Sign in to follow this  
francoise

Numb nipple after a breast lift/reduction

Hi all.

I've recently had a breast lift and reduction (on right side). On my right side the nipple is numb. I'm just wondering whether anyone has experienced this and whether the feeling eventually came back.

I love my new breasts, and the numb nipple I guess is not the end of the world. Still got one functional one left ;)

Hi francoise,

I think it's pretty normal. I have huge numb patches in between my nipples and incisions at the moment. It's quite noticeable and annoys me a little. Hopefully the nerves will regenerate and sensation will return. My surgeon said this could take several months, and there is always a chance that normal sensation may not fully return. I guess it's just one of those "wait and see" things..

xx

From what I have heard its pretty normal. I had numbness in both but particularly in my left which was harder to operate on according to my PS. My hubby could pinch and twist them and I could only slightly feel the right being touched and could not feel the left at all. I have some sensation back now and I can not stand the right one being touched at all, it hurts! I also don't like the left one touched but not nearly as bad.

A very small percentage of patients do not get feeling back but most do, it can take months though. I have always hated my nipples being touched, it feels revolting to me so I was actually hoping not to get any sensation back!

The underside of each boob is also quite numb at the moment too but I think it will return to normal in time.

I had an areolar lift on one side and crease incision on the other. I still am numb on the areolar incision side, I think the nerve ending are starting to work their way thru now as I am getting sharp twinges from time to time, but Id wish it would hurry up, look a little odd when Im cold!