Sign in to follow this  
considering247

Cold n Flu tablets before BA?

Going to Thailand for my BA and just want to make sure I have things organised - like throat lozengers, laxatives etc etc and I was going to pack some Cold N Flu tablets JUST in case I start feeling like I'm coming down with something cause last time I went to Thailand I got sick the day before we flew out :( Anyway just realised that I might not be able to take them cause of whatever ingredients they have in them. Does anyone know?? Should I just leave them off my list?

Agree with above posts, plus if you are getting a cold pre op, they may not consider it safe for you go ahead, particularly if you nose is really blocked as the anaethastist needs you breathing well (I think?!?). It was a stress for me, and I did take vit C (slow release) to help avoid catching something...but you just need to hope!! Post op I did get the flu (fairly mild luckily) at around 7 days and I can tell you sneezing wasn't much fun....plus running a temp totally stressed me out! In the end after temp, head cold and rash, I finially felt better after about 10 days.

Anyhow got off track....but think it would be very unwise to take any meds in the couple of weeks before surgery....

good luck and stay well :)

chacha

If you have a cold pre opp that's okay asking as its not an infection.

My best friend had a cough and they did some tests on her

Mucus and because it wasn't an infection the proceeded.

Dr Piyapas also included cold medication with her other Meds.

Hope this helps

Hey hun,

I came down with a sore throat and blocked ears yesterday, I took codral last night, checked with my PS he said it was fine, just not the codral forte (has something different in it). I also smashed the vitamin c, took 2 x 500mg tablets 3 x a day....feeling much better!