Sign in to follow this  
pattytrixia

Swelling near incision or bottoming out freak out?

Before freaking out, I'd though I'd ask, once the top of the breast begins to subside... did anyone else have swelling under the areola that almost made you look like you had a subtle change dent in your lower breast?

I've emailed my PS already and I'm justing waiting to hear back.. but i'd thought i'd ask.

It CAN be mistaken as bottoming out BUT it's swelling the actual implant isn't like sliding down my chest or anything.

Edited by pattytrixia

Good to hear its all fine. I kind of have what you described, mine is mostly because I had my creases lowered quite a bit and the tissue was very constricted so it's expected until the implant has time to push it out. It's getting much better as the days go by

I thought I'd update on this thread...

Had my second post-op appointment with my PS today.. and he saw the 'crease' I was worried about he said it isn't "good" but it's too early to tell - even though I have a subtle crease (which is visible in my photo album) - he explained this could be because my own breast tissue although not a lot is a bit stubborn and may take time to "blend" with the implant and expand.

We have to wait until the 6month mark to see if this needs to be fixed or not however he seems optimistic about it evening out he is being cautious by warning me. He said he had another patient who had a very 'marked' crease which disappeared by 6 months - so I shouldn't be too worried as I'm still shifting and changing.

What a pain for you pattytrixia. I will cross my fingers for you that it evens out and disappears by the 6 month mark. I can imagine how upsetting this could be. Good luck hun :)

thanks ladies!

the massages I'm doing at the moment are mainly pushing the breast together... and cleavage massages... but good news is when I an pushing the breasts together the crease seems to disappear so it may be a matter of time :-)