Sign in to follow this  
Minimel

Post-op bra question??

Hi girls,

Just reading through all my info (for the millionth but last time!!) and it says my post op bra should be worn for no more than 12 hours a day...I'm not supplied a post-op bra so I have a couple of sports bras which I was going to use for post op, do you think that means I should use the ah-bras I have or crop tops for after the 12 hour time period and to sleep in??

I have to wear my post op bra for 6 weeks but have been wearing my target type ahh bras occasionally for a break. They are easy to get into even in the early post op days as you can step into them and pull them up instead of putting them over your head. I would recommend wearing two at once at first though as you really need that extra support for a while. I bought a couple of extra comfort bras from bras and things today and they seem good for post op, but maybe wait a few weeks.

I you are only told to wear a bra for 12 hours, then I think a single ahh bra at night sounds good, maybe 2 if you feel the need. At first they do really feel like they need that extra support or they might fall off! It's a weird feeling!

Hi minimel, Dr t just has you wear the ahh bras for the first few day, at my first post open appt I wore the berlei post open bra, then alterntated between all.feel free to ask more qs, trust me I had a lot after and we almost have the same implants etc.xx good luck tomorrow if I don't hear from u.

Thanks chopper! I'm just going to take all my bras in with me and he can tell me which one is best I think!! Haha...I have 2 sports bras in a C and D just in case and another post-op bra in a C which my girlfriend gave me, she said it was super comfy and supportive...

I've also got a few ahh bras too so I think i'll take them along also....Platinum good idea about stepping into them too, they are pretty stretchy!!

Hope today went well Minimel. Looking forward to hearing how you got on. Sorry can't help with the bra Q's as my surgeon won't let me wear anything for 3 weeks after surgery....I hear alot about how the girls are on 'high beam' after surgery, so not sure how I am going to hide them!!!

J x

Jamily at the cosmetic shops and bras and things they have stick on nipple covers, kind of like the adhesive bras but about 10cm round. They might help round off the high beam so it isn't as noticeable?

Jamily at the cosmetic shops and bras and things they have stick on nipple covers, kind of like the adhesive bras but about 10cm round. They might help round off the high beam so it isn't as noticeable?

Thank you - great idea..... x