it has now spread throughout his body and they've given him 6 months to live :( It's just not worth it.. xx

So sorry to hear that about your friend's boyfriend. My aunt had lost her life to Lung Canser too.

If he is open to alternative option, please pass my suggestion t him. Try Tumeric as something in tumeric can turn on the an mechanism in our cell called cell suicide!!! The reason we get cancer because our cell fail to do that and allowed the cancerous cell to multiply when they should kill themself off.

Look at Dr.Clark.net. She had helped a lot of final stage cancer patients!!!

Please tell him do not loose hope!!! Try to the last minute!!!!

I often lay out in the sun, mostly coz I love the feeling of the sun on me, I find it so relaxing, but I am ANAL with suncream and would NEVER use a solarium....too much evidence on how dangerous they are, I imagine a PS would warn you against them completely....

I totally agree with fake is best, solariums are so dangerous and so is the sun in huge unprotected doses. I can't imagine any doctor will suggest either of those methods of getting a tan. I'm sure with the right sun protection, it won't hurt to lay out for a litttle while outide of the hottest hours of the day. Protect those scars really well.

I'm with Minimel 100%...I love being outdoors so lots of sunscreen! You still tan anyway I find and I wear sunscreen all the time. I was told 6 weeks for sunbathing as it can encourage swelling & of course cover your scars for ages! I had a little mole cut off my face and didn't wear sunscreen over the scar & it's lost all the melanin & noticeable. Big no way to solariums!